newbie - needs advice

Old 03-20-2002, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by lonestar1127
Rose money where u can get ex1 plus reciever for $300
Winnie's place at Orchard Plaza. Price @$330.
Old 03-20-2002, 06:04 PM
AO
Tech Addict

That does come with servor. Right?
Old 03-21-2002, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry, no servo. In order not to regret at the end, I advised u to get the high speed servo if u are going to play electric which cost @$140.
Old 03-21-2002, 06:17 PM
AO
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Rose Money
Sorry, no servo. In order not to regret at the end, I advised u to get the high speed servo if u are going to play electric which cost @$140.
I c I c......

So what r/c electric is the best now.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

That I can't really say. For me all car are the same. The important thing is that u have to master the car. Set the car until it suit ur own feel. Remember that u are the one who control the car. Not the car that control u. About the speed is depend on ur batt, motor, gear ratio and controller setting. Right now TAO4R are much more popular. But I still prefer my TB Evo(good acceleration) and my 2nd hand HPI pro3(smooth in cornering).
Old 03-22-2002, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

did someone mentioned pro3...hehe...gd car but the local lhs sucks big time...and who says pro3 is fragile...did not break anything on my pro3 (still wif 1st version arms) so far (touch wood) but broke something on (steering ??) my ta04r...hmm guess i was pushing the car too much...right alvin

very true abt tat all cars are the same...only thing different is the setup...some requires a lot while others minimal...oops forgot some cost more than the others

rose: we shall hav our re-re-match...yesterday not very gd...so much interference...btw will b using back my u noe wat...04r keep for the tamiya series

Last edited by ozone; 03-22-2002 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03-22-2002, 06:17 PM
AO
Tech Addict

That I can't really say. For me all car are the same. The important thing is that u have to master the car. Set the car until it suit ur own feel. Remember that u are the one who control the car. Not the car that control u. About the speed is depend on ur batt, motor, gear ratio and controller setting. Right now TAO4R are much more popular. But I still prefer my TB Evo(good acceleration) and my 2nd hand HPI pro3(smooth in cornering).
You got to be joking that pro3 is smooth in cornering. I think pro 3 is the worst that has even being build. Check the number of driver using por3. The best would only be NICK. But he like the driver but not the car.
Old 03-22-2002, 06:19 PM
AO
Tech Addict

Originally posted by ozone
did someone mentioned pro3...hehe...gd car but the local lhs sucks big time...and who says pro3 is fragile...did not break anything on my pro3 (still wif 1st version arms) so far (touch wood) but broke something on (steering ??) my ta04r...hmm guess i was pushing the car too much...right alvin

very true abt tat all cars are the same...only thing different is the setup...some requires a lot while others minimal...oops forgot some cost more than the others

rose: we shall hav our re-re-match...yesterday not very gd...so much interference...btw will b using back my u noe wat...04r keep for the tamiya series

Yes, i mentioned it many things. I think with hyper 10 i can still win pro3.......

Sorry to take it heart, just anti HPI .

Last edited by AO; 03-22-2002 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-22-2002, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

no hard feelings...everyone has their opinions...
btw anti hpi or anti the lhs tat carry hpi
Old 03-22-2002, 07:35 PM
AO
Tech Addict

Ozone you all right man...

But just for your infro, i have all the HPI cars except procced.

Old 03-23-2002, 01:01 AM
Tech Adept

Yes, I used to anti-HPI too since 7 yrs back. But after I'd tried Ozone car last 3weeks, I found that the car is good to play with and it's quite tough. After few days later I bought the car not one but two and I'm very happy with it.
About your Hyper 10, u must be joking. Unless u r racing with beginners.

Ozone: About the glitching, I still wondering why so sudden both of us had the same problem. My spur gear stripped, dog-bone always came-out after being knocked hard by the beginner(I think so) car. Yesterday is really not our day. We will try again next 2weeks.

Last edited by Rose Money; 03-23-2002 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-23-2002, 03:54 AM
Tech Master

rose: try to adjust the ride height to make the dogbones parallel to the arms and oso reduce ur steering travel...gd luck and c u in two weeks
Old 03-23-2002, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

Ozone: I dunno why last night you and ros so problematic... Not your night I guess.. I'm sure when I got my 04r i had much worst crashes, like suspension arms breaking and hinge pins bending, shock parts breaking etc but the steering linkage didn't have much problems. I only got my alum steering eh.... i think about december?

Ros: Uh, hope I wasn't the guy who whack you ah... me still blur.

HPI Pro 3, car with a bloody bad reputation. Ozone, ros, run the cars the next rcmc race and do it proud!

BTW guys, the person who qualified B3 in the last RCMC race was our dear Ozone here, and guess what?! He was using Top 3k unmatched cells with a 23T Kawada motor! I hate this guy on my tail even when I'm running mod @ yuan ching His high wind motors is more than a match for my 14x2
Old 03-23-2002, 05:38 AM
AO
Tech Addict

Yes, I used to anti-HPI too since 7 yrs back. But after I'd tried Ozone car last 3weeks, I found that the car is good to play with and it's quite tough. After few days later I bought the car not one but two and I'm very happy with it.
About your Hyper 10, u must be joking. Unless u r racing with beginners.

Ozone: About the glitching, I still wondering why so sudden both of us had the same problem. My spur gear stripped, dog-bone always came-out after being knocked hard by the beginner(I think so) car. Yesterday is really not our day. We will try again next 2weeks.

I seeeeeeeeeem i thought you are
Old 03-23-2002, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

gosh...

alvin: u've let the cat out of the bag...
i tink the steering linkage crack during the first run when i had problem wif the receiver...glitching and interference...
its true though last nite...so problematic...can't even run my f1

btw ros was not hack by u but by some other joker who didn't even said sorry...he was so damn pissed off...

does not matter wat car u drive...be it the high end Xray, 414M, schumacher, losi or the low end budget cars like tl01, hyper10 or even pro 3...at the end of the day we r here to hav fun...and juz as long the thing moves KEEP IT ROLLING!!

Last edited by ozone; 03-23-2002 at 09:26 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.