Search

Question on L.R.P. A.I. Runner Plus Reverse

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 01:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Question on L.R.P. A.I. Runner Plus Reverse

Dear All,

I have an L.R.P. A.I. Runner Plus Reverse. The wire from the speedie to the battery was in Tamiya Plugs. I had then cut top part of the wire away, and had soldered T plugs (deans) on.

The mentioned wire is now shorter than when I first had them. Will I be able to totally remove the current wire and replace it with a new set to my desired length?
Old 05-27-2008, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chin
Dear All,

I have an L.R.P. A.I. Runner Plus Reverse. The wire from the speedie to the battery was in Tamiya Plugs. I had then cut top part of the wire away, and had soldered T plugs (deans) on.

The mentioned wire is now shorter than when I first had them. Will I be able to totally remove the current wire and replace it with a new set to my desired length?
if the batt wire on the esc is soldered externally, then yes. If not, assuming u wana take the risk, open up the esc casing & do the soldering(not advisable unless u r very experienced in soldering jobs on ic chips).

Alternatively, connect extra wires of your desired length & solder to your existing batt wires. Cover the exposed wires with shrink tube. Safer.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:34 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Teinsports,

I know I can strip the existing wire and "extend" it from there.

But I had the idea scraped as it will generate more resistance, as compared to a single wire; thus the lost in performance.

I am actually thinking of opening the case of my ESC to make a singular wire possible. Has anyone done it before on the mentioned ESC?
Old 05-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Chin,

you can open up the casing and solder the new wire onto the circuit board, just have to be very careful with the excess solder. don't let it spill onto the other parts.

personally i'd advice you to extend the wire. yes, there'll be more resistance, but it's negligible, considering the grade of esc that you have. It's not a bad esc, i have a similar one from lrp as well, but if you compare the specifications to higher end escs, the internal resistance is quite alot higher, especially since it has reverse. so unless you don't mind the risk and extra effort, just extending the wire will do yup

zipp
Old 05-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Yea, I was thinking since I'll be running stock, the "extension" method will not have much adverse effects on its performance.

Thanks alot!~