Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TA05 IFS R

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 3.141592
There are a lot of things you can do for setups...try to read some articles on weight transfer on a R/C touring car to understand a little more. Or you can try to let me know your current setup and I try to feedback to you.
Tang I have checked all the settings. Length of turn buckles are according to Tamiya instruction book. I am not sure how you will shift the weight in this car because there is not much u can move in there. ESC is sitting right behind the motor and receiver in front of the motor. But they do not weigh much or still some effect? I have tried to reduce understeer by giving negative camber angle of front suspension but felt nothing at all.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Narra
Tang I have checked all the settings. Length of turn buckles are according to Tamiya instruction book. I am not sure how you will shift the weight in this car because there is not much u can move in there. ESC is sitting right behind the motor and receiver in front of the motor. But they do not weigh much or still some effect? I have tried to reduce understeer by giving negative camber angle of front suspension but felt nothing at all.
Hehe..Narra...i am talking weight transfer dynamically (when the car is moving and turning), not static weight.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Hehe..Narra...i am talking weight transfer dynamically (when the car is moving and turning), not static weight.
ooops. he he.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Tang,

And how shall I check that. I probably asking another stup question
Old 07-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi Tang,

I have increased toe-out angle. The handling improved significantly but I am still suffering some understeer problem. Cheers NJ
Old 07-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Tang,

I have increased toe-out angle. The handling improved significantly but I am still suffering some understeer problem. Cheers NJ
What about changing to better tires and adjusting your shocks?
Old 07-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Sexytoy.com.sg
What about changing to better tires and adjusting your shocks?
I am still running on tire which came with it. Any recommendations? I think i have tried different shock settings but did not notice any significant difference. Thanks for the post
Old 07-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

It depends on the track surface. Popular brand here is Sorex 36r and 40r.

The damper oil will also change the way the car handles.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Initiate

It depends on the track surface. Popular brand here is Sorex 36r and 40r.

The damper oil will also change the way the car handles.
OK thanks mate. I am trying to get stuff from AceHobbySinapore but having no luck. can you suggest any other supplier who can supply everything.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Finally got real motor. LRP Sphere Vector X-12 5.5. It looks so great and cool. But hey I can not find sensor cable???? it did not come with ESC and it did not come with motor. what a headache to try to get cable again. Does it make big difference if you connect motor to sensor system in ESC????
Old 07-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

OK thanks mate. I am trying to get stuff from AceHobbySinapore but having no luck. can you suggest any other supplier who can supply everything.
I am not sure if those tires will be able to handle well in your climate. I guess you are better off asking fellow forumer with similar cold climate like your country. If I do drop by mongolia, I can bring them to you and you can treat me to Metropolis.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Initiate

I am not sure if those tires will be able to handle well in your climate. I guess you are better off asking fellow forumer with similar cold climate like your country. If I do drop by mongolia, I can bring them to you and you can treat me to Metropolis.
Hey, welcome man! In fact I have just completed constructing RC track. First RC track in Mongolia. this is asphalt. Surface at some places become bit bumpy I don to know how to fix that. But hey that is a lot of grip. Straight line is 35+ meters. If you do come around I will treat you well. Anyone else who wants to try first RC track in Mong welcome!!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 05:00 AM
Tech Addict

Hey, welcome man! In fact I have just completed constructing RC track. First RC track in Mongolia. this is asphalt. Surface at some places become bit bumpy I don to know how to fix that. But hey that is a lot of grip. Straight line is 35+ meters. If you do come around I will treat you well. Anyone else who wants to try first RC track in Mong welcome!!!!
Any pictures of the track? You can put your brushless into good use. I will try to drop by in november/dec with my ta05ifs and my son HPI cyclone.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Any pictures of the track? You can put your brushless into good use. I will try to drop by in november/dec with my ta05ifs and my son HPI cyclone.
I am still working on corners and kerbs. As soon as I complete i will place picture. But November will be very cold. If you want to come it must be no later than mid September.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

I am still working on corners and kerbs. As soon as I complete i will place picture. But November will be very cold. If you want to come it must be no later than mid September.
Speaking of tire traction, you could try tires warmer and apply liquid tire traction for better traction.

I will pm for details about the trip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.