Off Road Tracks

Old 04-18-2002, 06:55 PM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 393
Default Off Road Tracks

Hi all,

Can anyone share with me the places to run off road r/c buggies/ trucks in singapore? I am thinking of getting a nitro off road truck. What do you guys think? Which nitro truck should i get? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers.
diesel is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 07:07 PM
  #2  
AO
Tech Addict
 
AO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: TEAM ATLAS
Posts: 693
Default

you can try the loyang motor track and the tampines motor track... Both are good.

The truck that are good to me are ofna monster truck or t-maxx.
AO is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 08:03 PM
  #3  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 393
Default

Hi there AO,

Thanks for sharing your views about trucks and the off road tracks. Currently there are 2 trucks on my mind. They are the team associated team truck and the HPI MT racer. I have heard really good comments on the associated truck but what i worry is the availability of associated parts in singapore. I don't think anyone carries team associated parts. On the other hand, i have heard really bad comments about the HPI dealer in singapore which made me think twice in getting the HPI truck. I have went on HPI's forum on nitro trucks and i am quite impressed by how some people custom make some parts of their trucks. The support will be there when you encounter a problem with your truck but what i fear is the poor support from the LHS.

Diesel.
diesel is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 08:45 PM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
pineapplet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,036
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default track !!

Hey AO,

Just a question on the motor tracks you mentioned... how crowded are they usually (with vehicles *other* than RC) ?

Also, can help with some directions on how to get there?


Hey Diesel.. forget the HPI trucks lah... the Associated looks good and durable.. but like you said.. parts problem.. same thing for the Tmaxx... we dun have local dealers for these.

Honestly, go with the Ofna... all the a/m don't have .21 engines (stock at least).... and .21 rocks!
pineapplet is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 10:59 PM
  #5  
Tech Adept
 
KopiO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North East SIN
Posts: 181
Default

Hey pineapplet,

There are ton of parts for T-maxx & E-maxx in rotating guy shop.


My poor T-max sitting there become collecting dust item. AO, when u going bring out ur t-maxx.
KopiO is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 11:08 PM
  #6  
AO
Tech Addict
 
AO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: TEAM ATLAS
Posts: 693
Default

Originally posted by diesel
Hi there AO,

Thanks for sharing your views about trucks and the off road tracks. Currently there are 2 trucks on my mind. They are the team associated team truck and the HPI MT racer. I have heard really good comments on the associated truck but what i worry is the availability of associated parts in singapore. I don't think anyone carries team associated parts. On the other hand, i have heard really bad comments about the HPI dealer in singapore which made me think twice in getting the HPI truck. I have went on HPI's forum on nitro trucks and i am quite impressed by how some people custom make some parts of their trucks. The support will be there when you encounter a problem with your truck but what i fear is the poor support from the LHS.

Diesel.
To tell you the truth, out of the truck that HPI come out Rush is the better choice.... Very power rear wheel drive, the jumps are nice too, but must hop a little.
AO is offline  
Old 04-18-2002, 11:10 PM
  #7  
AO
Tech Addict
 
AO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: TEAM ATLAS
Posts: 693
Default Re: track !!

Originally posted by pineapplet
Hey AO,

Just a question on the motor tracks you mentioned... how crowded are they usually (with vehicles *other* than RC) ?



Also, can help with some directions on how to get there?




Hey Diesel.. forget the HPI trucks lah... the Associated looks good and durable.. but like you said.. parts problem.. same thing for the Tmaxx... we dun have local dealers for these.

Honestly, go with the Ofna... all the a/m don't have .21 engines (stock at least).... and .21 rocks!
There are some motorcycle player.. Once awhile. Try asking KOPIO, he know the area better than me.
AO is offline  
Old 04-19-2002, 12:04 AM
  #8  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
pineapplet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,036
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tracks and trucks...

AO- true true... hpi stuff always has a 'cool' factor... their cars and parts are always very nice to look at. hpi bodyshells are also very nice. But again, its about the distributor issue.. which i think need not be revived in yet another thread.


KopiO - aiyah.. why burning-smiley???.. actually i wanted to buy emaxx from the rotating place before and noted all the spares he has there. But i think, in comparison to the support that another place can offer for hobao stuff, he still lose a bit. Also, a lot of the hop ups for t-maxx will still need to be ordered. Personally, i just feel the 'maxx phenomena is very 'american', and ppl outside of US are cut from the loop...

eh, so can share-share a bit about location of the tracks??
pineapplet is offline  
Old 04-19-2002, 12:42 AM
  #9  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 393
Default

Hmm...if i am not wrong there is an off road track in safra Toa Payoh. I am not really sure about whether you need to pay to play there...but the track seems deserted. It's rare to see people play there. It looks more like it's been closed down or something.

