TT01 Sharing thread.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by Official View Post
Did you check the manual for which slot to mount the motor? A,B,C or D.
And as for the stripping thing most prob is you didn't do homework on a daily basis. Do not be lazy on servicing all moving parts.

Well check to see if anyone is interested. Selling my TT01 with lots of hop up.
PM me for a pic and quote. Main attraction is my FRP chassis.

Yes, i'm using the correct slot in the motor mount. And I dis-assemble my car to it's bare bones after every two-three weeks to clean, relubricate and to solve problems if they arise, so i'm pretty sure that my car's covered in the "being lazy to service moving parts" thing. Hahaha .

Thanks to Official and streetvandals for their help!

Turns out there was some faulty wiring in my esc. Replaced it and no more problems at all.

Also wanted to know,

for people who drift with their TT-01s, how do you balance your weight from side to side? I have also thought of moving my electronics or adding weights to the front to ensure the weighted front end required for drifting. Is it advisable?
Old 06-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Let talk about electronic Set up. What is the best( ESC/MOTOR combo, Servo ) for driff and touring or Both. i am currenty on Futaba 3003 and find that the reaction abit slow. THinking to trying my HiTEC HS7955TG from my buggy, But feel that is abit over kill.. And stock esc and sports tune motor.

WHATS yours....Lets Share.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (67%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeeWD View Post
Yes, i'm using the correct slot in the motor mount. And I dis-assemble my car to it's bare bones after every two-three weeks to clean, relubricate and to solve problems if they arise, so i'm pretty sure that my car's covered in the "being lazy to service moving parts" thing. Hahaha .

Thanks to Official and streetvandals for their help!

Turns out there was some faulty wiring in my esc. Replaced it and no more problems at all.

Also wanted to know,

for people who drift with their TT-01s, how do you balance your weight from side to side? I have also thought of moving my electronics or adding weights to the front to ensure the weighted front end required for drifting. Is it advisable?

im not too sure bout that lah. but ive heard ppl saying that is gd to put ur esc on the center of your upper deck to create balance! if you have upperdeck. ive yet to try that out.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well the best way to weight your car is actually using 4 digital scales each on a wheel. And by adding lead weights which can be bought at any LHS to the different area to match all 4 scales to the same that will be a balance car.

Well as for electronics onboard i don't have much. If racing super-stock onboard will be Tamiya stock ESC and Sports tune black can with Futaba 3003 servo. Touring then i'll use the same servo but a Futaba 330 esc with RZ 23t silver can. Things to note. Servo Saver have to change to harder one.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Official View Post
Well the best way to weight your car is actually using 4 digital scales each on a wheel. And by adding lead weights which can be bought at any LHS to the different area to match all 4 scales to the same that will be a balance car.

Well as for electronics onboard i don't have much. If racing super-stock onboard will be Tamiya stock ESC and Sports tune black can with Futaba 3003 servo. Touring then i'll use the same servo but a Futaba 330 esc with RZ 23t silver can. Things to note. Servo Saver have to change to harder one.
Originally Posted by streetvandals41 View Post
im not too sure bout that lah. but ive heard ppl saying that is gd to put ur esc on the center of your upper deck to create balance! if you have upperdeck. ive yet to try that out.

@Official
That's a great tip! If only i had money to buy four digital scales..?

Anybody at SKdm willing to bring 4 digital scales for me? *waves white flag.

@Streetvandals
Hmm, will try that as soon as i get my upper deck!
I've heard to also use the stabilizer set is very advisable. Agree?
Old 06-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

my setup with my tt01 before is mc330 + 23RZ, good enough for smooth surfaces..

well, i want to share what our Filipino brothers done to their TT01
(courtesy of RECKRACING of Philippine RC Drifters)

For all TT-01 owners, heres a mod developed by drifters for drifters! the simplest mod you can do to your stock TT-01 and turn it to an ultimate drift-spec TT-01.

The mod is simple, most drifters will understand the effect and benefit of this mod, Look closely at the first photo,
at first glance you won't notice the difference from a stock TT, but yes! we made the rear end as the front end, by doing these you can get rid of those ugly ballast and have all the weight infront, initial test run shows improved performance and more predictable handling. Now how did we do this? we developed a steering mod to fit the stock TT incorporating the aluminum steering upgrade for TT-01 and relocate the servo. Its a simple solution and anyone can do it.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default !!!

Originally Posted by salbacutetah View Post
my setup with my tt01 before is mc330 + 23RZ, good enough for smooth surfaces..

well, i want to share what our Filipino brothers done to their TT01
(courtesy of RECKRACING of Philippine RC Drifters)

For all TT-01 owners, heres a mod developed by drifters for drifters! the simplest mod you can do to your stock TT-01 and turn it to an ultimate drift-spec TT-01.

