Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 12-08-2005, 05:11 AM
  #1351  
Tech Adept
 
zipp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 167
Default

hey guys what time does s'wan model open tomorrow? or everyday of the week for that matter. thanks in advance
zipp is offline  
Old 12-08-2005, 05:45 AM
  #1352  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 25
Default time.

Originally Posted by zipp
hey guys what time does s'wan model open tomorrow? or everyday of the week for that matter. thanks in advance
hi zipp.12pm-8pm.sometime the store is closed for a short while.jus need to wait.cheers
traxxas is offline  
Old 12-09-2005, 05:18 PM
  #1353  
Tech Adept
 
KickStart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 119
Default

hi all...

i'm new to this hobby... so anyone can gimme suggestions on which 1/8 buggy to get? some of my frens told me HoBao is a good bargain... anyone got any comments?
KickStart is offline  
Old 12-09-2005, 06:10 PM
  #1354  
Tech Adept
 
roadbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Turf City or SK Track
Posts: 220
Default

Originally Posted by zipp
hey guys what time does s'wan model open tomorrow? or everyday of the week for that matter. thanks in advance
it is closed on Sunday...fyi.
roadbuster is offline  
Old 12-09-2005, 08:54 PM
  #1355  
Tech Adept
 
zipp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 167
Default

thanks
zipp is offline  
Old 12-11-2005, 02:28 AM
  #1356  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
csm87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Farrer Park
Posts: 328
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by csm87
hi singapore racers
i'm currently looking for a cheap, fast and efficient charger. i'm wondering if the Ansmann ACX2 Delta-Peak 2 Hr Charger is a good choice. its going for $28 at stargek. i'm wonder what its pros n cons are. currently charging 1700mah ansmann battery packs n GP3300 stick packs. plz post ur comments.
Thnx a lot, i appreciate it

if u're not sure abt which charger i'm talking abt, plz follow this link:
http://www.modelmaniacsonline.co.uk/...r&ManCode=ACX2
plz post ur comments thanks
csm87 is offline  
Old 12-19-2005, 05:02 AM
  #1357  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 23
Default charger

hi..looking 4 a charger costing ard $100 to charge TX,RX batt , lead acid...what i know is to charge lead acid need ard 5amp ? saw the hitec cg330...izit gd?
bluemoon39 is offline  
Old 12-19-2005, 08:57 PM
  #1358  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sing-a-land
Posts: 23
Default 1/8 Buggy

Originally Posted by KickStart
hi all...

i'm new to this hobby... so anyone can gimme suggestions on which 1/8 buggy to get? some of my frens told me HoBao is a good bargain... anyone got any comments?
Im new too ..... just got a Hyper 7 .... Kind of a good car for beginner but too fast for me to handle. Options are below:
Sacker - $500 est
Hyper 7 - $650 est
X1CR - $700 est
Kyo 777 - $1k est
Kyo 7.5 - $800 est
Caster zx1 - $650 est
Decision is up to You....
james70 is offline  
Old 12-26-2005, 06:19 AM
  #1359  
Tech Adept
 
kavo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SG
Posts: 107
Default Help needed for APEXm+ (MU PLUS)

Hi,

I am using a APEXm+ (MU PLUS) charger, and I was wondering if it is normal for the wire connector head(from the charger) which is connecting to the transformer(the default blue color one) to be very hot while charging?

The connector head was so hot that it turned from white to yellow.

If I remembered correctly, previously it was not very hot..

Picture of connector
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ctor-black.jpg

http://www.apexhk.com/mup.html

Last edited by kavo; 12-27-2005 at 05:47 AM.
kavo is offline  
Old 12-27-2005, 10:19 AM
  #1360  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 97
Default

Most probably the contacts have worn out/loosen over time, just replace with some good ones. Those are similar to tamiya connectors, and they don't last well.
Just Gundam is offline  
Old 12-27-2005, 04:58 PM
  #1361  
Tech Adept
 
kavo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SG
Posts: 107
Default

Originally Posted by Just Gundam
Most probably the contacts have worn out/loosen over time, just replace with some good ones. Those are similar to tamiya connectors, and they don't last well.
Thank for the reply. Will try to change the connectors first and see how..

At first i thought was Apex V12 switching power suppy faulty.. Or maybe should i get a new transformer instead of using the default one from Apex?
kavo is offline  
Old 12-31-2005, 04:20 AM
  #1362  
Tech Apprentice
 
orb_dharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 83
Default Servo Problems Encountered

Hi, I'm new & need advice on problems I've encountered with my servos mounted on my 1/10 nitro car. The problem is that the servo flickers when I'm running it making it run inconsistently. I don't suspect crossing of channels as I'm normally playing alone with fresh batteries. I've so far changed two new servos for the trottle/brake levers but still encounter the same problem. Can the pros out there advice me on the likely causes for this & how I can rectify the problem. Thanxs
orb_dharma is offline  
Old 12-31-2005, 06:35 AM
  #1363  
Tech Regular
 
E.T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: $ $ $ $ $ $
Posts: 315
Default

Originally Posted by orb_dharma
Hi, I'm new & need advice on problems I've encountered with my servos mounted on my 1/10 nitro car. The problem is that the servo flickers when I'm running it making it run inconsistently. I don't suspect crossing of channels as I'm normally playing alone with fresh batteries. I've so far changed two new servos for the trottle/brake levers but still encounter the same problem. Can the pros out there advice me on the likely causes for this & how I can rectify the problem. Thanxs
You mean the trottle servo Glitches during running?? What kinda batteries u use? NiMh?? Checked & tidy up the cable linking to the rx with a cable tie, it could help.
E.T. is offline  
Old 12-31-2005, 01:56 PM
  #1364  
Tech Apprentice
 
orb_dharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 83
Default Servo Glitches

Originally Posted by E.T.
You mean the trottle servo Glitches during running?? What kinda batteries u use? NiMh?? Checked & tidy up the cable linking to the rx with a cable tie, it could help.
Yup that's what exactly happens when I'm running it.
Batteries used: Sanyo 2300 NiMh / GP 6v Hump Pack
AM 27Mhz receiver / transmitter
Cables seem to be tidy
What else should I be looking out for? Help......Help
orb_dharma is offline  
Old 12-31-2005, 02:23 PM
  #1365  
Tech Apprentice
 
zaRt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Jurong West
Posts: 66
Default

hey not only u on gp car....i oso on ep car does happen...even on full charge...usuali happen wif my servo...i even put extra batts for my receiver
zaRt is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.