Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 09-03-2012, 06:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by winghobby
do you know what scale ur monster truck is (1/16, 1/10, 1/8, 1/5)? Monster truck is considered off road, so you're looking for offroad track. Here there is one at bottle tree park and segar road. I know segar road is free, but electric powered (ep) only. dont think there's an agelimit, just dont be a hindrance lol
I have an ep 1/16 traxxas erevo vxl brushless and an ep 1/8 thunder tiger mt4 g3 brushless(truggy based) monster truck. Heard that the DIOT is quite dusty. How does it compare to the Segar?
Old 09-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Alright guys quick questions,
Tha 1/10th tc track down at bottle tree park...would that be considered a low, medium or high grip track? And for gearing on 8.5t motor for that track I was thinking around 6.5 DDR, any suggestions? Thanks
Old 09-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I need some help with my 1/10 2wd buggy which is EP. When its turned on, and i press the throttle. I can hear the motor running, but the wheels do not move at all. I think it has something to do with the clutch but im not to entirely sure. Can anyone help?

thanks in advance
Old 09-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AJJ011109
I need some help with my 1/10 2wd buggy which is EP. When its turned on, and i press the throttle. I can hear the motor running, but the wheels do not move at all. I think it has something to do with the clutch but im not to entirely sure. Can anyone help?

thanks in advance

ok, just a quick question...have you got a pinion gear installed and is it in full contact of the spur? what model rc buggy do you have?
Old 09-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AJJ011109

thanks in advance
Never heard b4 EP got clutch. Check the pinion gear 1st. Is it in contact or is the grup screw is missing there. If not take out motor connect and check when u throttle the motor moves or not
Old 09-11-2012, 01:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

okay thanks
Old 09-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 1/12 pan cars experts... I need advice

hi 1/12 pan car experts
I'm thinking to buy a 1/12 pan car kit, I've some questions and need your advice

1) which servo ( brand/model ) recommended ?
2) some told me to use 10.5T and some says 4.5T, I'm confused...
3) which pinion gear size to use?
4) tyres grade for front & rear?
5) does these 1/12 kits break apart easily upon impact? any good kit to recommend?

apologies if my questions are silly, I'm new to rc.

many thanks all!!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smeng
hi 1/12 pan car experts
I'm thinking to buy a 1/12 pan car kit, I've some questions and need your advice

1) which servo ( brand/model ) recommended ?
5) does these 1/12 kits break apart easily upon impact? any good kit to recommend?

apologies if my questions are silly, I'm new to rc.

many thanks all!!
1) which servo ( brand/model ) recommended ? Fitec and Savox are value for money
I think most of us are running 5.0T and below
Depends
Depends
Not really.. Look for the brand you like and most important have good parts support. All the cars are similarly good.

Best is take a trip down to Raceworks and talk to guys there.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation Lexan Sheet

Where can I get Lexan Sheet?
Old 09-26-2012, 10:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wilsonfan
Where can I get Lexan Sheet?
can try shops that sell RC heli or planes?
Old 10-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi all,

Did a search on the web. but seem like in singapore this hobby is cooling down, search result is either old thread or forum that no longer active or exist.

Thats bring me here to my first post here.

I am new to RC world. I wish to know more before I commit myself in this hobby. Have a few question, hope someone can show some pointer.

1.How much is it to start off for a decent drift RC car like yokomo or tamiya?
2.Any maintaince cost and approximately how much. (etc. changing rubber and other common wear & tear parts)
3.If I got yokomo, will I belimited to getting ypkomo parts later on? or I can mix different brand (parts) together.
4.Cost of a chasis that has headlight & brake lights (funtional).

Thanks for reading, please bear with me as a newbie.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm also quite new. Well I don't think RC drifting is dying. Still healthy to me. There are several comps locally every year. Then ppl from here goes regional for some coms. You may go youtube and search singapore rc drift.
Here are my 2 cents.

