formula-1

Old 04-18-2002, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Madman: u really gonna run ur F201 ...i agree totally wif u tat the F201 is a beauty...but too bad it is 4WD...
Old 04-19-2002, 12:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

hmmmm... if you buy the car and not run it why buy it rite?? anyway i will see how it handles on 4wd 1st... to get it to 2 wd all you need to do is to remove the front diff drive shaft and boggy bones.
Old 04-19-2002, 01:12 AM
Tech Master

true...but some will juz collect it but not run it...btw do post on the f201 performance...got a feeling it would handle pretty much like a 4wd touring...
Old 04-19-2002, 03:50 AM
Ian
Tech Regular

Originally posted by ozone
Ian: Do take a look at tis thread every wed/thurs to check if me or rose money will b playing f1...u say ur car is oversteering...wat tires r u using?

HBR medium front /rear...maybe i should chage softer rears...any ideas, ozone?
Old 04-19-2002, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

HBR medium front /rear...maybe i should chage softer rears...any ideas, ozone? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, front medium and rear soft. That's the one that I used and it works well at Jurong but a bit of understeer when playing at Marina. My friend did use front and rear medium just now at Marina and it's slightly oversteer. Need to slowdown at certain corners.
Anyway, me next Friday confirmed going. Lola or F1 body?
Old 04-19-2002, 11:51 AM
Ian
Tech Regular

rose/ozone--i'll be there too...fri 8p...but no lola body leh...got spare can borrow or not...i promise i will never wreck the body
Old 04-19-2002, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Ian: like wat rose money mentioned...use hbr soft for the rear..it will make a whole lot of difference...if u still hav a slight oversteer, try to reduce ur steering travel...sorry dude, dun have xtra lola shell, mayb u can try and purchase it...highly recommended esp. when there are a lot of gas cars like last nite(19/4)

Rose: Next week lola shell...last nite too many gas car...afraid my rear wing will break if being hit from the rear...will try rubbers first to see how it goes...might try to put in lower turn motor...

Setups i hav tried so far base on my driving(hope others will contribute/comment)...we are here to learn...
Body: F1
Chassis: F103rx
Motor: 23t
Tires(F/R): hbr medium/hbr soft
Others(springs, friction plate): stock
Track: RC Speedway(Taman Jurong)
Comments: Car handles well, stable, slight understeer, able to punch out of corners without spinning

Body: F1
Tires(F/R): hbr soft/hbr soft
Others(springs, friction plate): stock
Comments: Same as above but oversteer

Body: Lola
Tires(F/R): hbr medium/hbr soft
Others(springs, friction plate): stock, added 15g to the front to try to induce more steering(dun tink it was workin...or mayb my steering servor slow and old...10yrs..)
Comments: Notice more understeer using tis shell...will try to adjust the car to hav more steering...ANY IDEAS GUYS???

Wah!! first time i actually post setups and tis long...do contribute and comment
Old 04-19-2002, 09:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Ian
rose/ozone--i'll be there too...fri 8p...but no lola body leh...got spare can borrow or not...i promise i will never wreck the body
Sorry I don't have any spares. U can buy Frewer Lola body at Winnie @ $25. Try to spray it with more white or bright colour as it will be nicer and easy to see when driving.

Ozone: It's mean that due to slight understeer on my car last week is not due to my AM controllerlah. I think we need to change to mini-FET servo. But it's not easy to get. If u know where to get, tell melah.
Old 04-19-2002, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

Rose: will keep a look out for u....i noe ko has it but it ain't cheap...i try to change my setup to counter the understeer will let u noe the result...btw tomolo u goin for the race??
Old 04-20-2002, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Of cos
Old 04-20-2002, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

ah ros cannot chase you tommorrow. Next month i'll be there. Got a new setup still fine tuning! See you at the CCK races too.
Old 04-21-2002, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry Alvin. Unable to join the CCK race. Got to go to work.
Old 04-21-2002, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Ian: Heard from one of my fren who drives a f1...by tightening the rear diff, u will loose steering...and by loosening the rear diff, u'll get more steering...do try it out...i'm gonna try it too to c if i can get more steering cos at the moment my rear diff is kinda tight...
Old 04-21-2002, 11:48 PM
Ian
Tech Regular

ok thanks ozone!i will try that....as i see u r online now...could u give me your contact no.??need a favour
...thanks
Old 04-22-2002, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

contact no?? me kinda bz at the moment...i'm always online cos the nature of my work...u can drop me a [email protected]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.