Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 07-08-2014, 07:14 PM
  #4531  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Yishun, Singapore
Posts: 21
Default

I figured while playing around with the stock servo. White on the inside black on the right. The only issue i have now is that the esc is doing throttle at +60 throttle trim. I need to recalibrate it i think.

Thanks btw.

Originally Posted by smokin17
black or brown is the negative wire.
richmondsir is offline  
Old 07-21-2014, 05:12 PM
  #4532  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
gabc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Entry Level Buggy/Truggy

Hey guys, what do you think of getting the Kyosho Rage Ve as an Entry Level Buggy/Truggy? Saw it at Toykar going for $399. A pretty cool looking car!
gabc is offline  
Old 07-23-2014, 01:29 AM
  #4533  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 35
Default

Originally Posted by gabc
Hey guys, what do you think of getting the Kyosho Rage Ve as an Entry Level Buggy/Truggy? Saw it at Toykar going for $399. A pretty cool looking car!
Have you considered Traxxx, Ofna or Duratrax? Rarely hear anyone going RTR Kyosho. You might want to consider something whereby you can pick up spare parts easily from local stores. I just started out on 1/8 about a month ago but went straight for HPI Vorza without any regrets. I do admit that the VE looks fun and it looks like it can a lot of beating but be sure that you can find spares I think that's important. Cheers.
Richmond.Sir is offline  
Old 07-24-2014, 03:20 AM
  #4534  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
gabc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Richmond.Sir
Have you considered Traxxx, Ofna or Duratrax? Rarely hear anyone going RTR Kyosho. You might want to consider something whereby you can pick up spare parts easily from local stores. I just started out on 1/8 about a month ago but went straight for HPI Vorza without any regrets. I do admit that the VE looks fun and it looks like it can a lot of beating but be sure that you can find spares I think that's important. Cheers.
Can consider, may I know what's the price of a Vorza and where's a good place to get it? I'm looking for something all in at $500 or below. Cheers!
gabc is offline  
Old 07-24-2014, 07:17 AM
  #4535  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 35
Default

Originally Posted by gabc
Can consider, may I know what's the price of a Vorza and where's a good place to get it? I'm looking for something all in at $500 or below. Cheers!
The Vorza a steep machine brother. I got mine for about 554USD to my US address. CGW brought my beast back to Singapore for about 93USD. That's about a good round off to about $800 which is about $500 cheaper from getting it from Tai Sing. Used that $500 to get my balance charger, li-pos, led lights, wheels and so on from HobbyKing.

If you are looking at $500 RTR I will say Traxxus Brushless Stampede 4X4, Rustler, TA RC10T4.1, HPI E-Firestorm 10T and Losi Speed-T are the ones to be looking at. I think the Rustler is slightly more. Parts are easy to find. Neat hop-ups avail for them.

Last edited by Richmond.Sir; 07-24-2014 at 07:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Richmond.Sir is offline  
Old 07-24-2014, 03:53 PM
  #4536  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 15
Default

Hi guys

I decided to post here instead of creating a new thread but i would like to know if one of you could tell me the bodypainter of nicholas lee's car please ?

I was in touch with him´a long time ago but forget his name and email

Dt

Thanks for your help
zzlio is offline  
Old 07-26-2014, 07:47 AM
  #4537  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
gabc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Richmond.Sir
The Vorza a steep machine brother. I got mine for about 554USD to my US address. CGW brought my beast back to Singapore for about 93USD. That's about a good round off to about $800 which is about $500 cheaper from getting it from Tai Sing. Used that $500 to get my balance charger, li-pos, led lights, wheels and so on from HobbyKing.

If you are looking at $500 RTR I will say Traxxus Brushless Stampede 4X4, Rustler, TA RC10T4.1, HPI E-Firestorm 10T and Losi Speed-T are the ones to be looking at. I think the Rustler is slightly more. Parts are easy to find. Neat hop-ups avail for them.
Thanks for the recommendations!

