Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Tamiya Asia Cup 2004 Qualifying >

Tamiya Asia Cup 2004 Qualifying

Tamiya Asia Cup 2004 Qualifying

Old 10-01-2003, 08:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Tamiya Asia Cup 2004 Qualifying

Next year TAC will be held here in singapore, so all drivers do u all hav any suggestions/opinions to share wif us to improve the standard of racing/qualifying?Your frank answer will be appreciated.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

eh stock class only allow MSC....
Old 10-01-2003, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Run the series as close as possible to the actual TAC race, with probably the exceptions of batteries. I would also suggest running tamiya bodyshell, because the handling of each IMO is wildly varied.

Also if possible, follow the rules such as no traction compound, no comm drops no hacking. Perhaps have inspector to check the car. If possible, have the previous heat/main ppl to become the following heat's track marshalls.

And yes like what lonestar mention. Really use MSC + Johnson motor + regulation allowed tires (radials, slicks, semi slicks) to simulate what will be run for the real thing so as to adapt to setup changes for the new tires.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

well said Alvin..... not only can let us familiarise the rulez and can also save costs... kill two bird with one stone
Old 10-01-2003, 11:07 AM
Tech Initiate

It is best that all the rules that officially practiced by TAMIYA should be applied.
Some turnoff factors that can scare away participants could be the bodyshells. Maybe Taising can consider special pricing for Racer goers...
I never seen TA race been fully scrutinized as it should have been like in TCS US...that is if TA Singapore really want to uphold the rules...motor, ride height, weight, illegal modifications, time of start, etc.
Was the ramp for the Rally Class that high as in Thailand? ...
Can we really experience a true world standard TA Race here in Sg?
Old 10-01-2003, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Hmm the bodyshell thing can probably ask taising to consider for this particular year. Need to find a way to run the tamiya bodyshells in the series. So can get used to the handling.

The ramp in thailand was significantly lower than singapore's ramp....

What we need is enough good racers to actually join the Tamiya series. And not always see the same faces in the mains. E.g. from CCKRCMC (Kum Yew lah, Ah M lah) but dun race in tamiya and pretty good.

Can even consider to tag team with other race organizers, to form a "league" or Singapore Team of some sorts just to take on the rest of asia in TAC 2004.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sixpack
It is best that all the rules that officially practiced by TAMIYA should be applied.
Some turnoff factors that can scare away participants could be the bodyshells. Maybe Taising can consider special pricing for Racer goers...
I never seen TA race been fully scrutinized as it should have been like in TCS US...that is if TA Singapore really want to uphold the rules...motor, ride height, weight, illegal modifications, time of start, etc.
Was the ramp for the Rally Class that high as in Thailand? ...
Can we really experience a true world standard TA Race here in Sg?
There are 3 inspectors to inspect cars, 3 ladies incharge of transmitter and transponder at the TAC, not only at Thailand.....

Tai Sing do not have the manpower at the race, that is why we couldn't enforce the rules. If we do enforce it but have no inspection, a lot of problems will arise.

And I thing it should be a progressive type of thing. Look at changes since the first Tamiya Series in Singapore 2 yrs back. And if you guys remember, what are the comments and complain then, when we try to enforce some of the TAC rules.

And Again, if you read the Tamiya thread, every year this type of questions and comments will appear. Asking to enforce some rules, and others will then complain its too expensive....etc.

BORING
Old 10-01-2003, 07:23 PM
Tech Initiate

nip: Yes, you have a point there.

I was wondering, were all those racers in TAC Thailand for example, ever complaining abt the rules (Or even in other parts of the world).
Fact is (in my perception) official rules turns off local racers, n complaining abt it and at the end not joining. So...business wise is not good I suppose.

Yeah, it's hard to decide.

Just my suggestion.
Old 10-02-2003, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hello....

Anyone got picture of the race or not...
Old 10-02-2003, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

news flash from tamiya:

(i got this info after having a long talk with Moto-san and Oshiro-san after TAC in Bangkok)

-There will be no Rally class anymore (reason not disclosed). in fact, the winner of the rally class in TAC this year(Nonthavut of Thailand) will go to japan for the Tamiya Worlds as a participant in the GT-N1 class.

-possible replacements for rally class:

+GT-N1 class( similar to GT class but with parts, battery, body, and motor restrictions)
+F-103LM class( will use the F-103LM pan car chassis and use only the LM bodies)
+M-Chassis( the revival of an old favorite...)

of these 3 possible classes, my favorite is the M-chassis class... hope it gets the nod...
Old 10-02-2003, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

just my 2 cents worth guys...

we have had the same problem before in Philippines. We come home from TAC and we change the rules to mirror as close as possible the TAC rules. Then some will complain that rules too strict, too expensive, not practical, and they will threaten to pull out of the competition.

our solution: Go ahead with the changes! go ahead with the new rules and if some dont like it, the door is open for them to leave... they just make sure the door doesnt hit their ass on the way out.

The only way for us to be competitive in TAC is follow the TAC rules. we cant be competitive in TAC if we use our own set of rules that only caters to what we want.

Example: Look at the Tamiya Series in the US. their only world champs winner to date is in M-chassis class (Raymond Flores) simply because the M-chassis rules in US are similar to the rules for the worlds. the US GT-1 class uses non tamiya batteries and motors just to please those manufacturers. and when they go to japan, they struggle big time coz they have to adapt to rules that are alien to them...

My message to those people who complain too much about the rule changes that will be proposed: "You want to win? Follow the rules!"
Old 10-03-2003, 02:07 AM
Tech Master

F103LM class. I'm up for that!
Old 10-03-2003, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Isn't that coincidence...I also have one...
Is Taising going for it?
Old 10-03-2003, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

how will tamiya provide parts support for the F103 chassis when they have discontinued the model and replaced it wif their 4WD F201 chassis...??

anywayz, it doesn't really matter to me... F103 or M-chassis... i'm game for both!!!

funny, i was just tokking to andrew (from taiseng) the other day and i asked him why singapore dun have a M-chassis class...

i better be careful wat i wish for in future...

Last edited by hellangel; 10-03-2003 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

No Rally class??

WHY??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.