Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Tai Sing not distributing Tamiya any more? >

Tai Sing not distributing Tamiya any more?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tai Sing not distributing Tamiya any more?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

If a company bring in rice and distribute to shops.
If they distribute them at $5 for 5kg pack and ask the shops to sell at $7.
But this distributor are selling $6 or less to anyone who walk into their shop or office.

DO you think anyone would still go other shops to buy thet rice?

Another example.
If you ride bike you will have heard of Mah Motors and cycle link.
And you will say their bikes are expensive.
But do you know most of honda bikes in Singapore are imported by them and they distribute to smaller bike shop.

If they sell cheap, would any one still go other shops to buy?
Old 06-11-2004, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Nipple
But this distributor are selling $6 or less to anyone who walk into their shop or office.

Another example.
But do you know most of honda bikes in Singapore are imported by them and they distribute to smaller bike shop.

eh Honda bikes not imported by Mah Motors and Cycle Link..
they are parallel-lers!!.....
Unfortunately i forget the name of the distributor....

Old 06-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default TAMIYA OFF SHELF

I've discovered that all Tamiya product had been remove from display/shelves. Discovered at Metro, kiddy palace and some other places. Very interesting !!!????
Old 06-11-2004, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Vinyard

Boon Siew perhaps?

Cheers
Old 06-12-2004, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Vinyard

True they are parallel import, but they sell more bikes then the "Distruibutor".

Why I know?
Cos Kelvin Mah is my classmate.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

I guess many ppl dun understand the distribution business well enough. So do forgive them as they only want to get the stuff at the cheapest price.

The question on my mind now is... If this new "tamiya shop" opens up, is it going to be a retail shop or retail+distribution? I forsee price will be the same.

And one more thing... Where can i get some tamiya parts as i urgently need it for the next race. I went down to taising, seems like many stuff have been removed
Old 06-14-2004, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Have you check with Winnie?
Old 06-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Have you check with Winnie?
Yes, went to her shop last saturday. There is very little tamiya stuff. Actually i looking for TRF dampers and TB evo III carbon shock towers for my TB02....
Old 06-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

True they are parallel import, but they sell more bikes then the "Distruibutor".

Why I know?
NO KIDDING!!!

but they sometimes cut throat leh.. hehe
Old 06-14-2004, 11:48 PM
Tech Regular

Why I know?
so is yr classmate working for mah motor ?? if he is... tell him his employee very .............................

maybe thats the reason for low sales....

Last time, the civic service sector gave the worst customer service.......... but now seems like the private sector is even thou of the bad econ today....
Old 06-15-2004, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Ronnie
so is yr classmate working for mah motor ?? if he is... tell him his employee very .............................

maybe thats the reason for low sales....

Last time, the civic service sector gave the worst customer service.......... but now seems like the private sector is even thou of the bad econ today....
Haha......I think you do not know this but......
Mah Motor's mechanics mainly serve their Racing Team.

My classmate is not working for them, he is David Mah's (Mah motors boss) eldest son.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Okok we are getting out of point.......let stop talking about Mah Motors......
Old 06-15-2004, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

boh pian leh.. not much to tok about tai sing now.... kekekekekekeke....
Old 06-15-2004, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Another example.

NO OFFENCE HERE

My humble opinon:

Your above is Not entirely true...It all depends on who you are and whom you bought from. Tom Dick and Harry dun enjoy much discount, if any. Buying from Tony / Andrew / Julia also yeild different discount rates depending on how friend friend you are with them!

"DO you think anyone would still go other shops to buy thet rice?"

YES!
Because different shop also have different discount / retailer rates from TS. Some even got the Tamiya stuff at consignment!!!! And another YES is because there are parallel importer (like bikes / cars). Auntie Winnie is one of them and who can blame her/them, they can get older or newer stuff faster than TaiSing. Good price too! Remember 415TRF, TLTs?

So it is naturally TS will discount to draw back local buyer from parallel importer. In fact IMHO they are doing it rather OK / low key, they can easily leylong and kill off all parallel importer (and such incident did happen last year to model kits between a parallel importer and a TS supporter. TS support their kaki with huge discounts and resulting in kits selling at $9.90! where they usually go for $25-32)

Also anyone wanting to blame TS for giving discount, wake up, like you I am also a consumer (unless the person writing is a retailer) where got cheap go where. Money hard to earn, I dun earn five figures! THINK: If the new Tamiya distributer play by the book and offer no discount to walk in customer, who can u turn to for getting cheaper stuff? Parallel importer right?. Parallel importer also not stupid, why reduce price (more discount) since you cannot get cheaper?!? SILLYPORE's market small la, all competing for that small piece of pie.

Market is all about demand and supply. Dun talk about business moral, if there is one TS would/should not have sold to walk-in customer and Hong Kong and Japan distributer would / should not have sell to local parallel importer (Which btw, rumours has it, Tamiya Japan might interven in such cases)

Remember, these price wars benefit us consumers! Would you pay $200 for a car when you can gt it for $150?!?! The saving can bring your wife / gf for dinner to make up for the neglect while you were having fun RCings.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sstee88
NO OFFENCE HERE

My humble opinon:

Your above is Not entirely true...It all depends on who you are and whom you bought from. Tom Dick and Harry dun enjoy much discount, if any. Buying from Tony / Andrew / Julia also yeild different discount rates depending on how friend friend you are with them!

"DO you think anyone would still go other shops to buy thet rice?"

YES!
Because different shop also have different discount / retailer rates from TS. Some even got the Tamiya stuff at consignment!!!! And another YES is because there are parallel importer (like bikes / cars). Auntie Winnie is one of them and who can blame her/them, they can get older or newer stuff faster than TaiSing. Good price too! Remember 415TRF, TLTs?

So it is naturally TS will discount to draw back local buyer from parallel importer. In fact IMHO they are doing it rather OK / low key, they can easily leylong and kill off all parallel importer (and such incident did happen last year to model kits between a parallel importer and a TS supporter. TS support their kaki with huge discounts and resulting in kits selling at $9.90! where they usually go for $25-32)

Also anyone wanting to blame TS for giving discount, wake up, like you I am also a consumer (unless the person writing is a retailer) where got cheap go where. Money hard to earn, I dun earn five figures! THINK: If the new Tamiya distributer play by the book and offer no discount to walk in customer, who can u turn to for getting cheaper stuff? Parallel importer right?. Parallel importer also not stupid, why reduce price (more discount) since you cannot get cheaper?!? SILLYPORE's market small la, all competing for that small piece of pie.

Market is all about demand and supply. Dun talk about business moral, if there is one TS would/should not have sold to walk-in customer and Hong Kong and Japan distributer would / should not have sell to local parallel importer (Which btw, rumours has it, Tamiya Japan might interven in such cases)

Remember, these price wars benefit us consumers! Would you pay $200 for a car when you can gt it for $150?!?! The saving can bring your wife / gf for dinner to make up for the neglect while you were having fun RCings.
Well, that's true, Tai Sing does give a rather good discount to regular "Good" customers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.