Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
BRAND NEW OS Max 12 TR for sale >

BRAND NEW OS Max 12 TR for sale

BRAND NEW OS Max 12 TR for sale

Old 03-24-2002, 06:36 PM
  #16  
AO
Tech Addict
 
AO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: TEAM ATLAS
Posts: 693
Default

Of course noboby will not stop you from eating your rice. But let me put it this way. How cheap you sell, most of us will not buy it from you. WHY? we like to sit in a hobby shop and talk cock and spend money there. If we buy from you, we are just doing you a favour. Hope you understand.
AO is offline  
Old 03-26-2002, 04:55 AM
  #17  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Holland Village
Posts: 699
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

hullo, i think if u want to sell, have to sell at lower price lor. i got a brand new unused os engine also, but i'm fine with $30 or even more off the retail price. the thing is that the shop is always there, people like winnie won't cheat buyers, but sellers without a shop or reputation have to sell for less because can't exchange a new engine for them if it doesn't work and buyers just have to take the seller's words. though all the people i've bought stuff from have been honest, some even going to the trouble of replacing spoilt parts for me at their own cost, there is still a risk to run. so to offset the risk your potential buyers are facing, have to sell lower lor. $2 or 3 off the shop prices simply doesn't make sense, considering the risk. if an engine cost $200 and u sell at $198, a buyer would have to buy 100 of those engines to offset the cost of 1, as compared to buying at winnie's. the risk of anything spoiling or being cheated at winnie's is close to zero(i've been getting stuff from her since 1986 when she was at orchard pt), but out of 100 sellers outside, there probably will be more than likely that 1 or more bad nuts will cheat the buyer.
huasze is offline  
Old 03-26-2002, 06:20 AM
  #18  
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Default

Originally posted by BanzaiGTti


....In the same vein, I think Parallel Importers of 1/1 scale cars are doing consumers in Singapore a great service.

Same train of thought, just different scale.
Try reading the recent article in the papers with regards to the parallel importers of cars, and try again to calculate how much more they are ripping off you!!
Mauler is offline  
Old 03-26-2002, 06:04 PM
  #19  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 15
Default

OMG!

I just realised I've been talking to kids.

Grow up, little boy!

If you really think that the official dealers are not ripping you off by charging you 20% above Parallel Importers' prices and justifying it by saying that they provide 2 years warranty - then please, do the public a favour and do NOT hang out at your local heartlander kopitiam and perpetuate your ignorance to your friends - cos by the end of it, your friends will end up dumber thanks to you.
BanzaiGTti is offline  
Old 03-26-2002, 08:04 PM
  #20  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Orchard
Posts: 7
Default

Don't take the prices you see from parallel importers at face value. Parallel imported cars do not have the exact same specs as those from agents. My friend who was looking to buy the Lexus ES300 (aka Toyota Windom) found that the Windom has 2 air-bags less! Parallel importers need to slash prices to get attention. With a lower margin, they can't set up a workshop or showroom as large as an agent's!

Buying from a shop or a "parallel importer" for rc stuff is entirely up to the buyer......so i think you should spare us the personal attacks. Let's face it, all of us into this hobby are still kids at heart! And I am certainly proud of it. In the meantime, for a couple of dollars difference...I'll stick with the hobby shops
Bernard is offline  
Old 03-26-2002, 10:16 PM
  #21  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3
Default

Bernard wrote: With a lower margin, they can't set up a workshop or showroom as large as an agent's!

There are plenty of small workshops which will give you better and cheaper service than if you went to the agent. Also, many good mechanics get fed up working for a big company and decide to set up shop for themselves. So the agents actually lose their experienced mechanics and are left with new mechanics who may not be trained well.

Therefore, it does not make sense to buy from an Agent because you may not have the option to customise the car (parallel importers can), and you don't get superior service. AND you pay more.
white is offline  
Old 03-26-2002, 10:32 PM
  #22  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Orchard
Posts: 7
Default

Like I said...it is entirely up to the buyer...the $$$ is yours, you make up your mind...there is no right or wrong...that's why both agents and parallel importers are still in business (and that applies to any kind of product).
Bernard is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 01:26 AM
  #23  
AO
Tech Addict
 
AO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: TEAM ATLAS
Posts: 693
Default

If we all grow up,,,, then we will not be playing R/C.... he he he
AO is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 02:10 AM
  #24  
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Default

Originally posted by BanzaiGTti
OMG!

I just realised I've been talking to kids.

Grow up, little boy!

If you really think that the official dealers are not ripping you off by charging you 20% above Parallel Importers' prices and justifying it by saying that they provide 2 years warranty - then please, do the public a favour and do NOT hang out at your local heartlander kopitiam and perpetuate your ignorance to your friends - cos by the end of it, your friends will end up dumber thanks to you.
Hey big boy! Cool it! If you think that you are having your money well spent on parallel imports and if it makes you happy, go ahead... But one thing I would like to point out, cheap doesn't necessarily equate to quality... it's not only the products, or cars in this context, we are talking about... most of the time, it's about the after sales service too... Talk to the parellel importers about after sales services and listen to what they'll tell you...
Mauler is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 02:12 AM
  #25  
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Default

Originally posted by Mauler

Hey big boy! Cool it! If you think that you are having your money well spent on parallel imports and if it makes you happy, go ahead... But one thing I would like to point out, cheap doesn't necessarily equate to quality... it's not only the products, or cars in this context, we are talking about... most of the time, it's about the after sales service too... Talk to the parellel importers about after sales services and listen to what they'll tell you...
Ooops.... forgot to sign off....

