R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Singapore R/C Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/singapore-r-c-racers-22/)
-   -   NEED ADVICE ON LIPO"S (https://www.rctech.net/forum/singapore-r-c-racers/353049-need-advice-lipo-s.html)

piravin 12-18-2009 06:39 PM

NEED ADVICE ON LIPO"S

hello peeps i need advice on using lipo such as which brand of lipo is good and how long it takes to charge and what about the cut off? what voltage should it cut off at.
at the moment when i was reading the accorn brand lipo instruction i saw that the cut off should be at 6.4 but my esc cut of at 6.25 only so dunno if advisable to use or not someone plz help advice please
i am using rooster esc on a tto1 haven got lipo yet planning to get a few in a few days time so need advice
your advice would be most appreciated people THANK YOU;)

Arahawak 12-18-2009 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by piravin (Post 6737856)
hello peeps i need advice on using lipo such as which brand of lipo is good and how long it takes to charge and what about the cut off? what voltage should it cut off at.
at the moment when i was reading the accorn brand lipo instruction i saw that the cut off should be at 6.4 but my esc cut of at 6.25 only so dunno if advisable to use or not someone plz help advice please
i am using rooster esc on a tto1 haven got lipo yet planning to get a few in a few days time so need advice

It takes almost the same time as a normal NImh charger. As long as it does not go below 6v for 2 cells it should be fine.

Maybe you can check out the hobby shops in Singapore or Singapore's online store http://www.quantumracing-rc.com/

piravin 12-19-2009 05:15 AM

thanks arahawk

Thanks arahawk

piravin 12-19-2009 05:16 AM

important question

what will happen if lipo left in table never use for a long time will the voltage drop after while and will the lipo catch fire? and anyone can recomend brand of lipo to use

SuperEk4 12-19-2009 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by piravin (Post 6739073)
what will happen if lipo left in table never use for a long time will the voltage drop after while and will the lipo catch fire? and anyone can recomend brand of lipo to use

It won't catch fire just spoil. U can store it at 3.9v per cell. Just check once in a while that the cell won't drop too low.

For 1/10 get IP, zippy(from hobbycity? N etc depends how deep your pocket is.

QX 4896 R 12-20-2009 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by piravin (Post 6737856)

1. brand of batt.
technology now is quite gd lah, so any brand of lipo is gd enuf
I'm using ORION 3800, i go for these batt cos of its carbon looks only:sweat:
2. how long it charge
normally, its charging not more than 1C, meaning if ur batt is 3200mAh, charge at 3.2A, <1hr to full charge
if batt is 5000mAh, charge at 5A, <1hr to full charge
unless otherwise stated, eg. my ORION state there, DO NOT CHARGE LESS THAN 1C OR MORE THAN 2C, meaning, >3.8A or <7.6A, but my charger max is 5A, so i charge 5A, <40mins
3. do not discharge ur batt to less than 3V per cell, 2 cells = 6V.
when on load(batt is connected, motor is running), batt voltage will be lower, when off load, batt voltage will rise slightly.
so, when ur ESC read 6.25V, it cut off. so its time u charge the batt, it voltage shd rise a bit, probably to 6.4V.
4. lipo self-discharge can be as low as 2% per year, so , how long do u wanna leave it on the table?

more info can be found here http://www.batteryuniversity.com/

piravin 12-22-2009 04:49 AM

hey thanks alot to everyone

hey thanks to the all the bro's who have given their advise and you advise has helped me quite alot and thanks to ur advise i already got myself 3 packs of lipo cheers people :)

bl4 01-04-2010 06:17 PM

Anyone heard of Vampire Racing they also carry Lipo battery.

3.141592 01-11-2010 08:00 PM

Hi piravin,
If you need some LiPo with fast charging time, you can look into H-Energy LiPos which the charge current can be up to 2C (meaning 5000Mah can charge at 10Amps), also with some good feedbacks on it. But 2C is not recommended which it reduces the lifespan of the LiPo..:)

handiman 02-03-2010 12:53 AM

Li-Po batts

I have a Li-Po batt that has not been used for awhile and it has bloated slightly.

1) Can it be 'Saved' ? If so, how?
2) Are Li-po batteries always to be balanced charged? Do all Li-po chargers offer balancing?

Pls advise.
Thanks.

piravin 02-03-2010 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by handiman (Post 6949129)
I have a Li-Po batt that has not been used for awhile and it has bloated slightly.

1) Can it be 'Saved' ? If so, how?
2) Are Li-po batteries always to be balanced charged? Do all Li-po chargers offer balancing?

Pls advise.
Thanks.

Do all Li-po chargers offer balancing?
hey bro deppends on the charger not all charger has balancer bro thats what i know for example t15 it does not have balancer need to buy seperate balancer whereas the t15 plus already has balancer

purpletaint 02-08-2010 07:01 AM

i also thinking of upgrading to lipo but dunno why the price for 5000mah 2s1p is cheaper then the 4000mah 2s1p same brand lipo somemore :S any idea why ?

Rlau99 02-08-2010 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by purpletaint (Post 6974095)
i also thinking of upgrading to lipo but dunno why the price for 5000mah 2s1p is cheaper then the 4000mah 2s1p same brand lipo somemore :S any idea why ?

It could be different C rating. Take note of the C rating, some brands indicate burst C rating instead of constant C rating.

You can try acepow 5300 mAh 30C (40C burst) available at Winnie's shop.