Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/10th ISTC GP Car Races

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 02:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up 1/10th ISTC GP Car Races

Footage shot by Mr. James Wong at the inaugural 1/10th ISTC GP Car Race at the Today's Hobby Speedway.

CLICK HERE

This will ONLY work till 15th October 2003.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:25 AM
Tech Master

where is this Today's Hobby Speedway??
Old 10-08-2003, 03:47 AM
RR
Tech Addict

wow, this track is good and fun...

where is this Mr Lim ?
Old 10-08-2003, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

peng heng,
is this track situated in johore jaya?
Old 10-08-2003, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: 1/10th ISTC GP Car Races

Originally posted by phlim
Footage shot by Mr. James Wong at the inaugural 1/10th ISTC GP Car Race at the Today's Hobby Speedway.

CLICK HERE

This will ONLY work till 15th October 2003.
Phlim,

Nice track....

Is it a open GP race????
Old 10-08-2003, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

Phlim,

Wow, nice!
Looks like every members would like to know where
is this track situated..
Is it open to public??
Old 10-08-2003, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

phlim, thx for the video!!!
where's this place? malaysia? nice friendly track...
Old 10-08-2003, 06:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up Hello everyone, how are you doing today?

The track is situated at Today's Mart, The shop beside this track is Today's Hobby and some of you were at their inaugural 1/8th scale off-road race on their off-road track. This track is simply directly behind the Today's Mart Building while the 1/8th scale off road track is in front.

Using directions given by Danny Teh, you need to head towards Pasir Gudang on the Pasir Gudang Highway. Once you pass the Giant/Marko exit (Marko on the right and Giant on the left), keep to the left, within a short distance you will see 3 petrol stations on your left, pass all the petrol stations and you will see a flyover ahead, filter left at the foot before the flyover and turn left (I notice there was a milestone on the side of the road, not sure if it is in kilometres or miles, but it is labelled with a 9), you will come up to a traffic light, and Today's Mart is already large as life on your right.

I heard that the shop's opening ceremony is this weekend. They ran their inaugural race last Saturday night from 6pm till midnight. If you recognize the faces, they are the same group that gave us the 1/8 off road race.

For High Res Pictures, Click Here.

You will need to register an account with www.imagestation.com to view the pictures, the registration is free. Unlike the streaming video, this doesn't have a time limit.

The straight is about 40 metres long (my personal estimate). There is only one power point, so do remember to bring your own extension cords or you can buy one from Today's Mart The gate has a padlock, but if you push hard enough, it will open There is lights for night driving, but I am not sure if they are left on or if there is a switch in the shop.

It is roughly about 55km from Singapore (Bukit Timah to Track) using the Causeway. And it is about 75km if you take the Second Link. I know because I went up with my good friend, Mr. K. A. Ang on last Sunday afternoon, we went up by the Causeway and came back by the Second Link.

I ran my HPI Pro3 with HPI 33 tires with sponge inserts, very good response, needs to turn the rear a little, I need it to be a tad more stable. We also ran our 12Ls, I was using stock Green dot tires on a 12x3 6 cell - this was fantastics until my rear diff nut got loose.

Not sure if they are going to charge for the use of the track, you can give Zoom a call and ask if they know. If they do charge, I hope they have day membership.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Wow Phlim, can always count on you to give a detailed description of things.... THANKS!!!

How guys? want to check it out one sunday? We go there and push the gate hard hard....
Old 10-08-2003, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Mr Lim is a BeeGee fan!

Any idea when they are gonna hold a race??
Old 10-08-2003, 09:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cool Alamak! Vinyard, how can you?

Now they all know how old I am

Actually, it is becuase I have the mp3 file siting in my HDD, although I have to admit that I am rather old already .
Old 10-08-2003, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Alamak! Vinyard, how can you?

Now they all know how old I am

Actually, it is becuase I have the mp3 file siting in my HDD, although I have to admit that I am rather old already .
Its never too old so long you are young at heart!!
Old 10-09-2003, 06:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up 1/10th Races at Today's Hobby Speedway

Open EP Touring: This Saturday, 11th October 2003, 6pm till midnight. I heard that it is open tires too, but only brushed motors.

Open GP Touring: Next Sunday, 19th October 2003, 9am start.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: 1/10th Races at Today's Hobby Speedway

Open EP Touring: This Saturday, 11th October 2003, 6pm till midnight. I heard that it is open tires too, but only brushed motors.

Open GP Touring: Next Sunday, 19th October 2003, 9am start.
Hi phlim,

who do we register with if we are interested to go?
Old 12-03-2003, 06:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up 1/10th GP Lola races for 2004

To all the guys & gals (if there are any) who had a word of encouragement to Mr. Sunny Hee - please accept my sincerest Thanks. Mr. Sunny Hee has kindly agreed to plan out the usual series, starting on the first Sunday of Feb 2004 for the 1/10th GP Touring & Lola. Please continue to give your support to Mr. Sunny Hee.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.