Wiki Posts
Search

Recommendation for off-road truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 04:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Recommendation for off-road truck

Hi

I am running a e-firestorm, and my 5 year old son has been playing with it. Though he can control the throttle and reverse well there are still times he tends to press the trigger all the way, causing the vehicle to fly off.

Is there a way to control the speed electronically or any HPI car suitable for kids?

Thanks
Old 02-17-2009, 04:43 AM
A.C
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kiwitan
Hi

I am running a e-firestorm, and my 5 year old son has been playing with it. Though he can control the throttle and reverse well there are still times he tends to press the trigger all the way, causing the vehicle to fly off.

Is there a way to control the speed electronically or any HPI car suitable for kids?

Thanks
adjust the controller to 25% instead of 100%. then even if full throttle, the vehicle will not crash in full force.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi
What is the controller? On the handheld controller i dont see a setting/switch to adjust the %. On the receiver on the car, i also see no such setting.

Does it mean that it is not possible ?

i am using a HPI-Tf1 transmitter.

Originally Posted by A.C
adjust the controller to 25% instead of 100%. then even if full throttle, the vehicle will not crash in full force.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

kiwi ur using the stock AM control from the RTR e-firestorm. to be able to adjust the EPA(End Point position) of the Speed controller u need a better transmitter the most basic 1 is the MX-A from Sanwa
Old 02-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

For the time being, you can zip-tie something to the TF1 throttle trigger and limit the travel. But for most esc, it will heat up when ran constantly on little or half throttle. So do check temp.

Otherwise, pick up a super slow motor and swap out the Firebolt 15T. Slow motors like the silver cans are cheap, and consume less power, which translate into longer run time. (Silver can motor may still be fast in a E-Firestorm for a 5 yr old, though.)