Search

Need some info for EP race!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Need some info for EP race!

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of playing EP and join local EP race! However looking at some of the local EP race detail get me confuse! Therefore below are some questions i have!

- What does the stock class mean? 27T motor only or include the kit must be stock also? lets say i use a kit like ta05,trf,E4rs with 27T motor, can i join the stock class? Or stock class only for kit like tt01,E4js,E10??

- If i want to join Tamiya race does it mean that only Tamiya kit are allow? Does it apply to HPI races also?

- As for the open/sport class, it mean open to any chassis and no motor turn limits?

Anyway will start with the normal class race first, so hope u guys can give me more info about it! Thanks!!!
Old 12-22-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jameslow
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of playing EP and join local EP race! However looking at some of the local EP race detail get me confuse! Therefore below are some questions i have!

- What does the stock class mean? 27T motor only or include the kit must be stock also? lets say i use a kit like ta05,trf,E4rs with 27T motor, can i join the stock class? Or stock class only for kit like tt01,E4js,E10??

- If i want to join Tamiya race does it mean that only Tamiya kit are allow? Does it apply to HPI races also?

- As for the open/sport class, it mean open to any chassis and no motor turn limits?

Anyway will start with the normal class race first, so hope u guys can give me more info about it! Thanks!!!
another nitro dude trying out ep eh?.... heheh... i and some of the PA regulars nowddays at BK's playing ep.... kenna hooked liao....

i cant answer your questions in details as i am a ep noob but i do know that stock class means a limited turns, ie 23T brushed and 11.5T brushless... usually hpi and tamiya races are close to their own brand chassis... for bk's races, chassis is open(use a ta-05 or a xray T3... its up to you), just motor limit for stock class and no motor limit for modified....

race mod if you wan the speed and acceleration you are used to in gp... but stock can be a real challenge as there are more ppl racing the class....
Old 12-22-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by katze
another nitro dude trying out ep eh?.... heheh... i and some of the PA regulars nowddays at BK's playing ep.... kenna hooked liao....

i cant answer your questions in details as i am a ep noob but i do know that stock class means a limited turns, ie 23T brushed and 11.5T brushless... usually hpi and tamiya races are close to their own brand chassis... for bk's races, chassis is open(use a ta-05 or a xray T3... its up to you), just motor limit for stock class and no motor limit for modified....

race mod if you wan the speed and acceleration you are used to in gp... but stock can be a real challenge as there are more ppl racing the class....
See la...kenna hooked liao... thats why seldom see u at PA liao!!!! hahahah!!!

LOL... So i guess u must be racing the modified class right!!!! As for me stock class better bec just play for the fun!!! hahaha... like u said, can be a real challenge!!! lolx...
Old 12-22-2009, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

See la...kenna hooked liao... thats why seldom see u at PA liao!!!! hahahah!!!

LOL... So i guess u must be racing the modified class right!!!! As for me stock class better bec just play for the fun!!! hahaha... like u said, can be a real challenge!!! lolx...
my first race was modified class.... but now switching over to stock class...

we have found the joys of stock class racing... come join us la...
Old 12-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Wah another one bites the dust!

So far I only know that..

ECG Stock class is open chassis but restricted to Brushed 23t motor/11.5T brushless and Solaris Tires.. the rest is open.. batteries, esc, servos blah blah..

Tamiya races - only tamiya chassis kits but depends on the class you are joining..and there are restriction to the type of motors you can use depending on which class you join. Generally, LAW will post details of the R&R for Tamiya races so that's relatively simple.. just follow what he post.

HPI races - probably the same as Tamiya but i think SIA will announce more details so not very sure.

Any other Open EP races.. usually la.. from what i see.. there are 2 main class.. Stock and Modified.

Stock - Open chassis, open Escs, open batteries.. 23T Brushed/11.5T brushless, depending sometimes open tires or closed tires

Modified - Open ka liao.. you want to go crazy with 4t brushless also can.. then depending sometimes open tires or closed tires

The race organisers will post their R&R so i think should be simple to follow la.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

oei oei wat crazy 4t brushless! haha welcome to the club bro
Old 12-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thirtycents
oei oei wat crazy 4t brushless! haha welcome to the club bro
Only crazy pro drivers like you run 4t mah.. hehe
Old 12-23-2009, 12:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Arahawak
Only crazy pro drivers like you run 4t mah.. hehe
py oso 4.5t, darryl oso 4t, lippy oso 5t.. alot of ppl kena when u say leh hahhaha
Old 12-23-2009, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thirtycents
py oso 4.5t, darryl oso 4t, lippy oso 5t.. alot of ppl kena when u say leh hahhaha

Old 12-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me if BK is open tomorrow on Christmas Day? Thanks.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default opening hours on christmas day

Originally Posted by xniperliams
Can anyone tell me if BK is open tomorrow on Christmas Day? Thanks.
Hi xniperliams
we are open tomorrow from 11am .......... night track will depend on weather

Thank you
Kyle