Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 12-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zaRt
do you guys usually solder ur connector to the batteries or use connectors lyke deans or tamiya connectors??..
i assume u meant direct soldering vs plugs like deans?

well the pros direct solder (wire soldered directly onto a tab soldered to the battery). but no doubt it's a hassle, and the resistance u lessen is so minute, it shouldn't worry anyone cept world class racers.

plugs is the way to go! but choose those good ones, like deans. don't use tamiya plugs, they are no good for high amp use, heat up too much (high resistance), and u don't want that to happen.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool Tyre for Turf city

Dear all,

Please advice on your view of the most suitable tyre of choice for 1/8 buggy on the Turf city track.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Newbie

Hi,
I too looking for 1. Me also newbie here. Options are (pro set):

Sacker - $500 est
Hyper 7 - $650 est
X1CR - $700 est
Kyo 777 - $1k est
Kyo 7.5 - $800 est
Caster zx1 - $600 est
Xray XB8r - $850 est
Xray XB8 - $1.2k est

Correct me if price is wrong. Its just my estimated figure.
Choice is yours. Me still have not decide yet.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by emasmim
Dear all,

Please advice on your view of the most suitable tyre of choice for 1/8 buggy on the Turf city track.

bow tie?
Old 12-02-2005, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ultra_Magnus
i have never heard of the roadrunner . But its normal that the proline ones somtimes do not fit. Mine once was too long so i cut my own wheel shell.

That's because u got a 200mm shell instead of 190mm shell.. DOH!
Old 12-02-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by zipp
i assume u meant direct soldering vs plugs like deans?

well the pros direct solder (wire soldered directly onto a tab soldered to the battery). but no doubt it's a hassle, and the resistance u lessen is so minute, it shouldn't worry anyone cept world class racers.

plugs is the way to go! but choose those good ones, like deans. don't use tamiya plugs, they are no good for high amp use, heat up too much (high resistance), and u don't want that to happen.

let me add... Tamiya plugs melt and will fused together. Somebody go knock those japs head a little, make good cars, but make lousy connectors.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

hi every0ne.. g0t a few questi0ns.. do you guys usually solder ur connector to the batteries or use connectors lyke deans or tamiya connectors??..
i got a xpress roadrunner kit fr0m someone..looks lyke nobody out there use this kit.. things made me confuse..i mount proline or tamiya bodyshell 1/10 seems lyke doesnt fit this xpress kit..the bodyshell is longer than the kit..does this kit has the same scale lyke those other 1/10 kit??
Is this your kit? www.rc-xpress.com.

If it is, then yes, it seems shorter, this was my first kit. 1/10 shell or 190mm shells will fit, just that u mark the body post and make sure the wheel are aligned. Spares can be traced back to WHS. Cheers!
Old 12-02-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nixaad
Is this your kit? www.rc-xpress.com.

If it is, then yes, it seems shorter, this was my first kit. 1/10 shell or 190mm shells will fit, just that u mark the body post and make sure the wheel are aligned. Spares can be traced back to WHS. Cheers!
yes...im using this kit..duno leh the box there put Xpress Roadrunnner(see bel0w for pics)...tenks nixaad...yea can find spare parts at last...old car rite? wats the original price aniway?...hey im using 190mm shell still lyke my car longer...aniway i experiment alredi...i will use deans for connector..deans all the way!!..
Attached Thumbnails Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!-dscf1288.jpg   Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!-dscf1289.jpg  

Last edited by zaRt; 12-18-2005 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Default cant move

hi all..new to RC so plz help..my kit is a R40..engine started but car cant move..suspect to b clutch nv engage..what should i do ar?send to where to repair cos i duno how...
Old 12-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

yes...im using this kit..duno leh the box there put Xpress Roadrunnner(see bel0w for pics)...tenks nixaad...yea can find spare parts at last...old car rite? coz i got from someone for $70 (never run be4) onli...lyke s0 cheap than 0ther kit...wats the original price aniway?..haha..mayb the seller very rich liao..he 0s0 th0se white ppl come 2 sp0re work here...hey im using 190mm shell still lyke my car longer...aniway i experiment alredi...i will use deans for connector..deans all the way!!..
Well, one thing for sure, it's not recommended for beginners as this car need alot of fine tunings to properly run. It's made in HK anyway and is very light than most of the kits out there. I can't remember the original price, check with winnie. Don't run this car anywhere unless at the track, because the car is fragile.

cheers!
Old 12-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default looking for a budget charger

hi singapore racers
i'm currently looking for a cheap, fast and efficient charger. i'm wondering if the Ansmann ACX2 Delta-Peak 2 Hr Charger is a good choice. its going for $28 at stargek. i'm wonder what its pros n cons are. currently charging 1700mah ansmann battery packs n GP3300 stick packs. plz post ur comments.
Thnx a lot, i appreciate it

if u're not sure abt which charger i'm talking abt, plz follow this link:
http://www.modelmaniacsonline.co.uk/...r&ManCode=ACX2
Old 12-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default charger

hey ppl...gonna buy charger..but got a few question be4 i go rc shoppin if i buy a charger which need 12v power source..where can i find 12v lead batteries or any 12v battery?? im thinkin of chargin my 6 cells other than use main power supply.. where and how much roughly the 12v batts...plus 12v charger..going for budget type..
Old 12-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Default HPI

Originally Posted by bluemoon39
hi all..new to RC so plz help..my kit is a R40..engine started but car cant move..suspect to b clutch nv engage..what should i do ar?send to where to repair cos i duno how...
have you tried adjusting the clutch slippage?If all your systems are doing fine then you can try adjusting it.Other tutorials you can try the hpi website.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey ppl...gonna buy charger..but got a few question be4 i go rc shoppin if i buy a charger which need 12v power source..where can i find 12v lead batteries or any 12v battery?? im thinkin of chargin my 6 cells other than use main power supply.. where and how much roughly the 12v batts...plus 12v charger..going for budget type..
I am posting for a friend, he is selling his power supply of 12DC power supply at $60.00. Not worth to buy battery as main power source, it will drain out very fast. Please call him at HP 91823844
Old 12-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bluemoon39
bring it down to the local track. sure a lot of kakis there to help u.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.