Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotshot viz-a-viz Durga

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 04:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dragster5151
Toonz can become a Durga salesman for tamiya already! haha..

Bro now you still using dirt tuned or silver can? The pinion-gear alignment of the motor shaft length issue solved already? Cheers
if u use the dirt tuned, u can use all the pinion from 16 to 21. of cos in this kit u use the given 23. for as long as the shalf is long, u can use all these pinion.

silvercan/sportuned.....sign.....stuck with the 17! UNLESS u want to get pinions made by other companies but it must be in 48pitch.

goes to show that this bugger is made for a hot can!
Old 02-16-2008, 05:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi, Does the Durga and dark impact use the same pinion gear? What's the street price for a Durga? Got Universal shaft in the front? Thanks!
Old 02-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Teinsports
thanks for the offer bro. But just for your heads up, one of the shops in Orchard is retailing it at oni 230. Will seriously consider, provided i can offload my TC 1st.....
You bought your Durga from that lady in the Orchard shop for S$230? I wanna get 1 too.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:28 AM

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boatman
Hi, Does the Durga and dark impact use the same pinion gear? What's the street price for a Durga? Got Universal shaft in the front? Thanks!
Nope - the Dark Impact uses metric pitch pinions but the Durga is the standard american 48pitch pinions.

From the box no front universals but they are available as an upgrade.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toonz
you should be finished by 0900 AM saturday morning
haha........that is if im whacking thru the nite which i din make it. As the daytime is strictly reserved for my kid, i only managed to finished assembling, incl electronics on Sun 4pm. Damn tired.......but def satisfying. I must say generally, the DB01 chassis n parts are quite good, except for the screws, which is a pain in the arse.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by discoburg
You bought your Durga from that lady in the Orchard shop for S$230? I wanna get 1 too.
nope i got the last pc from BK, slightly more ex but cheaper than the rest. Apparently, the DB01 is currently short on stock, only a few places have them. If u can wait, try calling the lady n reserve 1, cheapest among the lot........
Old 02-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

orite guys,

need some confirmation here with regards to gear ratio.

11.00 = for big tracks with long straights = RPM
8.00 = for smaller, technical tracks = torque

Correct???

Currently, i have an alternate 23T yokomo motor. What ratio wld u guys reckon ? The stock motor is kinda slow to my liking..... im currently using the 17T for the stock motor, as recommended in the manual.

Another qns regarding BL motors. How does the "turns" of a BL equate to a brushed? If im not wrong, a 13.5BL will equate to a 27T brushed. Also tinking of getting a novak 6.5r BL. Any advise/suggestions?

Last edited by Teinsports; 02-17-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:01 PM

orite guys,

need some confirmation here with regards to gear ratio.

11.00 = for big tracks with long straights = RPM
8.00 = for smaller, technical tracks = torque

Correct???

Currently, i have an alternate 23T yokomo motor. What ratio wld u guys reckon ? The stock motor is kinda slow to my liking..... im currently using the 17T for the stock motor, as recommended in the manual.

Another qns regarding BL motors. How does the "turns" of a BL equate to a brushed? If im not wrong, a 13.5BL will equate to a 27T brushed. Also tinking of getting a novak 6.5r BL. Any advise/suggestions?
your gear ratio is the other way around...

higher gear ratios - smaller pinion/larger spur - will yield more torque
lower gear ratios - bigger pinion/smaller spur - will yield more speed

Can't remember what the instructions mentioned but for the stock motor I would think you should go with the bigger pinion instead. Smaller pinions would be for running hotter motors with lower turns.

I think a BL 6.5 motor would be a nice motor to use but you should also get the slipper just to protect the diffs.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BloodClod
your gear ratio is the other way around...

higher gear ratios - smaller pinion/larger spur - will yield more torque
lower gear ratios - bigger pinion/smaller spur - will yield more speed

Can't remember what the instructions mentioned but for the stock motor I would think you should go with the bigger pinion instead. Smaller pinions would be for running hotter motors with lower turns.

I think a BL 6.5 motor would be a nice motor to use but you should also get the slipper just to protect the diffs.
geez, din knw i act screwed up the ratio all this while. So for my yokomo 23t motor, with the 17t & 23t pinion provided, whch wld yield a beta all round performance?
Old 02-18-2008, 05:09 AM

geez, din knw i act screwed up the ratio all this while. So for my yokomo 23t motor, with the 17t & 23t pinion provided, whch wld yield a beta all round performance?
Well... I need to check my manual for the actual ratios for the 23T pinion but I would actually start with the 23T and see if the motor or ESC overheat. 17T yields about gear ratio of 9+ if I remember correctly and I'm running that for my SS5800 which is about a 14 turn (if I remember correctly)?
Old 02-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BloodClod
Well... I need to check my manual for the actual ratios for the 23T pinion but I would actually start with the 23T and see if the motor or ESC overheat. 17T yields about gear ratio of 9+ if I remember correctly and I'm running that for my SS5800 which is about a 14 turn (if I remember correctly)?
here goes, taken straight from the manual
http://www.tamiyausa.com/pdf/manuals/58395ml.pdf

17T = 11.00:1 (recommended for stock motor)
23T = 8.13:1 (recommended for dirt tuned)

With regards to the front & rear diff, there's a screw which allows the tightness to be adjusted. How tight do u turn???? All the way in, then release abt 3/4? Reason i asked, i was bashing ard the basketball court last nite and everytime i tried to skid round & throttle off(court's surface kinda slippery), the rear diff gives off a funny sound(sounds like slippage) b4 gaining traction.

And yes, the stock motor coupled with 17T pinion really CMI. i was like "err......so "fast" ah".

Just curious abt running BL motors. Do u nid to use an esc specially for BL motors(3 wires) as compared to brushed(2 wires)? currently using the MC330 which can handle up to 13turn motor but the wirings seem somewhat diff from a BL setup. http://www.gpdealera.com/cgi-bin/wga...pgm?I=FUTM0932
Old 02-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

on a diff note, has anyone tried bashing thru beach sand? or its not recommended in the 1st place?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

My DB01

Old 02-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

My DB01

Very Nice
Old 02-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

gam xia

can't wait to bash off-road now. perhaps can try turf city.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.