Old 10-18-2001, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Rose,
Most people got their way of runnin in.
For me(just a reference).

First I will break-in the engine.
Just let it idle for about 4 tank (about a hour) at a very rich timing and low rpm and engine should not cut.

After this then I run-in 3/4 trotttle at a rich timing first and slowly when you feel power coming then lean the engine.

(well I have being doing this since Gary Tan taught me 6 yrs ago. and all my engine last more than 10 races but I usually don't lean my engine to the max.)

Well you can go around and ask people for their comment.some will said these is wrong and their way is the correct one and so on...........
Old 10-20-2001, 12:08 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Nipple for the tips. Also thanks to Jack who help me to run-in and tune the engine. I might go to MS again this Monday afternoon to set my 2 speed transmission and also to do little bit more tuning. Thanks again to u guys.
Old 10-20-2001, 02:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Rose Money
Thanks Nipple for the tips. Also thanks to Jack who help me to run-in and tune the engine. I might go to MS again this Monday afternoon to set my 2 speed transmission and also to do little bit more tuning. Thanks again to u guys.
no problem Rose, u can run the engine like it is
and come race day, maybe i can set it up for you again.
for your 2 speed, just try to set up such that when u exit the sweeper into the straight, the 2speed is enaged....
Old 10-20-2001, 03:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Jack

no problem Rose, u can run the engine like it is
and come race day, maybe i can set it up for you again.
for your 2 speed, just try to set up such that when u exit the sweeper into the straight, the 2speed is enaged....
by the way, before u start your car again
pls use threadlock on the engine mount as well as those screw that is threaded into the alum..
if not something like today will happen to you car...
Old 10-23-2001, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

My car crashed very badly just now at MS. It happened during high speed (2nd speed) at the straight where suddenly the car went out by itself and bang the timber and fence very very hard. People over there all get shocked. I was lucky that it only broke the front shock tower. Everybody suspected that the receiver or the controller batt is flatted. But they are wrong because the receiver batts still got 6.34V and I just changed the controller batts this morning. I managed to solved the problem this evening when I wanted to install the fail safe unit. The actual cause was due to the receiver crystal dropped-off. Maybe due to vibration. I had been running electric car for many yrs and never had this problem before. Does u guys had this problem before when running nitro? Is it common when on nitro? Here I can say that this TG10R is damp tough, same like my TB Evo. And it's worth buying.

Jack are u joining the Tamiya gas car race this Sunday? Cause I need someone to become my mechanic.

Last edited by Rose Money; 10-23-2001 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-23-2001, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

don't worry rose......
If u can't find mechcanic , I can help.....
And the front shock tower is guite weak..a lot of people got this problem and we had highlighted it to tamiya japan.
Andrew just special ordered some shock towers from japan.U can get them from tai sing if winnie don't have.
Old 10-23-2001, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Jack are u joining the Tamiya gas car race this Sunday? Cause I need someone to become my mechanic.
no car how to join, like i mention b4, u come sat to practise with us.
i should be playing gas this sat...
gas car tend to have more virabtion than elect.
u should know it last week when you engine came off.
getting a fail safe is a good bet to avoid all this..
Old 10-26-2001, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry I'm unable to go to MS this Saturday. Anyway did guys know what is the best rim to use for nitro car. The one I usually used for electric car seems not tough. It bent though with slight impact.
Old 10-28-2001, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry I'm unable to go to MS this Saturday. Anyway did guys know what is the best rim to use for nitro car. The one I usually used for electric car seems not tough. It bent though with slight impact.
Get the graphite ones...check out with Ben or Winnie... More expensive but more durable too...
Old 10-28-2001, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

graphite rims? serious or not?
i am currently testing eagle racing and ride rims.....looks good till now. dont buy those from techracing....they will deform easily.
Old 10-29-2001, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

in my humble newbie opinion, the ofna rims i'm using are pretty durable, been through alot and they're still in shape.
Old 11-01-2001, 03:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Default HOW THE TAMIYA GAS CAR RACE?

Anyone join the tamiya gas race ?how was it is it fun?very few drivers rite?
Old 11-01-2001, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Joehwee,

You got the JP RS12T from Hobby Place right? How much did u pay for it? Any idea if they have any stock?
Old 11-03-2001, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Friend,
There was 18 drivers at the race.
And there will be a 5 race series next year.
Of course it is fun
Old 11-05-2001, 06:56 AM
Tech Rookie

TAMIYA GAS CAR RACE ON 02 DEC???

Anyone know whether is tat true there is a race on 02 Dec at teck ghee cc?i heard it is on regardless rain or shine seems like taising are pushing very hard on their rc stuff.remember last time when taising never held more than one race per year.now should b the 6th race held by them this year.i heard next year they b even more fierce two races in a month!!!wah!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.