Regards,
Little boy.....

Mauler is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 02:30 AM
  #26  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Holland Village
Posts: 699
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

for $50 i'd definitely take a chance with the parrallel importer. for $20, i'd consider.
but for $2 or $3?
obviously definitely not!
huasze is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 07:09 PM
  #27  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3
Default

Hey big boy! Cool it! If you think that you are having your money well spent on parallel imports and if it makes you happy, go ahead... But one thing I would like to point out, cheap doesn't necessarily equate to quality... it's not only the products, or cars in this context, we are talking about... most of the time, it's about the after sales service too... Talk to the parellel importers about after sales services and listen to what they'll tell you...
Just because you buy from a parallel importer doesn't mean you have to use him as your regular mechanic. In fact, buying a car and servicing it are two separate things. The money you save when buying from a parallel importer is significant.
After sales service at Agents is not good! My personal experience with C&C will attest to this. They are expensive, keep you waiting and you don't even get to speak to the mechanic so you don't know what was wrong with the car. You only speak to a customer service person, who knows nothing about cars and whos only purpose is to take your keys and note down the problem. Whereas if you go to your own mechanic, he'll tell you exactly what was wrong with the car and you usually get it back quicker because they have more urgency to get the cars done. Because the number of cars they fix directly affects how much money they earn. Not like at an agent, where the mechanics get a fixed salary.
My average waiting time to get my car back when servicing at the Agent was 2 days, my average time for my mechanic is 1 day. Add in the cost of owning the car per day and my mechanic actually saves me more money than just the cheaper labour and parts.
white is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 07:28 PM
  #28  
AO
Tech Addict
 
AO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: TEAM ATLAS
Posts: 693
Default

Originally posted by white


Just because you buy from a parallel importer doesn't mean you have to use him as your regular mechanic. In fact, buying a car and servicing it are two separate things. The money you save when buying from a parallel importer is significant.
After sales service at Agents is not good! My personal experience with C&C will attest to this. They are expensive, keep you waiting and you don't even get to speak to the mechanic so you don't know what was wrong with the car. You only speak to a customer service person, who knows nothing about cars and whos only purpose is to take your keys and note down the problem. Whereas if you go to your own mechanic, he'll tell you exactly what was wrong with the car and you usually get it back quicker because they have more urgency to get the cars done. Because the number of cars they fix directly affects how much money they earn. Not like at an agent, where the mechanics get a fixed salary.
My average waiting time to get my car back when servicing at the Agent was 2 days, my average time for my mechanic is 1 day. Add in the cost of owning the car per day and my mechanic actually saves me more money than just the cheaper labour and parts.

That is not true....

I have my car servicing in C&C, it is value for money...

1) The mechanic from outside are not skilled.. How are they being trained???????
2) You see them touching your car, using the wrong tools and not following the correct procedures.
3) But you do afford or look after your car it is ok to go outside.

No heart feelings i hop,
AO is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 10:11 PM
  #29  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3
Default

1) When you go to C&C to service your car, you will probably not get the senior mechanic working on it. You will have the junior guy who may still be undergoing training. That's why it's so slow. The GOOD mechanics have left the company and set up their own shop. That's how outside mechanics get trained!!! They were trained by the agents in the first place.

2) At least when you go to your own mechanic, you can see what he's doing. If he's bad, just find another one. At the agent, everything is hidden behind walls, all you see is the nice clean waiting room with the newspaper and TV to watch. They may be doing all kinds of wrong things to your car without you knowing it. Especially if you have a trainee working on your car.

3) Can't answer...don't understand what you're trying to say.
white is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 10:45 PM
  #30  
AO
Tech Addict
 
AO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: TEAM ATLAS
Posts: 693
Default

Originally posted by white
1) When you go to C&C to service your car, you will probably not get the senior mechanic working on it. You will have the junior guy who may still be undergoing training. That's why it's so slow. The GOOD mechanics have left the company and set up their own shop. That's how outside mechanics get trained!!! They were trained by the agents in the first place.

2) At least when you go to your own mechanic, you can see what he's doing. If he's bad, just find another one. At the agent, everything is hidden behind walls, all you see is the nice clean waiting room with the newspaper and TV to watch. They may be doing all kinds of wrong things to your car without you knowing it. Especially if you have a trainee working on your car.

3) Can't answer...don't understand what you're trying to say.
1) To what i know, till date only junior mechanics has left C&C that is why many cars that are being service by outside still comes back to C&C..
Let me put it this way, every car has a computer box (Brain). Every once a while it will go wrong.
Who has the computer to reset all these.. YOu think those workshop have all these tech....................

2) Have feel the defferent of the performer of the car when servied by C&C and the workshop outside....

The lasting of the service before next....

When i service my car C&C, i will need to service it about 3 to 4 months later.

But when i service my car at outside, i will need to sent it back about 2 to 2 1/2 months.

3) Anyway, you think servicing your car outside than be carry on noboby is stopping you..... BUT ALL THE BEST
AO is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.