Tamiya TA05 IFS R

Old 09-06-2008, 06:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Tamiya TA05 IFS R

Hi fellow owners of TA05,

I just bought a TA05 IFS R.

Do you have any set up tips to share with me and would be owners of this kit?

Secondly which is the hop up that is a must?

Thanks
Old 09-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

hello, i do not own an IFS R (but I own TA05) so i can't share any exact setup with you. As for hop ups, as far as i know it's already come with all the necessary hop ups you would require for a normal TA05 IFS. but if i were you, i would get the swaybar set and spring set for more tuning options.

and also front oneway/spool depends on your preference but if you're racing 23T stock i strongly recommend oneway.

hope it helps...
Old 09-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Build it. Set it. Run it.

You are going to love the way this car runs. No hopups required, unless you have the extra cash for them.

This car is ready to breathe down everyone else's neck at the track, out of the box.
Alfie

Last edited by Alfie; 10-12-2008 at 03:43 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dodo View Post
hello, i do not own an IFS R (but I own TA05) so i can't share any exact setup with you. As for hop ups, as far as i know it's already come with all the necessary hop ups you would require for a normal TA05 IFS. but if i were you, i would get the swaybar set and spring set for more tuning options.

and also front oneway/spool depends on your preference but if you're racing 23T stock i strongly recommend oneway.

hope it helps...

pardon me how does a spool works? Is that the 18T 1way I should be getting?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Alfie View Post
Build it. Set it. Run it.

You are going to love the way this car runs. No hopups required, unless you have the extra cash for them.

This car is ready breath down everyone else's neck at the track, out of the box.
Alfie
Glad to know that. Will try to build it soon. Just finshed building the F103rm last night.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sexytoy.com.sg View Post
pardon me how does a spool works? Is that the 18T 1way I should be getting?
front spool will lock the front wheels so they spin together at the same rate (sorry i can't find a better way to describe), front oneway will make the front wheels spin independently on cornering/off throttle but lock together on throttle.

what i meant is the front oneway unit, not the 18t oneway pulley.

in general front spool will be the easiest to drive, i personally prefer this when running modified motors.

if you're running stock (23T) or sport tuned, try oneway.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

I intend to fix my kit tomorrow.

What oil and holes set up should I use for the shocks for BK track?

What other setting I need to be aware of? belt tension? Droop?

Many thanks in advance
Old 09-11-2008, 03:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Sexytoy,

Glad to know you're coming back to the racing scene after 6 months of MIA.
So, will I be racing with you in next year's TAC?

LK
Old 09-11-2008, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Old 09-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hello Sexytoy,

Glad to know you're coming back to the racing scene after 6 months of MIA.
So, will I be racing with you in next year's TAC?

LK
Haha...my skill cannot make it lah.. share some top secret tips on how to fix TA05r leh. Now fixing
Old 05-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi All,

I am from Mongolia. I have just completed assembly of TA-05IFS. It took me 3 evenings to finish the assembly. Compare to my previous TT-01 this is real thing. Never tried so cool stuff before. Awesome acceleration superb handling. Kit cost me 200$ from local Tamiya dealer.

Still need some setting advise on it. I only run for few laps in my home on the floor and noticed it is having a lot of oversteer. Is it anything to do with rear differential? Because I tried turning both axles and rear one was bit tight than front. Will negative camber help??
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TA05 IFS R-010520091077.jpg  
Old 05-01-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't have a TA05 but base on your description that your rear wheels don't turn smoothly/easily, I would definitely take a look at that first. Do check belt tension, bearing fittings, bearings condition, sponge pad in the diff cups too thick?
As for negative camber, it will allow the tyre to remain relatively flat to the ground while the chassis roll/tilt during cornering. But speed within your home, I don't will be fast enough to roll the car much if at all.

Cheers!!
Old 05-01-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Narra View Post
Hi All,

I am from Mongolia. I have just completed assembly of TA-05IFS. It took me 3 evenings to finish the assembly. Compare to my previous TT-01 this is real thing. Never tried so cool stuff before. Awesome acceleration superb handling. Kit cost me 200$ from local Tamiya dealer.

Still need some setting advise on it. I only run for few laps in my home on the floor and noticed it is having a lot of oversteer. Is it anything to do with rear differential? Because I tried turning both axles and rear one was bit tight than front. Will negative camber help??
Welcome. Would you like to post some youtube videos of your ta05 running plus any RC track of your country?
Old 05-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Initiate

HI All,

sorry guys I was away in china for few days. I would like to say thanks to everyone who advised me on my car. I will certainly upload the more picture and hopefully video of my car running. Another question is I thought threadless rubber tires has more grip than one with thread. I noticed it is not the case on the bit abbrasive asphalt. Would really threaded tire improving cornering speed?
Old 05-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by somethree View Post
Welcome. Would you like to post some youtube videos of your ta05 running plus any RC track of your country?
Hello

The RC car is getting popular in Mongolia only recently. But I noticed so many people have RC cars in Mongolia. I am thinking to build a track myself in order to collect all RC Car people. Regarding TA-05 I have got still a lot to learn about suspension set up, depending on track conditions. If I organize competition indoor on laminated floor what would be best tire to use? Also what is the proper track size for 1/10 EP cars WxL?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service