Diesel.
diesel is offline  
Old 04-19-2002, 01:58 AM
  #10  
Tech Adept
 
KopiO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North East SIN
Posts: 181
Default

eh, so can share-share a bit about location of the tracks??


pineapplet

no problem. will come back 2 u.
KopiO is offline  
Old 04-19-2002, 02:16 AM
  #11  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
pineapplet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,036
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TP track

Diesel: only been to the TP track past few weeks.. running 1/8 buggy there. Its 'free' inasmuch as i think the management are pretty bo-chap about it.... lease running out or something.. Heard its going to be gone by end of this month.

Its a bit small though.... see some ppl with their picco G1s and RBs barely manage to go WOT before having corner again.. or risk going straight up over the barriers..

On my second run there with my buggy, my throttle linkage got stuck on the far straight (weak servo plus lousy setting-up by me).. the car basically went flying over the fence and nearly hit the tree in the adjacent grass field... amazingly nothing broken.. 8)
pineapplet is offline  
Old 04-19-2002, 07:44 PM
  #12  
AO
Tech Addict
 
AO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: TEAM ATLAS
Posts: 693
Default Re: TP track

Originally posted by pineapplet
Diesel: only been to the TP track past few weeks.. running 1/8 buggy there. Its 'free' inasmuch as i think the management are pretty bo-chap about it.... lease running out or something.. Heard its going to be gone by end of this month.

Its a bit small though.... see some ppl with their picco G1s and RBs barely manage to go WOT before having corner again.. or risk going straight up over the barriers..

On my second run there with my buggy, my throttle linkage got stuck on the far straight (weak servo plus lousy setting-up by me).. the car basically went flying over the fence and nearly hit the tree in the adjacent grass field... amazingly nothing broken.. 8)
Got to be carful man, have seen someone broke his leg because of that.
AO is offline  
Old 04-19-2002, 08:59 PM
  #13  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,213
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

pineapplet - the safra lease ran out at the end of march. i believe april is just an interim mth before they start taking over the land to rebuild other things. it used to be members only. the security guard does spot checks to see if u have the membership ID. do u go down on sunday afternoons? if u do, we may have met .. i run the white body 7.5 with OS V01, yellow rims tyres.
fyi, there's a guy who regularly runs his Kyosho 1/10 truck there. have not seen any RC10 nor MT nor Rush at the track.

diesel i guess it's a bit late now .. but if u drop by the TP track on sunday afternoons, there are usually at least 10 pple there. it's the same usual bunch of pple weekly the track is quite a squeeze when there are 10 or more 1/8 buggies running at one time. the first turn collisions are inevitable and often spectacular!! hehehe ..

we're looking for a new track to run after this mth .. so if u guys have any info, pls do share!
wyl03 is offline  
Old 04-19-2002, 09:15 PM
  #14  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
pineapplet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,036
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TP track

i've been there Sat and Sun for past few weeks.. but me and my brother start early morning.. guess that's why we always miss the more regular gang on Sun afternoon...

i was there last week sunday.. we already packed up when a lot of guys started coming.

AO - getting better at adjusting linkages... so should be no more "When Nitro Cars Attack.." ... 8)

Wyl - were you the guy trying to chang-ko the pit lane properly? With the jungle cap? i think i saw another guy.. dunno if its OS or not, trying to bend the fins of the head back with a pasar malam screwdriver... heh heh.. nitro is fun.

so what are we all going to do when TP closes???
pineapplet is offline  
Old 04-21-2002, 09:26 AM
  #15  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,213
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

er, i think i was filling up the booby trap with the cangkul, or whatchamacalit.
u and your bro were running the tmaxx?

the guy adjusting the picco fin? i think it was 1 of the twins. bent the fin during a tumble they used to run OS's .. but recently, one got a new WS7 and the other a G1

anyway, i was at the track this afternoon after the rain. quite shocked to find a full house there. there must have been 15 pple, a good mix of kyosho, GS and mugen. but damn, it was good fun. the turn-out these last couple of months have been really good...if only there's a permanent track for everyone after this mth.
wyl03 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.