Wiki Posts
Search

All abt kyosho ZX5 post here

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alana07
i see that your goosebumps are very planted on segar yesterday. have you tried out the rear goosebumps on a 2wd buggy? take a look at the Proline Inside Job front 4wd tire, i think it may work in tandem with rear bowtie in a 4wd buggy.
master Alan wat do u used for ur zx5sp?
Old 05-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Tech Lord

wah lau eh, tamiya turnbuckles on a kyosho car???
Two big company good friend Mah
Old 05-04-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
Wow veri "chim" I went amain n saw many diff tires from j concept r they any good? Hv u tried tamiya?
eh, we have only tried goosebumps only as we 'think' the rest aren't really suitable for local terrain. Don't bother about Tamiya tires.....

let us know your experience on jconcept goose bump when you get them. They look like Losi taper pin design to me.
see TR-510 for front and TR-51 for rear.
The goosebumps are entirely different from the tapers. Tapers are strictly for hard-packed/high traction surface.

i see that your goosebumps are very planted on segar yesterday. have you tried out the rear goosebumps on a 2wd buggy? take a look at the Proline Inside Job front 4wd tire, i think it may work in tandem with rear bowtie in a 4wd buggy.
Havent tried the goose on 2wd yet leh as quite happy with the bowties at segar. Inside job ah, owl tried that before at port and he said tak boleh
Old 05-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Lord

U think goose bumps will wrk at port?

Originally Posted by Teinsports
eh, we have only tried goosebumps only as we 'think' the rest aren't really suitable for local terrain. Don't bother about Tamiya tires.....

The goosebumps are entirely different from the tapers. Tapers are strictly for hard-packed/high traction surface.

Havent tried the goose on 2wd yet leh as quite happy with the bowties at segar. Inside job ah, owl tried that before at port and he said tak boleh
Old 05-04-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

U think goose bumps will wrk at port?
I think it will but i haven't tried before so no promises....
Old 05-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Lord

I think it will but i haven't tried before so no promises....
Ok noted must spend $ again actually play 1/10 more expensive than play ep 1/8 ESP d tires
Old 05-05-2009, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

it's more expensive because u r going through a trial & error exercise to get the right tires. once u find the right choice, then it will be cheaper after all, the 1/10 tires are less than 1/2 price a set of 1/8 tires, right?
especially for 2wd which never wear out the front ..

my zx5:
original zx5 kit
- lunsford turnbuckles
- velvet coat rear shocks
- 3racing steering rack
- PN racing shock tower mounts
- KMC saddle conversion
- LRP sphere

rb5:
- worlds rear end
- front silver zx5 springs
- Tekin RSpro

motors - depending on class I run - anything from Novak 7.5R, LRP6.5, Novak 10.5, Novak 13.5, to SpeedPassion 17.5.

tires - u guys should try losi blockheads in the front. very popular tire.

rear tires - for racing, i prefer either losi big shots, or JC double-dees (they are a fantastic substitute for PL holeshots and last a lot longer). you should also consider PL bowties & losi studs, for the dusty loamy conditions of some sgp tracks.
Attached Thumbnails All abt kyosho ZX5 post here-kmc1.jpg   All abt kyosho ZX5 post here-kmc2.jpg   All abt kyosho ZX5 post here-kmc3.jpg   All abt kyosho ZX5 post here-kmc4.jpg  
Old 05-05-2009, 06:14 AM
Tech Lord

Very nice do u run at port/ponggol?

I m using rear bowtie n front holeshot it's expensive I find is d wear n tear rate. My CRT truggy tires can last months but not 1/10 tires. N 1/10 is fragil. I hardly break anything for my 1/8 even at 60km/hr.

I c u use max 7.5r to superstock. I like speed so I run 6.5 geared 18T on novak. U got ur conversion from amain? Expensive rite?

Originally Posted by wyl03
it's more expensive because u r going through a trial & error exercise to get the right tires. once u find the right choice, then it will be cheaper after all, the 1/10 tires are less than 1/2 price a set of 1/8 tires, right?
especially for 2wd which never wear out the front ..

my zx5:
original zx5 kit
- lunsford turnbuckles
- 3racing steering rack
- PN racing shock tower mounts
- KMC saddle conversion
- LRP sphere

rb5:
- worlds rear end
- front silver zx5 springs
- Tekin RSpro

motors - depending on class I run - anything from Novak 7.5R, LRP6.5, Novak 10.5, Novak 13.5, to SpeedPassion 17.5.

tires - u guys should try losi blockheads in the front. very popular tire.

rear tires - for racing, i prefer either losi big shots, or JC double-dees (they are a fantastic substitute for PL holeshots and last a lot longer). you should also consider PL bowties & losi studs, for the dusty loamy conditions of some sgp tracks.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I like speed so I run 6.5 geared 18T on novak. Expensive rite?
of course, for sure your need for speed is gonna cost you both in terms of $ and wear and tear rate. how fast do you want to go, when our local tracks are all so small???
Old 05-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Lord

of course, for sure your need for speed is gonna cost you both in terms of $ and wear and tear rate. how fast do you want to go, when our local tracks are all so small???
i play at port quite big leh, 6.5 where got fast? 3.5 then fast
Old 05-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

i'm actually in syd, aust
once BK's track is up & proper EP racing organised, then i'll try to make a trip (convince the wife to visit family) to join u guys!

