Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 10-28-2004, 01:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by firegarden
For PA 1/8 track at East Coast I think it's $120 for the first year then $80 for the subsequent years. I'm thinking of joining as a member but dun know if it's worth it.
that's quite expensive, do they have a separate track for 1/10? where do you run your car then?
Old 10-28-2004, 02:45 AM

I think also can run 1/10 on that track. I run 1/8 so no choice have to run at Kallang carpark. I'm not a member so can't run at the PA track. Dunno if I should join as a member also. The price may be ex but if it's got lots of benifits, then I wouldn't mind paying. Maybe somebody can update us on what can be expected for members. The last I heard all RC activities at the track must stop at 1930 HRS. If now the time has been extended then it's worthwhile.

Anyway I'll be trying out my MRX3 at kallang carpark on Sat morning. Anybody is free to join me...hehe. Me newbie at 1/8. Will be the first time I really push the car.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

would have been nice to join you but my car is 1/10, and kallang is quite far from me by bus, don't even know how to get there hehehe. newbie in 1/8? so you've been playing RC before except its in a different scale, 1/10 perhaps?
Old 10-28-2004, 03:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by prgervacio
would have been nice to join you but my car is 1/10, and kallang is quite far from me by bus, don't even know how to get there hehehe. newbie in 1/8? so you've been playing RC before except its in a different scale, 1/10 perhaps?
dude,.. u can try nacos at upper thomson road. or Sembawang there's a new track there. go search the forum.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:26 AM
sty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think also can run 1/10 on that track. I run 1/8 so no choice have to run at Kallang carpark. I'm not a member so can't run at the PA track. Dunno if I should join as a member also. The price may be ex but if it's got lots of benifits, then I wouldn't mind paying. Maybe somebody can update us on what can be expected for members. The last I heard all RC activities at the track must stop at 1930 HRS. If now the time has been extended then it's worthwhile.

Anyway I'll be trying out my MRX3 at kallang carpark on Sat morning. Anybody is free to join me...hehe. Me newbie at 1/8. Will be the first time I really push the car.
Last time use to be a member of PA track. During the old days, anybody also can go and play whether you are members or not, felt really stupid to pay while people can play without paying. Now I guess they have improve by locking up the gate. For 1/8, you must run there lah, it is the only proper track for 1/8 where you can full ball your car on the sweeper kicking in your 2nd speed and see it zoom down to the long straight. That is a pretty dangerous move but if you pull it through, you can feel the blood rush up to your brains.

Running 1/8 in carpark is wasting time cos for a 200m carpark, the moment you full ball the car and it kicks in the 2nd speed, you have to slow the car down cos it already reaches the end. That is how fast a 1/8 can go. Please be careful when you try your car on sat cos a bigger pebble will be able to sent your car flying into the air.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:31 AM
sty
Tech Addict

Since you are running a Kyosho, you can always go down to the hobbybug track in Marina South as that is the homeground of the Kyosho cars and the track is also free. There is also a food court beside where you can eat and drink there. But be careful, once you play in track, there will be a high chance of breaking things cos the wood dividers and side walls are there to make sure that you can drive within the tracks.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by nixaad
dude,.. u can try nacos at upper thomson road. or Sembawang there's a new track there. go search the forum.
read about nacos, don't know how to get to upper thomson rd,as for sembawang, dunno how to get there by bus. hehe
Old 10-28-2004, 09:10 AM

Yes I had a 1/10 cheapo nitro buggy and a 1/10 electric truck. Gave up for many years till now.

Anyway I'll be sure to check the carpark for any debris before full throttling the car.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:24 AM
Tech Adept

Firegarden, are you staying in Bedok? Your nick sounds very familiar to me...
Old 10-28-2004, 10:47 AM

Originally posted by 4Wheeler
Firegarden, are you staying in Bedok? Your nick sounds very familiar to me...
Yes I staying in the Bedok area. Who you???
Old 10-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default HPI body

anyone know where I can buy a HPI 200 mm bodies? preferably a nissan skyline R34? around how much?
Old 10-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: HPI body

anyone know where I can buy a HPI 200 mm bodies? preferably a nissan skyline R34? around how much?
Try "Tai Sing", they have most of the HPI cover.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:32 PM
sty
Tech Addict

Default Re: HPI body

You can buy it at Nacos in Upper Thomson Road, Tai Seng in North Bridge Road and Hobbybug in Marina Square. As for prices, I have pm them to you cos it is abit sensitive to talk about prices here.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

Yes I staying in the Bedok area. Who you???
Just to confirm further, you're non-chinese & non-malay??

Who else among your buddies that you know are playing with rc stuff?
I'm pretty sure you can figure out....
Old 10-28-2004, 11:33 PM

Eh??? Dunno leh??? PM me lah. Dun chat here. Most of my friends gave up lah on RC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.