Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 10-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pinoy_rc
hi guys,

maybe you cud give some ideas. just wanna ask what wud be the
best radio for the budget as well as serious racing. please see below for choices.

1.) airtronics/ sanwa m11x
2.) ko propo eurus ex-10
3.) futaba 4pks
4.) spektrum dx3r-pro
5.) radiopost ts401

any feedback shall be appreciated. thanks in advance.
You might want to consider the Sanwa M11X and Futaba 4PK/4PKS, and their price now is more affordable due to released of newer models, but nevertheless they are very good radio.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Bro,
Anyone here buy RC things from US? I wanted to buy something and we could partner up and share the shipping cost....let me know, thanks.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Bro,
Anyone here buy RC things from US? I wanted to buy something and we could partner up and share the shipping cost....let me know, thanks.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Post Repair TX..?

Is there any shop that repair TX in singapore? I've do have a faulty TX with me.. As I tried Factory Reset also doesn't work.. I hope there is a Authorized Sanwa Service Center.

Sanwa MX-Sport FHSS-2 2.4GHz.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys, does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced starter box for a 1/8 nitro buggy?
Old 12-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jamjammer
Hi Bro,
Hi Jamjammer, I use to order stuff from US (amainhobbies) for my 1/8 onroad and they do have lots of good stuff. Even better is the fact that they now have UPS partnership and the shipping cost is always lower than 5 bucks to deliver to Singapore in 2 weeks though you pay a little more sometimes for the item (you have to know exactly what you are ordering and the price in the local market before going online)

Other option would be stuff from Hong Kong, I use RCMushroom a lot and they are fast shippers and have very good prices too. If we combine stuff and share the shipping we can even order EMS delivered in 3 working days.

Let me know if this sounds good we can do some stock replenishment time to time
Old 12-23-2012, 02:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys I bought my first electric RC car about 2 years ago. Its a Heng Long brand. Model is HL518. My car has not given me any problems except having to buy a new ESC in August 2012 because my old one blew up (literally).

Recently, my car has been stalling everytime i run it. It runs normally for about 30 minutes and then it starts stalling everytime i press the throttle. My battery usually can last for about 40 min. I can still steer the wheels but not the speed, so its not the receivers problem.

However, after waiting for about 5 minutes, my car can still run at full throttle (wheels not touching the ground) for about 1 min, then it stalls again. After another 5 minutes wait, it is able to run on full throttle for about 1 min again. It keeps repeating until my battery dies.

My ESC is from Hobbywing.

Can anyone help me or tell me what i should do to bring it back to normal? I live in SG btw
Old 12-23-2012, 02:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys I bought my first electric RC car about 2 years ago. Its a Heng Long brand. Model is HL518. My car has not given me any problems except having to buy a new ESC in August 2012 because my old one blew up (literally).

Recently, my car has been stalling everytime i run it. It runs normally for about 30 minutes and then it starts stalling everytime i press the throttle. My battery usually can last for about 40 min. I can still steer the wheels but not the speed, so its not the receivers problem.

However, after waiting for about 5 minutes, my car can still run at full throttle (wheels not touching the ground) for about 1 min, then it stalls again. After another 5 minutes wait, it is able to run on full throttle for about 1 min again. It keeps repeating until my battery dies.

Can anyone help me or tell me what i should do to bring it back to normal? I live in SG btw
Old 12-25-2012, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pikachu007

In my opinion, it sounds like ur ESC's thermal protection was activated to protect itself. Try to reduce the gear loading. Hope it helps...
Old 01-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Tech Rookie

any bro who can teach me about drifting.. i just got Tamiya TA 05 vII
thanks
Old 01-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Tech Rookie

hi all, i am thinking of getting in rc drifting hobby..i searched around the internet for information and i kinda wonder what would be a good chassis for a beginner like me..i am hoping to looking for chassis which is upgradable and customizable...and usually what is the amount a beginner would spend to get into the scene? thanks a lot in advance and happy new year to all =)
Old 01-02-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by meva
any bro who can teach me about drifting.. i just got Tamiya TA 05 vII
thanks
Go read in the SG thread. There are some places that host drift meets. Bring yr car and ask advice from them. Most drifters are friendly. They don't bite.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by leofireng86
hi all, i am thinking of getting in rc drifting hobby..i searched around the internet for information and i kinda wonder what would be a good chassis for a beginner like me..i am hoping to looking for chassis which is upgradable and customizable...and usually what is the amount a beginner would spend to get into the scene? thanks a lot in advance and happy new year to all =)
I used to drift with Tamiya. Tried ABC hobby and also Yokomo as well. My feel, there are many brand names. Go talk to the hobby shops listed in the SG Thread. They'll explain to you. Money is a issue though. U can spend little and get a beginner set but when u intend to hop-up, you spend a ton. Or you can spend more now and spend less on hop-ups later. Electronics are the same. Cheap stuff are not say no good but trust me. The good ones are mostly the expensive ones. Transmitters, servos for example.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by adrictan
I used to drift with Tamiya. Tried ABC hobby and also Yokomo as well. My feel, there are many brand names. Go talk to the hobby shops listed in the SG Thread. They'll explain to you. Money is a issue though. U can spend little and get a beginner set but when u intend to hop-up, you spend a ton. Or you can spend more now and spend less on hop-ups later. Electronics are the same. Cheap stuff are not say no good but trust me. The good ones are mostly the expensive ones. Transmitters, servos for example.
thanks for the advice...i am still looking around for chassis...vdf2 caught my eye as it is sold online at rcmart...anyone purchased from there before? i will still look around in shops in SG tho...haha..
Old 01-13-2013, 10:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default how to make my blitz faster?

hi..need someone help..recently bought RTR HPI blitz..after i changed to Xerun 8.5T combo..still cant make him SCREAM..im using nimh batt 2200 mah..someone told me to change the batt to lipo..which now i'm not so sure wat kind of range shld i buy..and maybe need to changed the spur and pinion gear..need someone expertised to recommend me some parts of what i need to changed..currently me using stock gear.Pls help..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.