Need Help For Cyclone S... >

Need Help For Cyclone S...

Need Help For Cyclone S...

Old 07-07-2010, 06:01 AM
Tech Addict

Default Need Help For Cyclone S...

Hi Guy...
Need Help
(Any 1 Know Any Lipo More Then 4000mah And Can Put On Cyclone S??? .
Because From What I Tried A Lot Of Lipo Like Turnigy lipos 5000mah Cannot Put In... I Now Seaching, What Lipo Around 4600 - 5400mah Can Fit Cyclone S... Any 1 Know Any Brand Of Lipo That Can Put In Cyclone S???)
Thank Guys.

Must Be 7.4V 2S
Old 07-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You can file the top chassis a little to accommodate bigger lipo. I used tera hobby 5000mah.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by somethree
You can file the top chassis a little to accommodate bigger lipo. I used tera hobby 5000mah.

Thank Somethree ...
Maybe I Could Try That...
But Any Better Option???
Anyway Thank For Ur Answer :P
Old 07-07-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Maybe can try to not use the battery strap and velcro a larger battery in place??
Old 07-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HarryLeeWD
Maybe can try to not use the battery strap and velcro a larger battery in place??

What U Mean By Battery Strap And Velcro A Larger Battery... Sorry Don't Understand What U Mean...
Old 07-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry if i wasn't clear hehe. I meant you should remove the long piece of plastic that holds your battery down, and use a velcro strap instead. I'll attach pic of my cyclone asap.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

Sorry if i wasn't clear hehe. I meant you should remove the long piece of plastic that holds your battery down, and use a velcro strap instead. I'll attach pic of my cyclone asap.

THANK HARRY
With Ur Pic Of Ur Cyclone It Really Help A Lot THANK YOU !
Old 07-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Here u go

this is just an idea of what i mean

hope it helps!

photo 1 ; shows velcro attached through the opening in the chassis and slotted through a slot in the chassis.

photo 2 ; use two velcro straps to hold the battery down

photo 3 ; if you're using stick packs or flat bottomed lipo packs, your battery most probably will slide out eventually so i use a third velcro strap to hold e battery in place. not really necessary, just that i'm really anal about these things. Obsessive compulsive disorder hehehe!

BTW sorry for the crap quality, just quick snaps from my phone. hope you can see.
Attached Thumbnails Need Help For Cyclone S...-dsc00002.jpg   Need Help For Cyclone S...-dsc00003.jpg   Need Help For Cyclone S...-dsc00004.jpg  

Last edited by HarryLeeWD; 07-07-2010 at 07:50 AM. Reason: added btw part
Old 07-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

Oh Harry Urs Is Carbon Mine In Plastic... Normal Cyclone S Plastic
Old 07-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Anyway Harry Thank For Ur Info And Ur Picture ...
Old 07-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

i know i know, just to give example, but you can use a sharp hobby knife and cut a small slot in the cyclone s's plastic. I've seen it done before, albeit my friend did heat up the blade abit (recommended.)

also can try unscrewing the battery posts (the metal posts where you put your body clip in to secure the battery strap) a few turns to give abit more space for a larger lipo, height wise.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Addict

i know i know, just to give example, but you can use a sharp hobby knife and cut a small slot in the cyclone s's plastic. I've seen it done before, albeit my friend did heat up the blade abit (recommended.)

also can try unscrewing the battery posts (the metal posts where you put your body clip in to secure the battery strap) a few turns to give abit more space for a larger lipo, height wise.

Ha Thank... But Mine Is My Upper Deck Block... For The Lipo Height... Ha Maybe Time To Upgrade Chassis ... Cyclone S I Think Mostly For Normal Lipo Not High Mah
Old 07-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

Oh chey, should have been more specific.
Off the top of my head, there should be two ways to rectify this problem.

1st, modify your middle block R a little bit with a file. This isn't as daunting and hard as it sounds lol bro, just need a $8 file set from home|fix or, any neighbourhood hardware shop for that matter.

2nd, splurge on this lipo conversion kit from hotbodies. Thing is, it costs almost 3 figures (as far as i know) so i'd rather go w/ the former. Link to conver. kit

Pics ; see the part of the middle block where it's silver color among the blue anodizing? I've filed off a few mm off and now it can fit almost every lipo pack i have access to. Largest i've tried is with a trakpower 5000mah gold bar lipo, which is massive.
Attached Thumbnails Need Help For Cyclone S...-dsc00005.jpg   Need Help For Cyclone S...-dsc00006.jpg   Need Help For Cyclone S...-dsc00007.jpg   Need Help For Cyclone S...-67695_002.jpg  
Old 07-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Oh chey, should have been more specific.
Off the top of my head, there should be two ways to rectify this problem.

1st, modify your middle block R a little bit with a file. This isn't as daunting and hard as it sounds lol bro, just need a $8 file set from home|fix or, any neighbourhood hardware shop for that matter.

2nd, splurge on this lipo conversion kit from hotbodies. Thing is, it costs almost 3 figures (as far as i know) so i'd rather go w/ the former. Link to conver. kit

Pics ; see the part of the middle block where it's silver color among the blue anodizing? I've filed off a few mm off and now it can fit almost every lipo pack i have access to. Largest i've tried is with a trakpower 5000mah gold bar lipo, which is massive.

Woah Woah Bro Thank Alot For Ur Info... But The Lipo Conversion Kit From Hotbodies Is Not Out Yet... From What I Know... They Will Soon Be Available Ha But Not Out Yet...
Old 07-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

actually it's been out for almost a year already... saw it at taising, on people's car, my friend owns one. but i'd rather you do the filing, it's much more easier, and everybody does it lol.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.