Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 01-08-2016, 06:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation

Hi guys, a newbie seeking help here . My kyosho has been around for nearly 10 years now and I hope to revive it.. however, it seems like it has some problems.. may I know where can I take it to repair?
Old 01-08-2016, 09:26 AM
Tech Rookie

where can I find a good TX ?
Old 01-09-2016, 09:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by zaydensiew
Hi guys, a newbie seeking help here . My kyosho has been around for nearly 10 years now and I hope to revive it.. however, it seems like it has some problems.. may I know where can I take it to repair?
Toykar at forum galleria would probably be able to help you
Old 01-09-2016, 09:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by big cannon
where can I find a good TX ?
Most of the local hobby shops will have a range of selection for you.
Really depends on your definition of "good".
Old 01-14-2016, 08:27 PM
Tech Rookie

hi all im a total newbie. recently i was at bugis+ i i saw a RC competition and it kind of interest me.

so i am wondering for someone who have little knowledge of RC car. after reading up how do i go about starting it?

do i get a whole car or do i assemble it?

any recommendation?!

thanks all
Old 01-15-2016, 01:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

A good place to start is knowing what kind of vehicle you like to run, whether it's onroad of offraod. For offroad here's a good youtube channel to start:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ShortCourseWorld

For onroad you can check out urban playspace at fortune centre that's just behind bugis+. They have a track n hobby shop there. Have fun!

Originally Posted by zalaxz
hi all im a total newbie. recently i was at bugis+ i i saw a RC competition and it kind of interest me.

so i am wondering for someone who have little knowledge of RC car. after reading up how do i go about starting it?

any recommendation?!

thanks all
Old 01-15-2016, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zalaxz

any recommendation?!

thanks all
The main types are touring, drifting, off-road. then there are the sizes of the vehicles: 1/10 aka small, 1/8 medium, 1:5 large.
Go on YouTube and watch the videos and see which ones u prefer.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Mounting speed control caps

I looking for information on where to mount my speed control capacitors on my b5m (hobbywing quicrun speed control). Is it ok if I mount them to my servo? There is a perfect place for them behind my shorty servo (futaba 9550) but I am concerned about any interference I may encounter mounting them there. Any advice is appreciated!
Old 01-16-2016, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Welcome to the B5m club!

Yup you can. I mount my receiver on my servo. If you're running at Segar track see you soon!

Cheers!
Gab

Originally Posted by DennisNyholm
I looking for information on where to mount my speed control capacitors on my b5m (hobbywing quicrun speed control). Is it ok if I mount them to my servo? There is a perfect place for them behind my shorty servo (futaba 9550) but I am concerned about any interference I may encounter mounting them there. Any advice is appreciated!
Old 01-17-2016, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Extra fan

Hi guys,

Can anybody please help me understanding how to wire a second fan on a 4wd buggy?

I've seen that some people use an extra fan on 1:10 off road buggies next to the motor. I am just wondering how to do the wiring, can 2 fans be connected to the esc? I think the extra fan should be connected to the receiver but I am not sure if this is the right way of doing it. My receiver has 4 ports, to which one should it be connected? what would you use to stick it to the chassis?
Also would it make a difference if I used a 30mmx30mm instead of a 25x25mm? would the bigger one somehow overload the esc?

Any help would be useful.

Cheers

Last edited by asalas; 01-17-2016 at 05:15 PM. Reason: missing info
Old 01-20-2016, 03:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asalas
Hi guys,

Can anybody please help me understanding how to wire a second fan on a 4wd buggy?

I've seen that some people use an extra fan on 1:10 off road buggies next to the motor. I am just wondering how to do the wiring, can 2 fans be connected to the esc? I think the extra fan should be connected to the receiver but I am not sure if this is the right way of doing it. My receiver has 4 ports, to which one should it be connected? what would you use to stick it to the chassis?
Also would it make a difference if I used a 30mmx30mm instead of a 25x25mm? would the bigger one somehow overload the esc?

Any help would be useful.

Cheers
U can connect the extra fan to yr receiver. Channel 1 & 2 is used for thottle and steering so whichever other channels are free can use. Size doesn't affect.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New to drifting after hong kong trip

Hello all!

Recently got into drifting after watching a some guys at bugis+ last weekend or so.

So of course itchy fingers and no research later landed myself a Sakura D4 from 3racing.

long story short. how do i drift? haha it seems all i'm doing is spinning around. from what i know is RWD is differant than 4wd... anyone able to help? or recommend some place where i could visit and learn from the masters?
Old 01-29-2016, 07:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Guys, I know this question has been asked before but the threads looked quite old. I've just moved to Singapore and bought my first off-road RC car. Besides turf club, where are other places to race or just drive around without causing problems with the public?
Old 02-01-2016, 12:17 AM
Tech Regular

You can check out the paid astro track at Urban Playspace at Bugis. Also the free dirt track next to the jogging track near 480A Segar Road. Have fun!

Gab
Old 02-02-2016, 08:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

greetings need to know what pull start(from other engines) fit the Ofna force .28 engine

thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.