Question Abt V One R........

Question Abt V One R........

Old 05-23-2002, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

did you check the bearings yet??
Old 05-23-2002, 09:45 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Use to be more of a problem on the MTX but thoeretically can happen on the V1...but after a while the brake pads can debond from the steel backing...you will get occassional "self braking" from this...worth a check!
Old 05-23-2002, 12:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default v1r

terrance: does the bearing matters? cos it seems fine when off the ground

but i will check it out

how do i adjust the timing when to go to 2nd gear?

or does the position of the engine got to do with it?
i only measure the gear mesh of the gears on the outerside,
need to do any adjustment on the inner gear?
Old 05-26-2002, 06:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

find a hole on the inner portion of the 2 speed gear. hold on to the gears and slow push your car forward (this way is easier), try to locate the screw thru the hole.
tighten it if you want the gear to engage later, lossen it if you want the gear to be engaged earlier.

the best is run you car, listen to the car when it's engine comes to peak, that's the point where gears should be shifted.

hope this help
Old 05-29-2002, 10:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy i "hear say"......

yio..heard some saying tt V one R will be discontinue after the RR realeased, how far is true huh ?
Old 05-30-2002, 01:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

in hong kong, r no longer in the market liau. think, how far we are behind them.....
Old 05-31-2002, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 2nd gear

hey bhleric, i've tighten the screws liao.
i wan it to engage early.
but it seems that i having very inconsistent timing for the second gear to engage.
when at stationary, the idle is fine. when i throttle, the punch is superb, when i approaching a bend, slow down.....
then when i throttle again to get out of the bend, there,s no punch at all.
the car seems to move like something is dragging behind it.
anyway, this carries on for around 5 meters, then the cars startes to run faster n faster till the point just a little steering will make the car understeer, making it out of control.
if i stop the car, n let it idel for a few sec, the punch comes back again.
is something wrong with my 2nd gear shoe?
the inconsistant of this thing is making driving damn dangerous, no un at all.
Old 06-02-2002, 10:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Default perhaps... i can help

yio rx7... out of curiousity + in my humble opinion...here are my few suggestions...hope it'll be helpful to you.
well as for ya 2nd gear engaging problem, i think u got it a lil' wrong coz tightening the screws will DELAY the engagement vice versa if you losen it, the engagement is faster.
as 4 ur "dragging" problem rite, try to lean your high end a little bit.... your two speed should be tune AFTER your engine tuning is settle...never tune your two speed b4 ur engine tuning is still not ok~~~
anyway is just a point of my view, bhleric, please correct me if i am wrong...hehe...rx7 just out of my "keponess"...hope u dun mind :-D
Old 06-03-2002, 12:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

rx7, is your car R or RR. what type of clutch you are using.
for 2 speed shifting point, (assuming the engine tuning is ok) should be somewhere when the engine hitting peak. try to avoid to shift too early neither too late. both extreme may not give you fast drive.

it sound like your clutch when you talk about the punch. but than it sounds strange when .........
Old 06-03-2002, 03:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default v1r

eKuD: hey, of course i dun mind. any suggestion or comment good or bad i dun mind 1. cos i will know my mistake if i make 1.
as long as u dun scold mi stupid can liao

ok. as for the tunning of the engine, it sounds powerful whenever i throttle, n there's always a good amount of smoke coming out.
but it gets over heat easily. there is some smoke coming out of the heat sink sometimes. n jus to mention that there is always some fuel spitting out from the exhaust. so i hope this means that my engine is not too lean.

for my clutch, it the normal 2 shoe clutch original from the v1r.

now a new thing happen. this time wat happen is the initial is the same except that after the turn, no transmission of power is done. i can throttle my engine as much as i can but the wheels r not moving. after this point my engine dies.
Old 06-03-2002, 06:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Default wah....on leh

rx7...wow smoke from head sink ??? sounds power le....
anyway i suggest you to retune your engine again...coz ur prob sounds a lil' abnormal (or maybe my experience is limited ) .... anyway, no harm trying, have a double check on your clutch, i did fix my clutch wrongly on my babe v one r and that causes me knoty problems...(different from your's)
engine wise, as i said, try to retune, else..last alternative, take MRT to marina bay, take bus 400 and stop at super bowl....let people tune lah, 30 dollars only wat.... kidding only....
smoke is a guide line which can indicate engine is not too lean but NO guarantee is fine tune !!! in fact fine tune is hard to achieve... ( for me lah )
but ironically your engine over heat easily meanwhile there's a good amount of smoke coming out....sounds really puzzle....
now let's come to a point.... an old phrase... IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.... i still THINK + BELIEVE + SUSPECT (hehehe) tt ur engine MIGHT be on the shade of the RICH side....tt is my point of view only lah...clutch needs to be double checked...and hope your car will be a speeding freak !!!
all the best....
p/s : mind telling wat engine u using ???
Old 06-03-2002, 08:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default v1r

oh, i using 12 cvr.
yah, maybe i try ot go down to ms one of these days to ask one of those experts to help me with these prob.
thx.
Old 06-04-2002, 01:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

rx7,
sound very interesting about your situation. where you stay? os engine leh!...

ekud is right. the smoke tail is just a guide.......
Old 06-04-2002, 10:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow cool..... new smilies.

rx-7: smoke coming out from your heatsink is not normal, did you disassemble your engine?
Old 06-04-2002, 10:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default v1r

hi, i did took out my heat sink quite sometimes ago.
then i tighten back using the crossing method.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.