Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 05-19-2014, 05:59 AM
Tech Initiate

took a light bump into a pole after some old man approached me about it. left it idling there for a bit to end the convo. little did I know the diff was gone so was the suspension pin. even worse I just found out my Flux Blur ESC switch isn't working and my rear wheel alignment is gone before typing this out. all these happened over a 5-10km/h hit.

Originally Posted by japong
you can try below hobbyshop bro.. don't worry. it is an easy fix. how did you broke it? by landing from a jump?

S'wan Model & Trading
150 Orchard Rd
#02-40 Orchard Plaza
Tel : +65 6732 5227
Operating Hours :
Monday to Friday
12.00 Noon to 8PM
Saturday
11AM - 7PM

Tai Sing (HPI/HOTBODIES AGENT)
732/752 North Bridge Road
Singapore 198700
[email protected]

Tel: 65-291 2633 / 632921095
Fax: 6291 0974
Old 05-20-2014, 01:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Must be a bad hit and cause a domino effect bro. Hope you'll be able to fix it soon..
Old 05-22-2014, 11:24 PM
Suspended

fixed up my vorza teehee.

anyway gonna need some advice and possibly a step-by-step guide on how to go about setting up a led light on the front or light bar on the wing. Is there a thread here on how to do that? Like where the wire goes, or do I need to step down volt and stuff?

Sadly I only have time to play around with my Vorza after I knock off work in the evening just like every other Singaporean (if you have a 11-5 job or if yours is 8-5)

And ya so I take my Vorza out at night most of the time to a park nearby in Yishun and the lights there are dim as shiz and I have no idea where the shiz my Vorza is going most of the time so I thought putting on some light on that fella would help a lot.

So you have any advice on what to get, where to mount, what to do, how to fix and stuff please let me know. I'm not bothered about the price and all that. I just need lights on it badly.

My Vorza is still pretty much stock at the moment, if there is a need to upgrade transmitter/receiver/ESC..... to get the LEDs up. Throw in everything I'm going to need. Thank you in advance.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:35 AM
Tech Initiate

okay looks like I took a really hard hit this time right into a wall and the entire front bumper, steering, diff and everything came apart literally. but i'm not bothered about that but one of the cell on my 2x 3S tunigy lipo went inward. I ran it on a balancer and a quick run on my vorza they were both fine. Do i continue using it or do I dispose it? no heat detected or any unusual behavior.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Talking Shock Oil

Hey guys, I'm new around here and thought of just saying hi!\

I just got one of these and I wonder:

1) Where's a good place to get shock oil?
2) What's a good brand and weight to get and approx how much is it?

Appreciate it!
Attached Thumbnails Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!-snap-2014-06-24-13.32.15.jpg  
Old 06-23-2014, 10:39 PM
Suspended

I'm using Mugen shock oil. I got mine off from TowerHobbies based in the US when I got my Vorza. I'm not sure where you can pick it up locally tho. Maybe S'wan trading or Tai Sing might have them.

Originally Posted by gabc
Hey guys, I'm new around here and thought of just saying hi!\

I just got one of these and I wonder:

1) Where's a good place to get shock oil?
2) What's a good brand and weight to get and approx how much is it?

Appreciate it!
Old 06-24-2014, 05:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Mugen shock oil can be bought fm Concept hobbies at Commonwealth. Most RC shops listed in the Singapore thread stock other brands as well.
Different brands uses different measurements. Some go by "cst" while others use "wt".
I doubt u're going racing in tht buggy. U can just get oil ard 450wt or ard 40cst. A bottle is enough for 4 shocks.
Make sure u check out YouTube on how to fill shock oil in yr shocks.
Prices differ so go check out yrself. A bottle is abt 10.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks for the heads up richmond and adric.

@adric: Commonwealth is good, near my place.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:21 AM
SVK
Tech Initiate

Were could i buy a nova clio p5 in singapore

Hope someone can post ther site so i can check price

Thanks
Old 07-05-2014, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SVK
Were could i buy a nova clio p5 in singapore

Hope someone can post ther site so i can check price

Thanks
Bro,

You can try hobbylink. Here is their link. Try to call them.

http://www.hobbylink.com.sg
Old 07-05-2014, 07:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Servo recommendation for HPI Vorza (Bashing)

I just down a Sanwa MT-4 Gold Edition from HK last afternoon and I was wondering what is the BEST servo to pair it with? It comes with a RX-461 receiver. I was looking at SAVOX, Ko PRO and Sanwa's servos. I understand that the servo has to to about 14-16kg torque. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyone using anything from those brands mentioned?

