Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
value for money tiny esc for both 1/10 and micros >

value for money tiny esc for both 1/10 and micros

value for money tiny esc for both 1/10 and micros

Old 04-17-2002, 09:48 PM
Ace
Tech Initiate

Fuse, u referring to the one at radmicrosports? I was told will be retailing ard S$25~S$28
Old 04-17-2002, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

ya i think thats the correct selling price.

i have been informed from radmicrosports that hobbyzone is currently toking to the company about this.
Old 04-18-2002, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Default Alright!

Eh, guess we still needa bring in extra HPI spare parts.. besides getting in optional parts boy... Guesss that Z**M not doing a good job.. Whahahaha..
Old 04-18-2002, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

well zxxm is actually ok la. beside they are the only shop that organise micro races. unless some shop is willing to organise one.
i would give thumbs up for the effort . I believe only in race event will we excel in driving the micros and also further upgrade the toy car to some serious micro pro cars.

I feel that HPI micros are one of the best size car to have fun with, with tons of hop-ups , easy maintances and also limited motor ( only 2 best so far namely orion mod and speed 300) so its going to be the skill and the setup of the car in such small scale races.

i have been to hobby zone for only once and i feel that they have a market for play toys and not really into racing the micros. But dont quote me... i believe after the demo of my car the other day, manay will now seek for speed and maybe in coming months , i hope hobby zone will run his own races , in a better track some where.

Now back to the topic, fishcake, when are you going down to H-zone...i would realy like to see the speed of the orion mod in action.

fuse... a beginer in Rc cars.
Old 04-18-2002, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Default Wha Seh!!!

Hi fuse... Looks like I am really gonna be the real beginner man.. Hahahaha... Erm, do you know that there's actually one more person using the Orion motor? The LAO BAN in Hobby Zone uses the Orion motor with 14t.. He's running great alright.. Ya may want to see him play his car. In regards of the parts stocked up in H-Zone.. It's all because guys in H-zone were unable to bring in anymore Spare parts and Optional Parts. It has been brought to my attention that they had already backordered the parts needed for more than 3 months.. and there is still no reply.. So we can't actually blame them right?

And there is actually a better track around there man! It so happened that the weather was bad and that the guys in H-zone were celebrating an occasion, therefore you missed the chance to see some moderately fast cars in action... Thus, the best they could only do was to put some discs onto the floor for temporily use.

I am still on the look out and seeking answers to my enquiries as I am still a beginner in all these hobby cars.. So, I am not too sure on when I can actually finish rebuilding But I would kindly like to know when and where is the next race held by Zoom RCM. Though I may not be good at controlling the cars, there is still room for improvements as ya said.. That's why I wish to compete in the races, even if I go home empty handed.

fIShCake
Complete Sotong in RC Cars
P/s: Zoom is the only HPI distributer for Singapore. It is understood that they hold races to promote the HPI micro.
Old 04-18-2002, 09:07 AM
Ace
Tech Initiate

Hi fuse, I think your perception for Hobby Zone is incorrect. They are a serious bunch of ppl trying to promote MicroRS4 into a competitive sports, of course bearing in mind the cost incur. You should see how they talk and explain things to customer and give advice, they are ppl that are hard to comeby nowadays. U can chat with them even though u r not buying anything and my understanding is that they guys are very strong technically. Happy discussing. Btw, perhaps you may want to approach HZ boss for things u wanted to order from states or else where, he is very appraochable and always a listening ear. If he can bring in in qty, all ppl like me will benefit, hee hee. I fully agree with fishcake!!! Cheers
Old 04-18-2002, 09:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any one interested in brand new M8, i have talked to trading house to offer it at $450 if we can buy a few at one go.
Old 04-18-2002, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

to: ace,

relex pal,

i already say dont quote me liao ma, anyway hobbyzone is a shop which i will visit often ...because zxxm suck !!!

i have been ordering stuff from around the globe for ages so i dont need a third party to bring in stuff for me..

so far i have not interacted with mike, except via emails so i cant really say anything about him. then again i really hope they can wake up the micro scene in sg. it a great car, but it just that zxxm has a bad name and somehow it alos bring down the name of the micros.

H-zone boss will be bring in some special bodies soon.....

Any news if the speed 300 is already in? or the orion mod?

has anybody tested the run time for orion mod using 11T?

zxxm races are 10min heat and 20min final.

i have tried to emailed them but they take 3 weeks to reply me.
so i guess customer services are not good.

by the way you all should run foams wheels.. they are great!!!

fuse: i'm also a newbie
Old 04-19-2002, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Default Well...

WHAHAHA! Yes, Hobby Zone is bringing new body shells from the States, they are those pan covers like Toyota GT1, Lamborghini Diablo so on and so forth.. Hey, Ace who exactly are you, I think I know you man.. The new hop ups are coming soon man! Cheers..

And, Someone from the other thread says that HPI is changing dealership in Singapore.. Let's just hope that it's gonna be a responsible dealer this time round man.. HEHEHE

Well fuse, Ace is not trying to tell you that you are going through a third party by ordering the stocks with Hobby Zone... his trying to tell you that you can save a lot by ordering the stuffs with Hobby Zone.. Imagine how much money you can save on the frieght charges! Now that's what I call, HOBBY!
Old 04-19-2002, 04:12 AM
Tech Master

Default Ohh yah.

Don't you all dare to get the last BMW M3 cover from Hobby Zone! I make sure I'll whack you buttocks! Coz, I want the last ONE!!! Harharhar..
PS: Hey fuse.. If you are a Newbie, what are we?

Learning the A-Zs of Radio Controlled Cars..
Old 05-03-2002, 08:25 AM
Tech Rookie

What is the blk of the shop
Old 05-05-2002, 05:26 PM
HZM
Tech Addict

Its blk 129 bedok north st 2, juz right behind bedok stadium. Or call me at H/P 92718979. The BMW already gone. Now we have GTR, DTM & LAMBO, all for micro. Btw, Hobby Zone is close on every Monday. Cheers