1. DECENT...is subjective. I belong to the group that believes that one should get the best he can afford. All in all you will be looking at $700+ to start. No point get $400 kit then every few months need to upgrade right? Or buy cheap Ni-Cd batts that last only 15mins compared to Li-po which last 45mins and gives much more punch. Ni-Cd abt $20 and Li-po starts $50 all depending on capacity.
Only item you may cut is the TX/RX aka controller or the ESC/Motor combo. The later is self explainory. TX/RX will not affect too much for a beginner Why? bcos better contollers gives u micro adjustments, more sensitive, fast response etc...beginner focus on technique 1st.

2. Maintainence cost is minimum to me. But sure have normal wear and tear. Drift tyres are abt $20 for 4. Last u super long. Breakage should be go straight into a drain or wall will vary depending what is broken. Carbon Fibre shock towers abt $60++ Plastic eqivalent $30 also have Alu $50 something like that.

3. If u know Yokomo, u will know AutoDrift. They are good ppl there so rest assured. But do ur homework...know what u want and what u getting. No and chasis can use any parts so long as it fits. Only point to note is some race require certain parts to be by a certain manufacurer. Can mod till u song! See Overdose, eagle racing RC are some example also suzuki racing rc.

4.The light do not belong to the chasis. Its on the shell aka cover. Taking Yokomo as guide. Shell replica of real D1 cars is abt $60. Then u need to get light buckets, this is paste onto car where the light area in not painted. These buckets have holes, the LED goes in. Buckets have front and rear abt $20+ each set F/R. The if u want the BIG BIG spoiler....aka GT Wing also abt $10+ then got exhaust wing mirrors wipers etc...it depends how detail u want and want to spend. Finally the LED lights itself. Thats abt $30. Just take the blinking will do. The kit that really works like the real car too much wires for me and not so blink lor....that cost more too.

There all text for u. Any more?
Old 10-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the pointer

I would like to know is there any meetup where ppl can discuss and share about thier RC setup & notes.

For beginner :
Should i get a RTR (out from box) car or assemable one myself.
Should I buy online or local shop.
RTR set can adjust camber, damping force etc.?
How long can 1 batt last from full charge. (RC heli only 7-9minutes which is very short for my liking).

So many question dont know where to start, and the more I read online the more I think I dont comprehen.

PS. must there be 2 "poles" sticking out of the car on the front bounet and rear windscreen.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NanoCL7
Thanks for the pointer

I would like to know is there any meetup where ppl can discuss and share about thier RC setup & notes.
look for drift meet schedule at the sticky. Throughout the week there are DM. You may just go to any of them look look see see. I like auto drift DM every Sunday1pm to 7pm. U can see many ppl car. Maybe very poisonous.

For beginner :
Should i get a RTR (out from box) car or assemable one myself.
that depends how good u r. Some kits more difficultthan others . Take RTR if u don't think u will play long. If not separate kitchen better. Some kits already assembled but not adjusted.
How long can 1 batt last from full charge. (RC heli only 7-9minutes which is very short for my liking).
So many question dont know where to start, and the more I read online the more I think I dont comprehen.

PS. must there be 2 "poles" sticking out of the car on the front bounet and rear windscreen.
Ok end of part 1
Old 10-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NanoCL7
Online shop? Why when our local shops are pretty good. Unless much cheaper or not avaialble locally, not much of a point. Support local shops

Yes and No. Depending on the RTR kit is varies. Usually RTR are for beginners so don't expect too much. If u know so much and want to adjust I reckon u r an ex RC player? Also RTR usually use air shocks so the daming quality is low. Camber & toe in/out can adjust by turn buckel. Rank u will need to change parts.

If u get a $100 Li-po 6000mah....that will last u well over 30mins

New so u read is good. But when it comes to a point is too much means you should start buying/playing and stop reading for now.

Yes and no. Yes as most RC kits use this to mount the shell, easy and acurate. Alternatively no holes can be done. jUts get the body mount plates that uses velcro.
Part 2
Another point to note most RTR kits available locally are still FM tx/rx. Try to get one that is 2.4GHz instead.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.