I'm keen on the KO PRO ones tho they are very expensive which I don't really care. Being single helps. HAHA. The full aluminum ones from KO PRO sort of caught my attention so far and they are about USD207. I'm doing a mix of bashing and some speed runs at times on my HPI Vorza. More bashing tho.

Looking into full aluminum housing mainly with very fast response. I busted the stock housing one time after slamming straight into a wall. If anyone is using anything other than the brands stated. Please do mention them. I want to hear at least 3-5 inputs from you guys.

Btw I got my Sanwa MT-4 from RC Mushroom for 199USD with the RX-461 receiver and both the telemetry cables. Very good buy IMO.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Richmond.Sir
I just down a Sanwa MT-4 Gold Edition from HK last afternoon and I was wondering what is the BEST servo to pair it with? It comes with a RX-461 receiver. I was looking at SAVOX, Ko PRO and Sanwa's servos. I understand that the servo has to to about 14-16kg torque. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyone using anything from those brands mentioned?

I'm keen on the KO PRO ones tho they are very expensive which I don't really care. Being single helps. HAHA. The full aluminum ones from KO PRO sort of caught my attention so far and they are about USD207. I'm doing a mix of bashing and some speed runs at times on my HPI Vorza. More bashing tho.

Looking into full aluminum housing mainly with very fast response. I busted the stock housing one time after slamming straight into a wall. If anyone is using anything other than the brands stated. Please do mention them. I want to hear at least 3-5 inputs from you guys.

Btw I got my Sanwa MT-4 from RC Mushroom for 199USD with the RX-461 receiver and both the telemetry cables. Very good buy IMO.
Hi bro,

Since you have the budget, go for ko or sanwa digital brushless servos with a speed around .10 or .12s speed and at least 12kg of power. Most high end servos comes with aluminum housing and titanium or aluminum gears. Don't forget to buy also an aluminum arm suited for your servo as Each brand have different number of spline.

Hitec titanium servos are also good based on my experiece. You can check this servo if you like "HS-7945TH"

http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={B8B76610-0CD6-4ADB-A4DA-CFF51FCF87D7}&pn=1#.U7geDYkazCQ

Spline guide:

Insert Splines Fits
A 23 Airtronics/JR/KO/Sanwa
F 25 Futaba/Cirrus/Traxxas/DuraTrax/OFNA/HPI/savox
H 24 Hitec/Hobbico/Tower Hobbies
Old 07-06-2014, 07:13 PM
Suspended

Thanks for the heads up. Will be going with KO Pro BSx2 Response H.C. RC Mushroom is offering at a really good price once again. Cheers.
Originally Posted by japong
Hi bro,

Since you have the budget, go for ko or sanwa digital brushless servos with a speed around .10 or .12s speed and at least 12kg of power. Most high end servos comes with aluminum housing and titanium or aluminum gears. Don't forget to buy also an aluminum arm suited for your servo as Each brand have different number of spline.

Hitec titanium servos are also good based on my experiece. You can check this servo if you like "HS-7945TH"

Spline guide:

Insert Splines Fits
A 23 Airtronics/JR/KO/Sanwa
F 25 Futaba/Cirrus/Traxxas/DuraTrax/OFNA/HPI/savox
H 24 Hitec/Hobbico/Tower Hobbies
Old 07-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Suspended

quick question. So I just bought a KO Propo servo which I wanted and I noticed that the servo has a extra tab on the edge of the plug (or whatever proper name it has) that goes onto the receiver. Same for the default servo that came with the HPI Vorza. The HPI RF-11 had that extra tab space that accepts both the HPI servo (duh) and my brand new KO Propo.

However my Sanwa RX-461 does NOT have the extra tab to accept both servos. The extra tab I'm talking about is to allow you to know which way you are suppose to plug in your esc and servos but the 461 doesn't. I read that I can "shave" off the tab and I should KNOW exactly which way to connect the servo. Which I obvious don't and I could possibly fry the servo. So is there anyone who can get me going at this?
Old 07-08-2014, 05:48 PM
Tech Rookie

black or brown is the negative wire.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.