- i stopped using holeshots for over a yr now, too $$$. that's an a-main tire .. use for 1x main, then limited to bashing after that
- bowties still tolerable, but like all PL products, $$$. good when track is dusty bcos of larger lugs. but when the track starts breaking up and potholes appear, then this tire can hit or miss. the square pins can catch on stones or holes - your car will turn smoothly and suddenly, flip out of the blue. almost like traction rolling but obviously not possible in dusty conditions ..
- like i said, i really like the JC double-D's. they work in conditions similar to holeshots, and last 2~3x longer. try them out!
- i tried JC goosebumps .. it was so-so. not entirely suitable for dusty tracks. maybe because the space between the lugs are too big. they work at dawn when the track is damp and tend to "chunk" together.
- taper pins are definitely NOT suitable for dusty tracks & very different to goosebumps. the goosebump pins are thick and "long". taper pins are suited for blue-groove clay tracks that they have in the US (check out youtube .. many of their tracks have no dust!! )

- my current preference for racing - is really losi bigshots or ifmar pins because the smaller pins are really suited for dusty tracks if not too loamy (dirt layer too thick). very versatile in dusty conditions. very good for racing, lasts a little longer than bowties .. but sadly, not too long!

motors
- ya .. i race in various classes. stock was 13.5 last yr, but all global organisations have followed ROAR and reclassify 17.5 as stock this year.
- i've tried 7.5 on the zx5 once only ... too fast
- currently using 7.5 on the rb5 with throttle turned down to 90%.
too much power and you just spin on the spot, especially when dusty. with offroad, it's all about putting power through the wheels and making use of whatever traction the wheels can get hold off. too much power and u lose time spinning out of turns or worse, fish-tailing.

KMC conversion
- well .. that came with the zx5 which, together with a lot of my gear, was bought used off someone in the US
Old 05-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Tech Lord

Seems that j concept is a good choice? I will try them nxt round need to save $ for tires.

Running 1/10 n 1/8 is a killer for the pocket.

I m planning to go Perth nxt month but with family it's difficult to bring rc car.

Most tracks will b close at winter unless u hv any in mind? I would love to try a good track.

Any recommendation? Stuffs cheaper at aust or spore?

i'm actually in syd, aust
once BK's track is up & proper EP racing organised, then i'll try to make a trip (convince the wife to visit family) to join u guys!

- i stopped using holeshots for over a yr now, too $$$. that's an a-main tire .. use for 1x main, then limited to bashing after that
- bowties still tolerable, but like all PL products, $$$. good when track is dusty bcos of larger lugs. but when the track starts breaking up and potholes appear, then this tire can hit or miss. the square pins can catch on stones or holes - your car will turn smoothly and suddenly, flip out of the blue. almost like traction rolling but obviously not possible in dusty conditions ..
- like i said, i really like the JC double-D's. they work in conditions similar to holeshots, and last 2~3x longer. try them out!
- i tried JC goosebumps .. it was so-so. not entirely suitable for dusty tracks. maybe because the space between the lugs are too big. they work at dawn when the track is damp and tend to "chunk" together.
- taper pins are definitely NOT suitable for dusty tracks & very different to goosebumps. the goosebump pins are thick and "long". taper pins are suited for blue-groove clay tracks that they have in the US (check out youtube .. many of their tracks have no dust!! )

- my current preference for racing - is really losi bigshots or ifmar pins because the smaller pins are really suited for dusty tracks if not too loamy (dirt layer too thick). very versatile in dusty conditions. very good for racing, lasts a little longer than bowties .. but sadly, not too long!

motors
- ya .. i race in various classes. stock was 13.5 last yr, but all global organisations have followed ROAR and reclassify 17.5 as stock this year.
- i've tried 7.5 on the zx5 once only ... too fast
- currently using 7.5 on the rb5 with throttle turned down to 90%.
too much power and you just spin on the spot, especially when dusty. with offroad, it's all about putting power through the wheels and making use of whatever traction the wheels can get hold off. too much power and u lose time spinning out of turns or worse, fish-tailing.

KMC conversion
- well .. that came with the zx5 which, together with a lot of my gear, was bought used off someone in the US
Old 05-06-2009, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

Hi there, the JC DDs certainly looks promising as a replacement for the holeshots. Not sure if you have visited any of our local 'makeshift' tracks in punggol/segar but the bigshots/ifmar pins don't really work here(or perhaps its due to my lousy driving...heh). But it was certainly enriching and honored for an overseas racer to post his reviews here.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

Seems that j concept is a good choice? I will try them nxt round need to save $ for tires.

Running 1/10 n 1/8 is a killer for the pocket.

I m planning to go Perth nxt month but with family it's difficult to bring rc car.

Most tracks will b close at winter unless u hv any in mind? I would love to try a good track.

Any recommendation? Stuffs cheaper at aust or spore?
most tracks will continue racing even in winter. in fact .. winter is best. not hot!!
i'll see what tracks there are in WA ...

stuffs cheaper - rc stuff u mean? if so, all expensive here. too expensive
i get my kyosho parts from amainhobbies & pro-s-futaba. cheaper & faster.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Hi there, the JC DDs certainly looks promising as a replacement for the holeshots. Not sure if you have visited any of our local 'makeshift' tracks in punggol/segar but the bigshots/ifmar pins don't really work here(or perhaps its due to my lousy driving...heh). But it was certainly enriching and honored for an overseas racer to post his reviews here.
wah .. what .. what honor? no big deal, pls. i used to race in Sg myself.
(sadly, last race was with the ol' 777 at turf city back in '05.)

just sharing my experience since i started in EP. i remember vividly that trial & error is very expensive, especially for 1/8.

er, yeah .. dirt is dirt but admitedly, the type of dirt between sg is different from here. for starters, the dirt is grainer in Sg, more like sand than dirt .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.