Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Tamiya R/C 14th Asia Cup Singapore Championship 2011 - Announcments >

Tamiya R/C 14th Asia Cup Singapore Championship 2011 - Announcments

Tamiya R/C 14th Asia Cup Singapore Championship 2011 - Announcments

Old 01-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drunkchicken
Only the tamiya brushless sensorless esc is allowed? Can use other ESC but with the same tamiya sensorless brushless motor?
pls read the rules in first few post before asking such silly question... don't tell me you are lazy to such extend..
Old 01-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Avemaria
pls read the rules in first few post before asking such silly question... don't tell me you are lazy to such extend..
Its his first post. Go easy on the fella ya.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi there,

Will TA05 IFS R consider as stock class?
Old 01-30-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi, new here wrt Tamiya races, would be interested in the Mini ones.
Will it be run on carpet?

Originally Posted by LAW
Will let you know in due time.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LightAngel
Hi, new here wrt Tamiya races, would be interested in the Mini ones.
Will it be run on carpet?
If Andrew gets a venue indoor then we have carpet, otherwise i am guessing most likely at BK's or ARC's..
Old 01-30-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by somethree
Hi there,

Will TA05 IFS R consider as stock class?
No, it will have to be GT class
Old 01-30-2011, 09:07 PM
LAW
Tech Addict

Default Updates

Hi guys ,

much anticipated rules for TAC2011 (Singapore) is finally confirmed.

First Opening race scheduled on 13 March @ RaceCraft Infinity , drivers who are joining are eligible to purchase the TBLE01 (Tamiya Brushless Combo)
plus 1st race entry fee @ 190.00 at Tamiya Showroom.

Categories Spec.

SuperStock Touring - #54181 Tamiya Sensorless Brushless Motor 18T
4WD GT - #54132 Tamiya Sensorless Brushless Motor 12T
M Sports - #54252 Tamiya Sensorless Brushless Motor 16T
F1 Racing - #54252 Tamiya Sensorless Brushless Motor 16T
FF03 Dash - #54251 Tamiya Sensorless Brushless Motor 14T

Batteries will be open to 7.4V , however additionally for lithium polymer (LIPO) , only hard cased is allowed.

Please refer to the attached TAC2011 Race Guide for details.

Thank you and have a great Chinese New Year ahead !
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TAC 2011 RACE GUIDE.pdf (392.5 KB, 482 views)
Old 01-31-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Boss,

1350g for F1 is like we got to put many weights. If run foams, lagi worse because the foams wear down.

I think last year was about 1250g.

By the way.. Happy Lunar Year New in advance! Huat ar!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LAW
First Opening race scheduled on 13 March @ RaceCraft Infinity , drivers who are joining are eligible to purchase the TBLE01 (Tamiya Brushless Combo)
plus 1st race entry fee @ 190.00 at Tamiya Showroom.
Andrew, just to confirm, $190 for TBLE ESC, TBLM Motor and Race Fee?

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the update. Looking forward for this year's TAC.

I am supporting the suggestion made by Arahawak. Yes Andrew min. weight of 1350g for the F1 class is very heavy indeed. Right now my F104 with electronics and battery weigh 1080g. It is not that I do not want to add weight but it is almost impossible to put 270g in an already super tight chassis & body.

Hope you will consider this suggestion. For reference I believe the weight for TAC Final all in was 1180g.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Abu Salahuddin
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the update. Looking forward for this year's TAC.

I am supporting the suggestion made by Arahawak. Yes Andrew min. weight of 1350g for the F1 class is very heavy indeed. Right now my F104 with electronics and battery weigh 1080g. It is not that I do not want to add weight but it is almost impossible to put 270g in an already super tight chassis & body.

Hope you will consider this suggestion. For reference I believe the weight for TAC Final all in was 1180g.
Hi Andrew,

I would like to second the sentiment that 1350g for F1 is absurd. As Abu Salahuddin has pointed out, on avg the F104 cars weigh in at about 1100g to 1200g on avg, and thats with brushless, lipos, hop-ups.

As it is, I'm running the new MP4-24 tamiya shell and already have some issues with mounting the ESC due to the mclaren's uniquely shaped side pods.
So if I run in TAC, how would I find the space to mount 200+g of weight in an already streamlined chassis?

My other issue is with the the rules/guidelines regarding weight. From what I understand, there was no proper controlled weigh in of the cars at the previous TAC. If that's the case, then why bother putting the minimum weight requirement if no checks are done during the race? I respect the organizers decisions and requirements but if we as participants are to adhere to the rules and regulations set, then the least that the organizers can do is to have a proper, standardized and transparent check with regards to the weigh-in of cars before the race.

