Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Need Info: Team Luna Motors >

Need Info: Team Luna Motors

Need Info: Team Luna Motors

Old 04-03-2002, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Default Need Info: Team Luna Motors

Hi,
Looking for info on Team Luna Motors, I'd like to know if their motors are available in Singapore?

Also, what kind of motor cans are they employing? Epic? Top? Thanks for any advice.

Regards,
Alvin
Old 04-03-2002, 05:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think they are Yokomo motor. Sort of Reedy TI based.

Let me know if you can get hold of it here.
Old 04-03-2002, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Beng hui: No problem.

BTW, any idea what's the price for a new Trinity SpeedGem 14x2? I just blew both my 14x2s - endbell melted on one, magnets dropped off my GT1 - bloody annoying newbie problems. I'm sourcing for used mod cans, wonder where I can get... the armatures from my 14x2s seem ok. Blown 7 motors in 10 months

Else, i'd just save and buy a new motor, Luna is my top choice, Reedy is another: Surikarn Chaidajsuriya uses 'em both

Another option is to get an Orbital Pro BB from Zoom - they've got the 14 turn Orbital Pro BBs in stock, and the motor cans are supposedly the same used in their hand wound orion motors.

Oh well back to my 27 stocker...
Old 04-03-2002, 06:34 AM
Tech Addict

Winnie's shop got a couple of Yokomo S-Pro, which seems to be the same can as Reedy TI. But the one that she got is very hot 9 turns.

Kasey also seem to have some nice Yokomo 15 turns motor.

Another choice could be the Kawada modified motor.

I just worn out a 13turn Fantom armature. Hoping to find some armature rather than can.
Old 04-03-2002, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

haha 9 turn? Crazy motor! My 14x2 satifies all my needs for speed :P

Oh yeah I forgot 2 other motors I'd like to own - Tamiya's Dyna Run Super Touring (13x2) and Tamiya's Super Modified 11T. But they're fairly expensive... and probably too fast to handle... maybe later when I can handle such a hot wind.

But beng hui, it seems that the price difference between a new armature vs a whole new motor ain't that big, why not stick a trued 27T armature into the mod can? Add silver brushes, advance timing to 20 odd plus plus degrees, you got a rocket on your hands

Ok, so it won't be spectacular @ hobby bug but it's cheap
Old 04-03-2002, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Alvin
haha 9 turn? Crazy motor! My 14x2 satifies all my needs for speed :P

Oh yeah I forgot 2 other motors I'd like to own - Tamiya's Dyna Run Super Touring (13x2) and Tamiya's Super Modified 11T. But they're fairly expensive... and probably too fast to handle... maybe later when I can handle such a hot wind.

But beng hui, it seems that the price difference between a new armature vs a whole new motor ain't that big, why not stick a trued 27T armature into the mod can? Add silver brushes, advance timing to 20 odd plus plus degrees, you got a rocket on your hands
I thought that 9 turn is way too fast too. Just hope that they will bring in higher winds.

What is the price for those 2 tamiya motor ? I saw Dyna Run armature for sale in Taiseng for $40.

Oh yeah. I think rotor still have some 23T kawada armature. That's exactly what I did. I put a 23T into a Yokomo mod can. Works pretty good, decent speed, lots of run time.

Anyhow, why not I just sell you my Fantom TI can that I just worn out the 13T armature. It didn't look new, but it works. I bought 2 Fantom TI (12T & 13T) during my last trip to US. Now, I still got a 12T Fantom TI
Old 04-03-2002, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

alvin: NOT AGAIN???!!!..