Electric Racing in KL?

Old 05-08-2002, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Electric Racing in KL?

Hi all,
I may be taking a trip up to Malaysia soon, with Kuala Lumpur as my destination. Any Electric races there in June? Would sure like to try out one of those huge tracks!

Thanks.

~Alvin
Old 05-08-2002, 10:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Electric Racing in KL?

hi alvin. there r few track in malaysia.in of them in seremban for 1/10~1/5 scale.
-there r 2 in KL. one in lake titiwangsa and the other in subang jaya.so far titiwangsa hav been resurfaced in feb 02 and certain part of the old track hav been reopened for 1/8 scale.there r no power supply in titiwangsa except 12v batt.

-as for subang jaya there will be AC power pls bring ur own power supply.there will be a hobby shop next to the track called hobby haven.sells mostly yokomo,integy,and tamiya stuff...etc.

-as for the racing sch. i will find out more info and post it for u.
cheers.

Originally posted by Alvin
Hi all,
I may be taking a trip up to Malaysia soon, with Kuala Lumpur as my destination. Any Electric races there in June? Would sure like to try out one of those huge tracks!

Thanks.

~Alvin
Old 05-10-2002, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Smile

hi monstor_sg :
how come u so familiar with KL???...

i stay in J.B,have not been 2 KL city for some time now,...do u know where can i find the hpi pro3 specV at a reasonable price???...the model is hpi pro3 specV,not the normal pro3...can help?
Old 05-12-2002, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

hi ijnek..hav u tried HK?or HPC or zoom in spore?
KL is quite a nice place....cheers

Originally posted by ijnek
hi monstor_sg :
how come u so familiar with KL???...

i stay in J.B,have not been 2 KL city for some time now,...do u know where can i find the hpi pro3 specV at a reasonable price???...the model is hpi pro3 specV,not the normal pro3...can help?
Old 05-13-2002, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Smile

well,...
i have been to zoom,the dealer there really knows how 2 put mi off so much tat i'm not interested in the pro3 specV if i were 2 get it from him,...i rather get a fully hop-up tl-01 for rally bashing fun,...

as for swan,winnie does not carry hpi stuffs....reasons?...bcos of the dealer as zoom as i spoken to her once...

hpc,...hmmm,...where is tat???...i've been 2 quite a few hobby shops in s'pore,but i can't remember all the names,except the names...

online?...they dun accept credit card payment leh,...anyway,i prefer 2 get the thing as i pay for it,...

u know the dealer address in kl???
Old 05-13-2002, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

- HPC - if my memory serves me right, this shop is located in subang jaya. don't have the exact address but have a name of a contact below. i believe he's still with HPC. they are the distributor for HPI in M'sia .. friendly folks.
David Lee - (03) 7373 1849

- you may also want to check out www.tp-racing.com, shop in sunway is owned by wong soo wei, one of the top elec TC drivers in m'sia.

- i heard that Thomas Tan has opened a shop at the Atria, in Damansara Jaya. he's a very friendly guy. owner of Nam Lee hobby shop, has a team - Team Nam Lee, what else? . heard that they've set-up a track on the multi-storey car park there .. but i've not seen it yet.

for tracks, check out
a) titiwangsa - as mentioend earlier - newly laid track
b) subang speedway - nice track for elec. hobby haven has a small shop next to the track. they had an international race there last yr or yr before, hara and masami (i think) were there.
Old 05-13-2002, 08:56 PM
Tech Adept

hi ijnek
how can i get hold of u in j.b?do u hav a mobile no. tat i can call u from?....cheers

Originally posted by ijnek
well,...
i have been to zoom,the dealer there really knows how 2 put mi off so much tat i'm not interested in the pro3 specV if i were 2 get it from him,...i rather get a fully hop-up tl-01 for rally bashing fun,...

as for swan,winnie does not carry hpi stuffs....reasons?...bcos of the dealer as zoom as i spoken to her once...

hpc,...hmmm,...where is tat???...i've been 2 quite a few hobby shops in s'pore,but i can't remember all the names,except the names...

online?...they dun accept credit card payment leh,...anyway,i prefer 2 get the thing as i pay for it,...

u know the dealer address in kl???
Old 05-14-2002, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Smile

my j.b contact?...
i'm working in s'pore n my working hours at tis moment isn't regular.but do drop mi an email at [email protected] and i will email u back asap.

alternatively,tis is my pgr : 95020464 and u can pgr 4 mi...