Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TT01 Sharing thread.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Rookie

What sorta tyres should i use if i want to make an offroad rally tt01? Tamiya radials?
Old 06-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Southpaw707
What sorta tyres should i use if i want to make an offroad rally tt01? Tamiya radials?
this is the perfect tire for rallying --> Tamiya Rally Block Tires

link: http://www.etamiya.com/shop/tamiya-5...es-p-3670.html
Old 07-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hi guys just got a tamiya TZ motor with metal motor mount. Can i use 25T/55spur ? I doent seem to be able to mesh the pinon and spur, its either too tight or loose. Please advice thanks
Old 07-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by boo_saa
hi guys just got a tamiya TZ motor with metal motor mount. Can i use 25T/55spur ? I doent seem to be able to mesh the pinon and spur, its either too tight or loose. Please advice thanks
the gears should mesh perfectly since 25/55 is one of the most common TT01 configuration.

u might want to try using a 24t pinion and see how it goes. i believe that u have already tried mounting the motor in different mounting holes.

this is one of the limitations of TT01: restricted motor-mounting positions.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by psychophant
the gears should mesh perfectly since 25/55 is one of the most common TT01 configuration.

u might want to try using a 24t pinion and see how it goes. i believe that u have already tried mounting the motor in different mounting holes.

this is one of the limitations of TT01: restricted motor-mounting positions.
Thanks bro. Got it all sort out.thanks
Old 07-06-2009, 06:56 PM
jae

Default Noob need help...token of appreciation given

Hi, i'm a 33 yr old noob that needs help with my 2 TT01-D (one is bought used & one is brand new self assembled) , need a advance mechanic to "look at, educate & possibility of fiddling" the set up of my cars. Staying at Chai Chee & Bukit Panjang (yeah, two houses, damn confusing for me too). Let me know which location to meet up. I really need help. Bought the the cars in January 2008 & have not even run in yet till now. A small token of appreciation is given after helping me with my cars. Pls. contact me at 92363 048 (Jae) or email me at [email protected] for further discussions. Thank you.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jae
Hi, i'm a 33 yr old noob that needs help with my 2 TT01-D (one is bought used & one is brand new self assembled) , need a advance mechanic to "look at, educate & possibility of fiddling" the set up of my cars. Staying at Chai Chee & Bukit Panjang (yeah, two houses, damn confusing for me too). Let me know which location to meet up. I really need help. Bought the the cars in January 2008 & have not even run in yet till now. A small token of appreciation is given after helping me with my cars. Pls. contact me at 92363 048 (Jae) or email me at [email protected] for further discussions. Thank you.
hi there,

u might want to drop by some of the drift meets at your convenience to seek help.

link: SG Drift Meets
Old 07-31-2009, 04:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Hey bros,
i'm a tt-01 noob here. Been drifting for a few months only...

I recently bought a carbon upper deck and the f&r stabilizer sets for it...
thing is, i have no idea how to mount the front stabilizers!

Anyone can give me a solution? And maybe a few pics? All help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-31-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys!! Im also a noob and i would like to know if there's any good settings for the tt-01d to drift better. thx
Old 07-31-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HarryLeeWD
Hey bros,
i'm a tt-01 noob here. Been drifting for a few months only...

I recently bought a carbon upper deck and the f&r stabilizer sets for it...
thing is, i have no idea how to mount the front stabilizers!

Anyone can give me a solution? And maybe a few pics? All help would be greatly appreciated!
Hi bro don think you are able to mount the front stabilizer bar, unless you change the front upper arm. that happen to me too.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Freaked;6142492]Hi guys!! Im also a noob and i would like to know if there's any good settings for the tt-01d to drift better. thx[/QUOTE

bro there is lots of difference setting from difference ppl preference. You might wana look through the thread for more info.. Cheers
Old 08-02-2009, 01:24 AM
Tech Regular

Hi bro don think you are able to mount the front stabilizer bar, unless you change the front upper arm. that happen to me too.
Wait, i forgot to mention that i'm using the tt-01d...
So already has the adjustable upper arms as a standard... but i either don't have the mounting hardware or i don't know how to do it...
Cause i bought the upper deck & stabilizers as a used set.

Can someone pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase put pics of the stabilizer set mounted @ front? Thanks!
Old 08-02-2009, 03:25 AM
Tech Regular

Wait, i forgot to mention that i'm using the tt-01d...
So already has the adjustable upper arms as a standard... but i either don't have the mounting hardware or i don't know how to do it...
Cause i bought the upper deck & stabilizers as a used set.

Can someone pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase put pics of the stabilizer set mounted @ front? Thanks!
I did some mod on it with small body clip to hold the bar. Will try to post some pic later.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:58 AM
Tech Regular

I did some mod on it with small body clip to hold the bar. Will try to post some pic later.

Oh... thanks! Kudos on the creativity!

But, for drifting, using both F&R stabilizers, is it advisable?
Some people say that takes away chassis roll, which is unadvisable...
But the tt-01's stock weight balance issues is killing me, and this is the only solution i could think of...
Old 08-02-2009, 05:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Oh... thanks! Kudos on the creativity!

But, for drifting, using both F&R stabilizers, is it advisable?
Some people say that takes away chassis roll, which is unadvisable...
But the tt-01's stock weight balance issues is killing me, and this is the only solution i could think of...
Use weights to balance your chassis, not stabilizer bars. Most drifters would remove their stabilizer bars for drifting so as to enable chassis roll to maintain long drifts. Some drifters still have it on as a setting. To each their own. For drifting, it's the driver, not the kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.