The mod is simple, most drifters will understand the effect and benefit of this mod, Look closely at the first photo,
at first glance you won't notice the difference from a stock TT, but yes! we made the rear end as the front end, by doing these you can get rid of those ugly ballast and have all the weight infront, initial test run shows improved performance and more predictable handling. Now how did we do this? we developed a steering mod to fit the stock TT incorporating the aluminum steering upgrade for TT-01 and relocate the servo. Its a simple solution and anyone can do it.

!!! ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG. Ok, overreaction, but awesome mod guys! the back end of the car ( the end which is far away from the motor) looks like it swings out very easily. Looks like a pro-d setup, and that's awesome. Did you have to do alot of chopping to accomplish this mod?
Old 06-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks salbacutetah for sharing. super mob there..
Old 06-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Come on guys lets share some pics of your ride. Heres mine..Njoy.
Attached Thumbnails TT01 Sharing thread.-dsc05108.jpg   TT01 Sharing thread.-dsc05110.jpg   TT01 Sharing thread.-dsc05113.jpg   TT01 Sharing thread.-dsc05143-copy.jpg  
Old 06-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

amazing discovery, sonny!!!!!! this mod beats every other mods for TT01!!!

from the pics, what they have done are the following:
- relocate the servo. basically just drill 2 holes on the tub chassis.
- swap the front and rear knuckles as well as arms.
- fabricate an alu/metal plate to hold the steering set.
- shorten the turnbuckles for toe-in/out.
- use a longer turnbuckle (similar to E10, i think?) between the servo horn and the steering set.

other than that, everything else is stock TT01. brilliant job!!!!!
Old 06-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

cool mod ! where is the spur n pinion located and how the person make the rear side (originallY) move forward ?
Old 06-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Default hehehe

Originally Posted by boo_saa View Post
Come on guys lets share some pics of your ride. Heres mine..Njoy.
+1! Awesome shells! Seems like you really like your nismo coppermixes...

Wait, that rx7... was it the one for sale by [email protected] a few months back?

God that costed alot.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by psychophant View Post
amazing discovery, sonny!!!!!! this mod beats every other mods for TT01!!!

from the pics, what they have done are the following:
- relocate the servo. basically just drill 2 holes on the tub chassis.
- swap the front and rear knuckles as well as arms.
- fabricate an alu/metal plate to hold the steering set.
- shorten the turnbuckles for toe-in/out.
- use a longer turnbuckle (similar to E10, i think?) between the servo horn and the steering set.

other than that, everything else is stock TT01. brilliant job!!!!!
other info, i've got from the site about motor rotation and polarity....

...., I think you know what we did here, initially the setup is with a reversed motor polarity and ur right tweaked the motor coz were using brushed and F.O.W. so the front and rear bevel drive gear canot be reversed, however if you use diferential front gears or locked front gear, you can reverse the front and rear bevel drive gear, from right to left, with these, you can run your motor without reversing the polarity, If you use BL motor it doesnt matter coz u can change motor rotation without sacrificing power.....

...3. there is another way to reverse the direction of the gears. if you can see the bulkhead cover's other half(the one connected with the main tub chassis), there is a small plastic marker/retainer to prevent us from putting it in the reverse order. since you want to reverse it, remove the marker/retainer and put the diffs on that side. so that not in the polarity of the motor that you need to adjust. some brush motor have been design to run on single direction, it will not run on same efficiency if run on reverse. i'm not sure about BL motors if can reverse...

ok...here's another version..
(courtesy of Sir Arwin of PRCD)

[quote name='Blackwrench' date='Jun 8 2009, 02:10 PM' post='102350']
My version on a Reverse TT-01.

again, like my other projects, it begins with a mock up.

then magically, i sprinkle some CF dust and the acrylic sheets became... Carbon Fiber!

another shot

Looking forward on the Shakedown and see what difference does it make on this configuration.

thanks for looking.... Enjoy!
Old 06-27-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

How the hell can u guys come out with this mod Sonny??? Really hardcore TT01 fans?? Hahahaha!! Brilliant! I'm not exactly a DIY man, so in my own simple strategy to mod like this, I'll do this:

1 Post my TT01 for cheap sale
2 Buy a HPI E10
3 Wahla!! And be happy!! Hahahaha!!

Disclaimer! This isnt any sort of advise tat one shld change to E10!!
Old 06-28-2009, 03:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HarryLeeWD View Post
+1! Awesome shells! Seems like you really like your nismo coppermixes...

Wait, that rx7... was it the one for sale by [email protected] a few months back?

God that costed alot.
That Rx7 i spray myself. Tell me more about that RX7 sale by [email protected] ???

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service