Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 01-26-2013, 01:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Super Newbie..need advice

Dear all experts,

i am super new to this hobby and have yet to get hold of any RC toys.

However, i am determined to do a simple project and am seeking to get my hands on this ( images below in link ) or something similiar. I dont mind purchasing a diy kit to assemble it or get it as 2nd hand.

For DIY kits... i am super darn confused as there are so many models and so many parts. I intend to do this project not to race. A simple set of kits is just enough.

Could experts here point me to the right direction on where i could get this stuffs? I am not looking at expensive high end stuffs.

Thank you guys
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/248/part02.jpg/
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/252/part03e.jpg/

Since this is my first post,,,, i am not allowed to post any URLs. I have shortened the URLS belowSorry...cant postdirect link as a newbie
Old 01-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Axisx
Dear all experts,

i am super new to this hobby and have yet to get hold of any RC toys.

However, i am determined to do a simple project and am seeking to get my hands on this ( images below in link ) or something similiar. I dont mind purchasing a diy kit to assemble it or get it as 2nd hand.

For DIY kits... i am super darn confused as there are so many models and so many parts. I intend to do this project not to race. A simple set of kits is just enough.

Could experts here point me to the right direction on where i could get this stuffs? I am not looking at expensive high end stuffs.

Thank you guys
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/248/part02.jpg/
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/252/part03e.jpg/

Since this is my first post,,,, i am not allowed to post any URLs. I have shortened the URLS belowSorry...cant postdirect link as a newbie
Hi,

What scale would u be more interested ? 1/8 or 1/10?
Electric or nitro .. Maybe can zoom in to a category , so that people here can advise accordingly . Haha
Old 01-27-2013, 06:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Indeed bro , what are you looking for ? On rd , off rd , drifting , touring , crawlers . monster truck , short course truck , 2wd or 4wd . Which one do you want ?
Old 01-28-2013, 02:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, you're in the right forum. Once you can figure out what your first project might be, and read more about them (in the other parts of the forum), then you can visit your nearest hobby shop to see what's available. Tamiya (found at Stargek) has a wide variety of models available and they have a rack where you can see some built platforms. I'm sure the other major brands are also well supported but I'm most familiar with Tamiya. I can be intimidating at the beginning but you've made a great start by asking. Enjoy
Old 02-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all, I couldn't figure out how to connect this ESC and motor together, it's a combo from Speed Passion, Reventor R esc, kindly advice, I've attached a picture as well, Thanks!

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/20130202024220.jpg
Old 02-07-2013, 08:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi pros/guru

I've just upgraded my Chassis to a Yokomo DIB an transfered all my electronics and motors to the chassis but my motor can't fully slot into the motor mount. And because of that the gear thats suppose to be slot into the motor rod can't fully go in...

The motor I'm using is a Tamiya Sports tuned motor, it has this bulky circular thing where the rod is coming out which is why i can't fit... Any ideas how to insert it? Or i should get a new motor?
Old 02-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Tech Rookie

*SORRY DOUBLE POSTED BY ACCIDENT DUNNO HOW TO DELETE. HELP DELETE THIS ONE IF POSSIBLE!*

Hi pros/guru

I've just upgraded my Chassis to a Yokomo DIB an transfered all my electronics and motors to the chassis but my motor can't fully slot into the motor mount. And because of that the gear thats suppose to be slot into the motor rod can't fully go in...

The motor I'm using is a Tamiya Sports tuned motor, it has this bulky circular thing where the rod is coming out which is why i can't fit... Any ideas how to insert it? Or i should get a new motor?

Last edited by Khai29; 02-07-2013 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Double posted by accident could not delete so add an apology..
Old 02-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Smile Battery and Charger

Hi All,

I am using a 1500mah battery that came with the EP car and thought the play time is really short. With a normal wall charger, I have no idea how long do I need to charge.

And so.....

Can any veteran RC enthusiasts recommend me a charger and brand of battery that is reliable?..... I assume 5000mah and above should be sufficient for a good amount of play time? Is there any affordable charger that displays the amount left in a battery or the time it left for the battery to charge?

Btw, I am using a HPI E10, drift setup with stock27T motor (everything is stock).

Thank you for any advices. Appreciate it loads.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I started this thread 10yrs ago, unfortunately I am still a newbie!

I recently rebuilt my 10 yr old tlt1, but it seems both my servo and throttle are reversed! I have to use the switches on my Tx to reverse them. Did I install them wrongly? I did switch the positions of the leads from servo and esc to my Rx though.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Which RC shop in sg has most complete parts? Been to Fook Hai building, not much choices, looking for some 4.8mm ball end, went to Hobbylink, Swan model and RC street revo but no luck.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am looking for a pit trolley, large bag with wheels for carrying buggy stuff. So far I could just find Team C on Race Craft but the quality looks pretty cheap and they ask 265 sgd for it which is really too much for what it is. Anyone knows any other cool pit trolley in SG shops for better prices or at least better quality?
Old 02-24-2013, 02:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to the RC drifting hobby and have yet to get started, I don't have my own rc drift car yet and am looking to get one.I live in hougang and the nearest rc shop is tamiya at paya lebar, I am looking to get both the car and the controller preferably together, I wanna get started with a tt-01d chassis, might want to get the RTR types, and hav a budget of SGD $170. And would like some advice on where to get my first tamiya rc car at a low price, and maybe some advice on getting started with this hobby

Thanks
Old 03-11-2013, 05:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi there, I'm new to rc cars and am very interested in getting started with offroad racing. I like tge look of ahort course 1:10 trucks and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a decent car that will last me as I progress? Preferably something that is available locally. I read that 4wd is a great place to start in terms of handling so that's what I'd be looking out for. Thanks!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hyper 7 buggy conversion kit

I need help on whr to get a hyper 7 buggy conversion kit, fr nitro pwr convert to electric power.pls advice on any place tat might sell or can help to bring in the kit, or an online site that might sell it...Thank You
Old 04-13-2013, 04:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just got my Cyclone drift a few hours ago and tested it out. Love it totally. Just that I'm wondering why is the wheel alignment a bit crooked even after tuning the ST Trim?

Also the brake doesn't really register. It has a slight delay[gradual] rather than a sudden stop. Is it a faulty ESC? I bought a 1st hand cyclone drift from Orchard Plaza Swan Model and Ttrading

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.