Went to walk 1 round at Fook Hai Building and noticed the new Losi Mini 8ight Truggy.

Did some research and general reviews are good.
What do you guys think?
gabc is offline  
Old 07-28-2014, 09:07 AM
  #4538  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SG / Novo Ecijano
Posts: 310
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gabc
Thanks for the recommendations!

Went to walk 1 round at Fook Hai Building and noticed the new Losi Mini 8ight Truggy.

Did some research and general reviews are good.
What do you guys think?
Looks good and fun.. But most of the complains are stripping of spur gears (steel spur upgrade will solve it) and popping of ball cups (use rpm ball cups)..

truggy is fun. I have xray xt8 and I love it.. It is like a combination of buggy and a monster truck..
japong is offline  
Old 07-28-2014, 04:16 PM
  #4539  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
gabc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by japong
Looks good and fun.. But most of the complains are stripping of spur gears (steel spur upgrade will solve it) and popping of ball cups (use rpm ball cups)..

truggy is fun. I have xray xt8 and I love it.. It is like a combination of buggy and a monster truck..
Yes you're right japong! And from the forums probably I should also prepare to get steel pinions and a replacement socket head screw set, as the original tend to strip. Any idea where I could find these parts in Singapore? Or at least a website that I could order from and ships to Sg at a reasonable price?
gabc is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 06:08 AM
  #4540  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 35
Default

Originally Posted by gabc
Yes you're right japong! And from the forums probably I should also prepare to get steel pinions and a replacement socket head screw set, as the original tend to strip. Any idea where I could find these parts in Singapore? Or at least a website that I could order from and ships to Sg at a reasonable price?
I think getting it locally below the $400 mark should just be about right. I'm seeing at least $350 from most US sites after bank exchange rates. I wouldn't down one of it was above $400. Doesn't seem like a neat price to pay for a small fella.
Richmond.Sir is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 07:50 AM
  #4541  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
gabc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gabc
Yes you're right japong! And from the forums probably I should also prepare to get steel pinions and a replacement socket head screw set, as the original tend to strip. Any idea where I could find these parts in Singapore? Or at least a website that I could order from and ships to Sg at a reasonable price?
Yup I agree with you. The price point is just right and has hit a sweet spot for this fella.

Also looking at the Ofna 1/8 Hyper SSE that is going for about S$580 with shipping to Sg. Read in the forums that this thing is as durable as a tank! But 1/8th scale is a little too big for my usage and space limitations right now. When I get my real car and there's a track in Sg that I can frequent then it'll make more sense.
gabc is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 07:51 AM
  #4542  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
gabc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

By the way is there a off road track in Sg now after bottle tree park closes?
gabc is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 09:54 AM
  #4543  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SG / Novo Ecijano
Posts: 310
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gabc
By the way is there a off road track in Sg now after bottle tree park closes?
Diot and segar. both under the bridge. Diot is currently being rebuild and you may render some help if your free. you may visit the Diot thread to know more.
japong is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 04:07 AM
  #4544  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
gabc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by japong
Diot and segar. both under the bridge. Diot is currently being rebuild and you may render some help if your free. you may visit the Diot thread to know more.
That's pretty cool! Watched some youtube videos. Diot looked dusty, but I believe will be awesome after the revamp. Looking forward to racing there!

On a side note, any idea if this grease is suitable for the gears and moving parts of our offroad rc cars? It's pretty thick.
Attached Thumbnails Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!-20140730_183718.jpg   Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!-20140730_183749.jpg   Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!-20140730_183811.jpg   Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!-20140730_183846.jpg  
gabc is offline  
Old 07-30-2014, 11:52 PM
  #4545  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SG / Novo Ecijano
Posts: 310
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I think you can use that for the internal gears and just put a light coat. For the differentials, i put silicone oil. Don't use it in the parts where it is exposed to dust and dirt as it will just stick to it.
japong is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.