Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 01:49 AM
Tech Adept

thks for the info overt.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Tomahawk

I also got a few old cars. This is one of my favourite :-)
Attached Thumbnails Vintage R/C Discussion/Pics/Selling/Wanted-tomahawk-1.jpg  
Old 03-04-2004, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Default GH1

I also just got this GH not too long ago. Might be selling it. Anyone interested??
Attached Thumbnails Vintage R/C Discussion/Pics/Selling/Wanted-gh.jpg  
Old 03-04-2004, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Location: founding member of THE "like to post BIG BIG pictures in the Off Topic, Special Interest Group".
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by sidewayz
thks for the info overt.
no worries dude....it seems its a japan exclusive leh...so if it comes in, grab it!!!!
Old 03-04-2004, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Location: founding member of THE "like to post BIG BIG pictures in the Off Topic, Special Interest Group".
Default Re: Tomahawk

Originally posted by night_owl
I also got a few old cars. This is one of my favourite :-)
dude...thats a cool one man!!!
Old 03-04-2004, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: GH1

Originally posted by night_owl
I also just got this GH not too long ago. Might be selling it. Anyone interested??
dude got fast attack or wild one for sale or other vintage for sale?
yea the tomahawk looks great, those are the type of buggy i consider real classic baja type
Old 03-04-2004, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Tomahawk

Originally posted by overtki11
dude...thats a cool one man!!!
overt: got checkout tamiyaclub.com ? have a look at those classic buggy man, they look marvelous and realistic
I remember seeing the GH1 or grasshopper 1 in tv before when I was a kid, was so excited bout having a r/c of a real buggy back then
Old 03-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

hiyah, what RC guy never check out tamiyaclub.com.......you see, thats all some where far far away......nightowl, i know him mah....more shiok knowing that you know the guy behind the car mah...hahaha.

but got a Q for you classic owners...do any of you actually run your classics?.....i've seen pics of a dude that ran his bruiser or one of those metal chassis'd one...now thats guts for you man!!!!
Old 03-04-2004, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Dude, of course we run our cars. That's what an R/C car is for :-)

Most of the old cars are plenty tough. Many have metal parts and a lot of them are over engineered. So unless you do something crazy, they don't break easily. Look at the car in the pic and tell me how you break this thing through normal running.

The delimma many face is that say for example a NIB vintage car is worth $100. The moment you built it, it depreciate to say $60. You run the car, the value goes down to say $40. So the really serious (or mad, depends on how you look at it) collectors (not me, I am not into NIBs) try to keep a NIB, a new built (for display) and a runner of the same model.

cheers

Originally posted by overtki11

but got a Q for you classic owners...do any of you actually run your classics?.....i've seen pics of a dude that ran his bruiser or one of those metal chassis'd one...now thats guts for you man!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Vintage R/C Discussion/Pics/Selling/Wanted-rowdybaja-1.jpg  
Old 03-04-2004, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

overt: i agree with night owl, many of the vintage are very tough, those inthe early 80's are very very tough, those built in mid and late 80's tend to be weaker. i have a frog and grasshopper,early 80's model, very tough, they're built with abs resin (if i got the material correctly), this material are bendable,i've bang and clashed my frog ang GH,nothing broken, well maybe some of the parts pop out, i havent replaced any parts at all. those with the old fashion bumpers, man they're good,really absorbs impact, well maybe they dun look that nice, but they sure work great. the mid 80's models is weaker, my falcon broke while bang into real car tyres, my hotshot, over tighten some nuts and screws and they cracked.
i'm not into NIB too, but if i can get hold of one, i will treasure every single moment i built them i've been searching for fast attack vehicle and mountaineer, but havent found any or they 're way above my budget. child hood dreams my fren btw, do you know midnight pumpkin was base on pajero 1984?

Last edited by rcaddict; 03-04-2004 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anybody know how to "preserve" ABS plastic in local climax....

Me had a super sabre.....but the abs plastic fall apart and crack after long period of "static" display in the shell.

Originally posted by rcaddict
overt: i agree with night owl, many of the vintage are very tough, those inthe early 80's are very very tough, those built in mid and late 80's tend to be weaker. i have a frog and grasshopper,early 80's model, very tough, they're built with abs resin (if i got the material correctly), this material are bendable,i've bang and clashed my frog ang GH,nothing broken, well maybe some of the parts pop out, i havent replaced any parts at all. those with the old fashion bumpers, man they're good,really absorbs impact, well maybe they dun look that nice, but they sure work great. the mid 80's models is weaker, my falcon broke while bang into real car tyres, my hotshot, over tighten some nuts and screws and they cracked.
i'm not into NIB too, but if i can get hold of one, i will treasure every single moment i built them i've been searching for fast attack vehicle and mountaineer, but havent found any or they 're way above my budget. child hood dreams my fren btw, do you know midnight pumpkin was base on pajero 1984?
Old 03-05-2004, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Gasaraki
Anybody know how to "preserve" ABS plastic in local climax....

Me had a super sabre.....but the abs plastic fall apart and crack after long period of "static" display in the shell.

Apply sunblock to the plastic, no joke! This will protect the plastic from the damaging sun rays whether direct or reflected as in your house.

The sun's ray will make the plastic brittle, if it is exposed to it too long, like for months or years and weaken it's structure.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:53 AM
Tech Master

try armour all, they work for rubber, should work for abs resin, and if it doesn work, it sure wont damage ur beloved vintage
Old 03-05-2004, 01:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rcaddict
try armour all, they work for rubber, should work for abs resin, and if it doesn work, it sure wont damage ur beloved vintage
The one with UV protection.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by x_man
The one with UV protection.

Thanks guys should have used it long time ago.....Armour ALL is it the spray type?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.