Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 12-31-2005, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orb_dharma
Yup that's what exactly happens when I'm running it.
Batteries used: Sanyo 2300 NiMh / GP 6v Hump Pack
AM 27Mhz receiver / transmitter
Cables seem to be tidy
What else should I be looking out for? Help......Help
Better bring it down to hobby bug for help...it's better to let the boss there to see and feel your problem and solve your problem right away , rather then having a guessing game
Old 01-01-2006, 01:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default looking for a budget motor

hi,
i'm looking for a budget motor with good run time, providing equally good speed n torque. used for carpark bashing. any recommendations?
Old 01-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by csm87
hi,
i'm looking for a budget motor with good run time, providing equally good speed n torque. used for carpark bashing. any recommendations?
try silvercans. good run time, good speed if ran in properly, gear up for torque.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default advice on tires

edit

Last edited by csm87; 01-22-2006 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys...a newbie here just to ask some tips. How & what do you use to clean the motor's amature and brushes and also how often?

Cheers,
gtr206
Old 01-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gtr206
Hi guys...a newbie here just to ask some tips. How & what do you use to clean the motor's amature and brushes and also how often?

Cheers,
gtr206

Welcome gtr206 to the world of RC. It's all about discipline when it comes to 'CLEANING'. Anyway, make a habit of cleaning ur motors before you leave for home. DO NOT FORGET to lubricate the bushings before storing it away.

To clean the motors, use the motor cleaner, Eagle brand is most recommended by myself, but a tad expensive. Tamiya has one too, checkout BK, he has plenty of motor spray. Open up the endbells and pull out the armature, don't forget to remove the brushes first, also remember how many washes there are at each ends of the armarture and don't lose them. Spray the whole armature, inside the endbells, airgun it if a compressor is around, or u can let it dry. Most importantly, DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT BE NEAR TO OPEN FIRE WHEN HAND IS WET WITH MOTOR CLEANER. Ask jake.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nixaad
Welcome gtr206 to the world of RC. It's all about discipline when it comes to 'CLEANING'. Anyway, make a habit of cleaning ur motors before you leave for home. DO NOT FORGET to lubricate the bushings before storing it away.

To clean the motors, use the motor cleaner, Eagle brand is most recommended by myself, but a tad expensive. Tamiya has one too, checkout BK, he has plenty of motor spray. Open up the endbells and pull out the armature, don't forget to remove the brushes first, also remember how many washes there are at each ends of the armarture and don't lose them. Spray the whole armature, inside the endbells, airgun it if a compressor is around, or u can let it dry. Most importantly, DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT BE NEAR TO OPEN FIRE WHEN HAND IS WET WITH MOTOR CLEANER. Ask jake.
Hey nixaad, thanks for the tips. This will really help me lots. I hope Jake is alright dude...thanks again.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:34 PM
sty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gtr206
Hey nixaad, thanks for the tips. This will really help me lots. I hope Jake is alright dude...thanks again.
Jake is alright. Thanks to the hero of the day and that is nixaad. Btw, gtr 206, my motor is already not of that "Superior quality" anymore. Should not waste to much money on it. If u r seriously going to race, should get afew new ones and prep them for race. In racing, everything counts starting from the motors, batts, setups and tyres. Will pop by tomorrow at BK to see u race.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sty
Jake is alright. Thanks to the hero of the day and that is nixaad. Btw, gtr 206, my motor is already not of that "Superior quality" anymore. Should not waste to much money on it. If u r seriously going to race, should get afew new ones and prep them for race. In racing, everything counts starting from the motors, batts, setups and tyres. Will pop by tomorrow at BK to see u race.
Hi sty, your motor is alright and running fine. I'm pretty happy with it and thanks. Also thanks for all your support...see you 2morrow...
Old 01-09-2006, 05:28 AM
Tech Adept

Default QNS!

hi
anyone know if petrol can be used in the engine?
Old 01-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Zapping Batteries

I want to start making my own battery packs. If I buy a brick of unzapped & unmatched batteries, how do I zap and match them? I have a voltmeter.

Thanks,
jdcadman
Old 01-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wei25
hi
anyone know if petrol can be used in the engine?
NO!!! that's one sure way to screw up the engine. use only nitro fuel available from your lhs, nothing else!
Old 01-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Tech Adept

hi jdcadman,

not sure about the zapping part. but the matching process involves discharging a fully charged cell at a fixed amp (eg 30, 35A) and measuring the average voltage for the discharge cycle. the cellls are then matched primarily according to their voltage, with other factors such as internal resistance and runtime considered also.

but to do all that u will need one of those sofisticated batt matching machines, and they're very expensive

a voltmeter won't work because it only measures the current voltage. what's important in cell matching is the discharge curve (ie voltage plotted against time) at a fixed amp draw. generally the higher the average voltage, the better the battery

cheers!

Originally Posted by jdcadman
I want to start making my own battery packs. If I buy a brick of unzapped & unmatched batteries, how do I zap and match them? I have a voltmeter.

Thanks,
jdcadman
Old 01-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

found this article about battery zapping:

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/print-parttwo-48.htm

actually not that much about battery zapping itself, but some very interesting articles there, especially the memory effect one:

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-33.htm
Old 01-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

Default sleeve resize

Hello,

Does anybody know where in singapore that able to do resize for 12 size engine?? Or sending to somewhere?

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.