Wiki Posts
Search

News about Tamiya in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Ok Rules are comfirmed. If you Don't want to race up to you but please don't put stupid comments here.

Old 02-06-2002, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Talking

And hobbyguy,
that is the point....because some people got the full range of tires like sorex. It is not fair for the begginners.

And as i said..
the race staff have taken the effort to do the race.So if you don't appreciate it. At least shut up.
Old 02-06-2002, 05:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Default wah!

wah.... ppl only talk nicely and you ask ppl to "shut up"

Watch your mouth . You simply cannot think well. The common tires for sorex are 28,32, and 36 (Cost of 3 sets) Are you saying that the cost be cheaper for the begineer if they were to buy all the 3 kinds of Tamiya tires? (Even Stupids will know they cost more)

Furthermore, the beginner can use the Sorex in any races be it 1./10 electric or Nitro and cover most surfaces. In short the Sorex are more versatile and more cost effective in the long run.

If you still got problem understanding, let me summarise again.

If beginner got Sorex, they can race anywhere, any races.
If they only have Tamiya, they can't race everywhere(means still must buy Sorex)
If they buy all Sorex to start with, they pay less than paying for the Tamiya's.

Originally posted by Nipple
And hobbyguy,
that is the point....because some people got the full range of tires like sorex. It is not fair for the begginners.

And as i said..
the race staff have taken the effort to do the race.So if you don't appreciate it. At least shut up.

Last edited by HobbyGuy; 02-06-2002 at 05:55 AM.
Old 02-06-2002, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Default part

where do you guys normally buy the parts for your cars?
i mean the hobby shop?
Old 02-06-2002, 06:47 AM
r32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: TA01/02

Originally posted by serpentboy
Hi There!

Saw that you are intersted in old cars. I have numerous TA01 and TA02 in different body kits. I supposed i can offer you at lots of $$$ price now.

Want to drop by and view?

Email me @ [email protected]

Let me know what you have?
Old 02-06-2002, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Hey hobbyguy...

First you post here that prizes are old stuff and at the RCMC
thread ask why no prizes

You call this talk nicely?

This is more like complaining or very negative comments.
As I said , people are here to do race using their free time. If you don't appreicate or don't want to race so be it.
Why post those comments here and other who see this may lost interest in racing then.
If you got some positive or constructive comments .....we will sure welcome you to Say openly as it will help to improve the race .

And You don't get my point.
For tamiya tires usually only one type can be use.
That means if your car handles with Type-B ....Type A or B-2 will not do well......

Eg. Type A is sorex 24R Type-B is 32 And B2 is 40.
Unlike Sorex or other brand which had lots of compound, Tamiya has only 3 and far apart.....So only 1 type will work and so only need to buy one type for the beginners. But if open Tires, top or rich drivers will use up to 3 different type of tires for different time of the day. So for racer who can't afford to buy 3 different set or have no idea about this, will not be as competitive as those who can.

And we are talking about how to be fair for beginners in Tamiya Race not open race.
And I say again for tamiya tires don't have to buy all 3 types 1 is enough.

I used one set of Type-B for all the outdoor tamiya races last series.

And I have also have sorex,kyosho,hpi,proline,express tires with different inserts. But I chose to use tamiya Type-B cos quite lasting , resonable traction and save some trouble on finding the right tire.

And lastly, About 6-7 years ago when we are still racing at Marine Parade CC RC track. Most of the races then have no prizes at all.
It is a hobby. We race for fun,thrill......not prizes.

Last edited by Nipple; 02-06-2002 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-06-2002, 09:58 PM
r32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To me its a good idea to have control tires for the Tamiya race, only if the tires were cheaper.

Its no point forcing racers to run a certain brand of tire if the tire is more expensive than its alternatives. I don't mean Type A, B or whatever Tamiya tire is no good, because I have never tried them on my car.

What I mean is, perhaps the organizers have to make the control tires rule more attractive to the racers. And to do that is by pricing, since Tamiya doesn't come out with so many different compounds to compete with Sorex or the other brands.

As for me, I am more or less fine with the controlled motor and tire rule as long as pricing comes down significantly from regular retail pricing (given that the retailers would be selling lots of these, bulk discounts may be possible?).
Old 02-06-2002, 10:21 PM
Tech Regular

yes, we are all here to race and have fun.....not to make ugly comments. Hope all u guys think before u write and make it sound less aggressive to the person. Basic courtesy.

Since the rules are confirmed....Nipple, may i know when u can confirm if the type t motor will be handed out or do we have to buy it ourselves?? Need to know so that i dun have to waste money to buy the motor now.

Thank you.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Nipple
And lastly, About 6-7 years ago when we are still racing at Marine Parade CC RC track. Most of the races then have no prizes at all.
It is a hobby. We race for fun,thrill......not prizes.
6-7 years ago is a long time. Situations do change for one reason or another. Since previous OPEN race organisers were able fork out attractive lucky draw prizes to just to show their appreciation for their faithful entrants, so what's the problem with some racers hoping for some better prizes in your CLOSED race?
Old 02-07-2002, 01:21 AM
Tech Regular

Guys,

I think you guys shoud respect the decisions made by Tai Seng, if you feel that you have some constructive statements to make then make it if you just want to bitch about it then do it some where else. If you don't get the message here it is " IT IS NOT HELPING ANYONE". Some of you have genuine concerns and Tai seng is taking it into consideration.

If you feel short changed by the organization then don't join as Nipple has said. We all have that option that is our right.

Cheers

A little less expectation goes a long way in being happy.
Old 02-07-2002, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Nipple,

Being new to racing and new to Singapore (well kind of), could you post the exact address of the racing venue (with a map if possible).

Many thanks.
Old 02-07-2002, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Art,
Check out this URL:
http://streetdirectory.com/map.cgi?x...%20Teck%20Ghee

You joining? I will be going, just hope nothing crops up at the last moment. Can't wait to chase your R

And uh dudes not joining, please take this gently, don't attack this thread and the race. Obviously there are ppl who want to join.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Talking

Thanks viper1 , Alvin....
At least I know there are racers who will appreicate what we are doing.

And about the Motor....
We had a meeting last night at 'double O' hehe...Wah Lau lots of babes there...must go (wednesday Ladies nite).....but not on friday(Gays and lesbian nite)....
Ok back to the meeting....
I talk to the race director about the motor......
As it is very difficult to control and avoid any more complains, we will not hand out the motors. And we will lower the motor price.
Lastly , for those who still have sport tuned or the stock motor, you may use it.As long no motor more then Type-T.

And also the tires insert will be open as it is difficult to have full control of it.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

I apologizes to all who are offended by my words.

Please put yourselves in my shoes....how to you feel when you do a race but people come and criticizes your race.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Nipple,
Regarding the brushes of the motor, are we allowed to run our type of brushes? I want to run the fantom low wear stuff...

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.