Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie Guide To Tracks

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Newbie Guide To Tracks

erm....just started to play R/Cs like 3 weeks ago when my friend and i each bought a car he got a Tamiya TT-01 and i got a Kyosho Alpha3 EP, after this 2 weeks of racing each other over and over and over again, trying drifting and all...the feeling of "hm........everytime i kick his a** not fun one leh" so after extensive searching on this forum......i can't really seem to find a thread that has the location,entry fees(single or membership),facilities,ep/gp only,etc of the tracks in singapore so i'm just asking can someone list the tracks in singapore and give a rough guide of experiences plz thx
Old 04-03-2004, 02:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Track for Ep only

You can come down to BK's track at Magaret Drive Queenstown club. This track is for EP only, and since both of you guys have got ep cars.
Old 04-03-2004, 02:54 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Newbie Guide To Tracks

Originally posted by SPenguin
erm.... and give a rough guide of experiences plz thx
usually before you turn on your TX or RX (transmitter or receiver in case you dont understand).... you have to ask everybody's fequencies. If there are A LOT FO PEOPLE... then just turn on your RX all tyres NOT ON THE GROUND... and see whether your car moves by itself. if its moving without you doing nothing with your TX then you have glitches with other driver. QUICKLY turn off your RX and sleep for a while until the other person finishes his round. if not just go home and curse the guy who has the same frequency with you.

then if all is OKAY, you can run your car.

BE FRIENDLY and DONT AFRAID to ask for HELP and DONT SHY TO OFFER HELP. We are not MEN EATERS... only ladies eaters.

If you hit somebody, say sorry.

If being hit by somebody... let it go, its RC.

If being HIT and broke SOME PARTS.... go home, cry and curse the guy who hit you and no need to yell at him or try to be funny. CURSING is enough to make him suffer. and dont forget to go to LHS (local hobby store incase you dont understand) and buy the replacements.

what else?

oooh.... ENJOY and ENJOY and ENJOY. and KEEP UGRADING your car along with the UPGRADING of your driving skill.

mop
Old 04-03-2004, 03:14 AM
[R]
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Newbie Guide To Tracks

Old 04-04-2004, 12:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys!!
Old 04-04-2004, 12:46 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Newbie Guide To Tracks

erm....just started to play R/Cs like 3 weeks ago when my friend and i each bought a car he got a Tamiya TT-01 and i got a Kyosho Alpha3 EP, after this 2 weeks of racing each other over and over and over again, trying drifting and all...the feeling of "hm........everytime i kick his a** not fun one leh" so after extensive searching on this forum......i can't really seem to find a thread that has the location,entry fees(single or membership),facilities,ep/gp only,etc of the tracks in singapore so i'm just asking can someone list the tracks in singapore and give a rough guide of experiences plz thx
Check this thread out for directions to this circuit...

Hobby Paradise Racing Circuit

This track is awesome, track locals are very friendly and helpful. Plenty of local gurus on track most days. You want action, visit them friday nite, saturday & sunday anytime and you'll be surprised it's not a race weekend and it's jam packed... that's when you see how good you are compared to the others...

This is their website and they've successfully hosted an excellent race last weekend.

Hobby-Paradise.com
Old 04-04-2004, 01:06 AM
Tech Initiate

why no one say anything about membership or per session fee?? cause i dun wanna drive all the way down there later need to be member 1st then can play...cause i'll be going for my ns in like 20 more days...........and i dun really want to pay for something that i'm not using(whole year membership)
Old 04-04-2004, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

why no one say anything about membership or per session fee?? cause i dun wanna drive all the way down there later need to be member 1st then can play...cause i'll be going for my ns in like 20 more days...........and i dun really want to pay for something that i'm not using(whole year membership)
or you can go back to your car park style track.........
Old 04-04-2004, 11:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by vones
or you can go back to your car park style track.........
wanna try try 1st mah.....or else how to know worth to join not...
Old 04-04-2004, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

dude...

just pay them a visit during the friday nites, saturday or sunday... membership or not will be second nature once u see the action... and of course.. the fine track...
Old 04-04-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well.....actually on weekdays if you hve time...you can drop by the track n speak to the owner abt the terms of membership ask him if you can try out the track first before deciding(evening wuld be the best time).....there's the annual $180 full term membership n the short term annual membership...the difference is that with the full term membership you wuldn't hve to pay everytime you visit the track n you get $5 off the race fees. The short term membership is pay per use of the track facilities of $10 irregardless of duration I think also entitled to discount off race fees. The reason for the membership is because the track is situated within the Karimum Club and it is the clubs' ruling the everyone with is using the track must be a member of the club. And also the track is bulit at the track owners' expense. So paying a small fee is not going to make the owner richer but at least enough of cover his maintenance cost. Sorry for being blunt.