Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 11-17-2005, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Hey all, man am i glad to see that the r/c community in sg is still very much alive and well! started rc 5 years ago and stopped after a year. used to race electric on road.. them kawada and tamiya races, anybody remember them? haha. then gradually the places i frequented died out, namely the carpark track at taman jurong and zoom rcm, located at jurong east, then moved to bukit batok, now heard bankrupt. so i wasn't really expecting much when i decided to do a search on r/c in singapore.. But somehow i stumbled onto the taising site, then to RCI site and there! the link to here.

so, having been away for so long, my thumbs are really starting to twitch!( i use stick controller u see..) but alas, i need a stepping stone back into the community. need to know the still surviving r/c shops around and the tracks that're open. heard offroad's taking off recently? some info bout that would be greatly appreciated as well.

this is what i know:
SHOPS:
1. hobbylink- serpent,xray,rb engines
2. toykar- kyosho
3. shop at queenstown track?

TRACKS:
1. the one at queenstown?
2. sembawang?
3. east coast big track

cheers!
Old 11-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by zipp
Hey all, man am i glad to see that the r/c community in sg is still very much alive and well! started rc 5 years ago and stopped after a year. used to race electric on road.. them kawada and tamiya races, anybody remember them? haha. then gradually the places i frequented died out, namely the carpark track at taman jurong and zoom rcm, located at jurong east, then moved to bukit batok, now heard bankrupt. so i wasn't really expecting much when i decided to do a search on r/c in singapore.. But somehow i stumbled onto the taising site, then to RCI site and there! the link to here.

so, having been away for so long, my thumbs are really starting to twitch!( i use stick controller u see..) but alas, i need a stepping stone back into the community. need to know the still surviving r/c shops around and the tracks that're open. heard offroad's taking off recently? some info bout that would be greatly appreciated as well.

this is what i know:
SHOPS:
1. hobbylink- serpent,xray,rb engines
2. toykar- kyosho
3. shop at queenstown track?

TRACKS:
1. the one at queenstown?
2. sembawang?
3. east coast big track

cheers!

Welcome back!

Well, since you've been gone for a long time, why not take abit longer time to read thru the forums regarding the tracks and shops. It's been posted over & over again, just hope that one day, mebbe that one fine day, when the mods not busy racing, they'll try to make a thread for the tracks/shops location and stickify it. That one fine day......

cheers!!

Old 11-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

hi nixaad,

thanks. i managed to find the search button and basically familiarise myself with the forum stuff here. have found what i wanted.

reading through the treads i noted the friendliness and willingness to share info among many forumers here, which is good! compared to other forums i've been to (non-r/c ones), this has gotta be one of the more objective ones as people are patient and ever willing to share information. there's definitely alot less flaming here, if at all? and alot more useful talk. great, really.

cheers!
Old 11-22-2005, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Zipp

Yeah those Kawada and Tamiya races are fond memories !
So are you planning to make a comeback ?
Old 11-22-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

yep of course! thumbs itching like crazy.

car's still intact, an antique xray T1, the first generation xray for u guys who haven't a clue. the FK'05 is the 5th generation already! but nevermind..takumi in initial d beat newer skylines and evos with his trusty AE86.. err hope i'll be able to be competent with my rusty T1 haha!

now i just need batteries. not surprising that my old packs all died. 3 sanyo 3000s and 1 panasonic 3000. my NiCDs are still fine, goes to show that those were the days where NiMH technology wasn't really quite there yet

found the EP hotspot-HCI. but was kinda disappointed that the crowd has shrunk, 20+ for open and 10 for stock?? what happened to the good 'ol days of kawada racing where there were 5 mains and 20+ more who didn't qualify?!

anyway i'll try going back to stock racing first for now, wait till after NS got money then maybe try out modified EP or nitro 1/10. love racing lah, where's the biggest racing crowd?
Old 11-23-2005, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default hi all... pls advice...

hi all,
i'm new in rc... & i need some advice... i'm planning to buy a second hand tlt-01 rock buster from a guy... he's quoting e these prices for the following stuff:

Car kit - $220

Futaba 2PL set TX, RX and 2 - $50

ESC - $100 (My is a Novak Rooster - expensive type, new cost $250)

Charger - Can charge 4-8 cells and digital LCD display accept both AC/DC max 5.5A also can charge NiCd and Mmh - $100 (new cost $150)

can someone advice me on their prices? cos i really dunno much abt e electronics..

thanks...
Old 11-24-2005, 01:19 AM
Tech Elite

what are the famous brand 1:8 buggy at singapore.. what ranking are the jammin x1cr..
Old 11-24-2005, 03:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ^zed^
hi all,
i'm new in rc... & i need some advice... i'm planning to buy a second hand tlt-01 rock buster from a guy... he's quoting e these prices for the following stuff:

Car kit - $220

Futaba 2PL set TX, RX and 2 - $50

ESC - $100 (My is a Novak Rooster - expensive type, new cost $250)

Charger - Can charge 4-8 cells and digital LCD display accept both AC/DC max 5.5A also can charge NiCd and Mmh - $100 (new cost $150)

can someone advice me on their prices? cos i really dunno much abt e electronics..

thanks...

Very reasonable prices for the items... now its just a matter of viewing its condition and deciding for yourself if you will pay the price stated for its current state...
Old 11-25-2005, 12:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Default trouble starting

hi all, i m into GP cars n now got a prob of starting..i m using hand starter..the prob is the flywheel below where should i crank?let me put it tis way..i m looking at the car from the side(my left side is back of car,my right side is front of car)...the fly wheel should turn clk or anti clk?

2ndly i tried cranking lots of time till my exhaust is filled wif some nitro..poured out the nitro liao...but engine part seems to leak abit...wat should i do to it?remove all the nitro 1st?
Old 11-25-2005, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

hmmm... its easier for me to show u then explain. Why not we meet? I can help u fix if u dun mind...
Old 11-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool turbo engines n turbo plugs

hello guys have two questions..... wat does it means by turbo engine n non turbo??? turbo plug n non turbo plug as i noe car engines has a turbo-charger, meaning the rc engine has a microscorpic turbocharger at the exhaust manifold hehe pls fill mi in on this... reply greatly appreciated
Old 11-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

i believe that it is very easy to distinguish a turbo engine on the tracks by its significant high pitch noise. A turbo engine would have a better pick up/acceleration. A turbo engine would have a turbo plug. A turbo plug is slightly longer than the normal plug. A normal engine cannot be fitted with a turbo plug becuz the plug may hit the piston. However i have heard of conversions from OS engines which converts the typical .12size engines into a turbo .12size engines by fitting a spacer or some sort under the head.

Turbo chargers are another thing. Try novarossi website. They invented and sell turbochargers for cars..
Old 11-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default icic

thx magnus... no wonder my engine so fast n noisy tat means mine is a power turbo engine... haha buai pai say...mi new to rc let mi how lian abit
Old 11-27-2005, 06:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Unhappy batteries

hi every0ne.. g0t a few questi0ns.. do you guys usually solder ur connector to the batteries or use connectors lyke deans or tamiya connectors??..
i got a xpress roadrunner kit fr0m someone..looks lyke nobody out there use this kit.. things made me confuse..i mount proline or tamiya bodyshell 1/10 seems lyke doesnt fit this xpress kit..the bodyshell is longer than the kit..does this kit has the same scale lyke those other 1/10 kit??
Old 11-27-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

i have never heard of the roadrunner . But its normal that the proline ones somtimes do not fit. Mine once was too long so i cut my own wheel shell.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.