Most competitive 1 /10 electric car >

Most competitive 1 /10 electric car

Most competitive 1 /10 electric car

Old 02-28-2002, 12:40 AM
F&K
Tech Adept

Default Most competitive 1 /10 electric car

Hey Guys,
I am pretty new in 1 /10 electric car in Singapore.Wanted to get a new electric car but need to find out what is the most competitive car that can play around & compete in races with solid parts support.
Old 02-28-2002, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

My vote goes to
1) Tamiya TRF414M
2) Tamiya TA04R

We got a distributor tai sing, and lotsa lhs carry tamiya parts.

Honestly cannot think of other car to run... though i'd like to try C4.1 and MR4.
Old 02-28-2002, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Alvin: I don't think 414M is a good recommendation for new comer as parts support are very limited. Also the car are ver sensitive to setup and tyres selection.
Old 03-01-2002, 01:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

tamiya is easy to make, detailed and has good build durability. but it doesn't come very fast. fast electric cars depend simply on the motor and pinion gear.
Old 03-01-2002, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

If you break any parts of 414M that are not availbe as TA04 spare parts, Usually it would be more worth it to buy a new car..hehe.......
Old 03-03-2002, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Yo there,
How about getting Tamiya Ta04R. It comes with many upgraded parts and it is easy to maintain. moreover the parts are easily available. I cant think of any other car manufacturer that can support the parts cheaper and better than TAMIYA. Trust me, it is worth your every penny............
Old 03-03-2002, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by huasze
tamiya is easy to make, detailed and has good build durability. but it doesn't come very fast. fast electric cars depend simply on the motor and pinion gear.
huasze :Fast is a relative term.
Fast as in stupid fast in a straight line only
Or fast as in quick lap times?
I believe most electric racers are of the opinion that "fast" refers to fast lap times.
Perhaps you do not have much experience with electric powered cars. Fast top speed for an electric car depends on a lot more factors than just motor spec and gear ratio. ESC current carrying capacity, battery specifications, vehcle weight, drive train efficiency all play their part in top speed of the cars.

Contrary to some belief, the competition spec Tamiya cars like the TA04 series, the TB EVO I/II, the 414 family etc are all very capable cars. How they will finish in a race depends on the driver's skill.
Old 03-04-2002, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by NightKidZ

Contrary to some belief, the competition spec Tamiya cars like the TA04 series, the TB EVO I/II, the 414 family etc are all very capable cars. How they will finish in a race depends on the driver's skill.
but what if you give these 4 cars to the same driver.....definately one will clock faster than the other....
Old 03-04-2002, 06:46 PM
AO
Tech Addict

Talking Types of cars

True, dragon got a point, but now the battery and esc also come in play. To me a TB-01 is good enough.
Old 03-04-2002, 07:47 PM
Tech Rookie

The reason that one will definitely clock better than the other is due to many variables such as suitability of the car to the driver's driving style as well as to the track, and setup.

Despite setup each car has its inherent characteristics eg TA04 vs TB01, in terms of balance, weight distribution, drivetrain and so on. The characteristics of the car will determine if the driver can use it to its fullest ability.

A more accurate gauge of the "faster" car would be to take a poll of which types of chassis are in the A-mains, over the course of one whole season.
Old 03-04-2002, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Dragon : I agree with what ImpactBlue and Ao said.
Let me clarify myself.
The Tamiya cars mentioned (TA04 series, 414 and TB evo) are all current and up to date racecars.
The main difference btw hobby spec rc cars and Nikko toys is ADJUSTABLITY. ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED CARS HAVE SOME FORM OF ADJUSTABILTY WHEN IT COMES TO THEIR SUSPENSION SETUP, a driver worth his salt can adjust his car, be it 04 or 414 to suit his style and track conditions.
I think it is fair to say there is no "BEST" or most competitive car, only perhaps the most adjustable (Hudy Xray T-1), the most expensive (T-1), most different drivetrain ( shaft driven TC3 and TB evo) etc etc.
In Sinagpore, race directors and designers "SEEM" to think just like the SMSA (Singapore Motorsports Association), where nearly all races are conducted on "mickey mouse", "PACMAN" tracks, just like 1/10 sized parking lots..... the inherent characther of diff cars can hardly be demostrated. UNDERSTAND that the pure breed racecars are designed to run in proper race tracks with tarmac or carpet and a good combination of fast flowing corners and chicanes etc..... NOT ENDLESS SERIES OF U-TURNS : P

IMPACTBLUE : so is that Mako there or ur navigator fren? : )
Shingo says " Hi" : )
Old 03-04-2002, 09:56 PM
AO
Tech Addict

Cool Fast Car

Ha Ha Ha,

I totally agree with UsuiImpactBlue
and nightkidz.

There are not many tracks in singapore that does not make the top world driver say :" The servor that is mount on our car must be very FAST".

With some many types of cars and model out there. I think the only thing that we must always think about is $$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Old 03-05-2002, 02:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Dragon

but what if you give these 4 cars to the same driver.....definately one will clock faster than the other....
4 cars - 4 different handling characteristics. No matter how close you can get a 04 to handle like 414m well I'm sure a 04r has some "feel" or characteristic manner it handles/drives VS 414, evo etc.

The key point here is *still* the driver. Once he/she knows the inherent good VS bad points of the car (e.g. my car loves to wear out centre pulleys), the driver must be able to utilize those plus points to the max, and make best use of the supposed sucky points.

TA04 all the way... until the TA05 that is :P

~Alvin
Old 03-05-2002, 06:06 AM
Tech Adept

TB-01 with chassis drilled alot hole will good for me too.
Old 03-05-2002, 08:13 AM
r32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You can get a TB01 with a tub chassis down as light as a TB-Evo, without drilling, just ask Julien Foo how.......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.