I hope you'll be able to help with the issues raised, thanks in advance.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default c'mon guys...

Originally Posted by icefoxy01
Hi Andrew,

I would like to second the sentiment that 1350g for F1 is absurd. As Abu Salahuddin has pointed out, on avg the F104 cars weigh in at about 1100g to 1200g on avg, and thats with brushless, lipos, hop-ups.

As it is, I'm running the new MP4-24 tamiya shell and already have some issues with mounting the ESC due to the mclaren's uniquely shaped side pods.
So if I run in TAC, how would I find the space to mount 200+g of weight in an already streamlined chassis?

My other issue is with the the rules/guidelines regarding weight. From what I understand, there was no proper controlled weigh in of the cars at the previous TAC. If that's the case, then why bother putting the minimum weight requirement if no checks are done during the race? I respect the organizers decisions and requirements but if we as participants are to adhere to the rules and regulations set, then the least that the organizers can do is to have a proper, standardized and transparent check with regards to the weigh-in of cars before the race.

I hope you'll be able to help with the issues raised, thanks in advance.
Dear friends,

These issues are not for public viewing... Please PM Andrew with your personal views.

As participants in the TAC (or would be participants), it's natural that we may have some (or any) suggestions and personal challenges to the rules provided by the organizer. However, I'm certain that the rules were developed after careful thought and discussion with Statgek's primary backer... Tamiya Inc. and it's associates.

Please send your views via PM, so as to not place the organizer in an awkward situation.

The forum is public, as such, uninformed participants to the forum may be lead to conclusions that will be unfair to the organizer.

IMHO, and on a technical view to the weight rule: heavier is good.
Makes it easier for newcomers to tackle the challenging drive of a 2wd f1 car, making the F1 class not a "premium" or "elite" class but one where anyone can easily pick up and join.
As to tire wear, we are driving cars... there will most definately be tire wear! if it wears out a lot, perhaps it's cos there is too much wheelspin? perhaps a relook at driving styles is in order... WINK!

looking forward to TAC this year! Lipo, brushless, and fun fun fun!

Shalom and God Bless!

-Alexander
Old 01-31-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by foampervert
Dear friends,

These issues are not for public viewing... Please PM Andrew with your personal views.

As participants in the TAC (or would be participants), it's natural that we may have some (or any) suggestions and personal challenges to the rules provided by the organizer. However, I'm certain that the rules were developed after careful thought and discussion with Statgek's primary backer... Tamiya Inc. and it's associates.

Please send your views via PM, so as to not place the organizer in an awkward situation.

The forum is public, as such, uninformed participants to the forum may be lead to conclusions that will be unfair to the organizer.

IMHO, and on a technical view to the weight rule: heavier is good.
Makes it easier for newcomers to tackle the challenging drive of a 2wd f1 car, making the F1 class not a "premium" or "elite" class but one where anyone can easily pick up and join.
As to tire wear, we are driving cars... there will most definately be tire wear! if it wears out a lot, perhaps it's cos there is too much wheelspin? perhaps a relook at driving styles is in order... WINK!

looking forward to TAC this year! Lipo, brushless, and fun fun fun!

Shalom and God Bless!

-Alexander
I is not disputing, just asking if 1350g is correct since we ran 1180 at the Finals.

Alex, with regards to tires wear, what I meant is with foams tires the wear rate is higher and thus the weight will go down after a run, thus we have to compensate by adding maybe 20g in order to factor in the weight lost. It's not changing driving style. You are mixing 2 different topics together.

Rubber tires on the hand has minimum wear as in weight lost compared to foams. Compensation to that is prob a bare 5-10g. That is not an issue.

I dun mind if it is 1350 or 1180, if it's the former, we can be creative and take it as set up option in ballasting the cars.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Andrew,

Old cars like TA 04 R can join the race?
Old 01-31-2011, 10:22 PM
LAW
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Arahawak
I is not disputing, just asking if 1350g is correct since we ran 1180 at the Finals.

Alex, with regards to tires wear, what I meant is with foams tires the wear rate is higher and thus the weight will go down after a run, thus we have to compensate by adding maybe 20g in order to factor in the weight lost. It's not changing driving style. You are mixing 2 different topics together.

Rubber tires on the hand has minimum wear as in weight lost compared to foams. Compensation to that is prob a bare 5-10g. That is not an issue.

I dun mind if it is 1350 or 1180, if it's the former, we can be creative and take it as set up option in ballasting the cars.
Hi Dan,

Nice to speak to you.
Apologised ,abit old liao , cannot remember the weight for F1 Racing class.

The official weight for F1 Racing will be amended to 1,250grams.

Please take note accordingly.

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.