Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 07-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default First rc car

For my first rc car im thinking about getting the hpi e firestorm 10t, would this be a good choice? Thanks
Old 07-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Duraspeed
Is there a track to drive monster trucks? How much is the fee? Any age limit?
hi ya google defu lane rc track, well that is the one i know in the east and it is pretty good
Old 07-26-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Getting 1st RC Car

Im new to RC car. Planning to get a new one, so any introduction?

I looking those cheaper ones so that it wont hurt so much if i crash on my first run.

I more interested wtih Electric Powered On-Road drifting car.

Just dont want to get cheated by vendor. Thanks to all seniors in RC.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Duraspeed
Is there a track to drive monster trucks? How much is the fee? Any age limit?
do you know what scale ur monster truck is (1/16, 1/10, 1/8, 1/5)? Monster truck is considered off road, so you're looking for offroad track. Here there is one at bottle tree park and segar road. I know segar road is free, but electric powered (ep) only. dont think there's an agelimit, just dont be a hindrance lol
Old 08-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Advice for beginner drifter kit

Hi guys have been reading loads here. But still can't decide.

I would say I'm about mid/low end drifter. No competition set in mind. The last time I played RC was 10yrs back with a HPI kit.

I just dunno what to get. Total budget abt $700.

Any advice? Also which is best shop? I went to some which basically has nothing to see. I don't even know what I will be paying for.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bieffe
Hi guys have been reading loads here. But still can't decide.

I would say I'm about mid/low end drifter. No competition set in mind. The last time I played RC was 10yrs back with a HPI kit.

I just dunno what to get. Total budget abt $700.

Any advice? Also which is best shop? I went to some which basically has nothing to see. I don't even know what I will be paying for.
Winnie, Swanmodels, Orchard
Ethan, Street Revo, Midview Building Bukti Batok
Kenny Wu, SKDC, Punggol.

all info on them can be found on FB and this forum
They are a very patient and nice bunch.
Ethan and Kenny will be able to explain more in-depth of the technical aspect of when and what to spent on

P.S maybe you wanna define your terms of Best shop.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

My idea of best shop would be one that has a sample or the actual item I'm paying for. Will drop Street Revo to see.

I have also yet to drop by Yokomo at Crawford lane, but heard items there are high end?
Swanmodels I have not been back there ages ago. Prices good? after all its Orchard.

All the reading making me go bonkers.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

Go to autodrift pte ltd at crawford lane. Its the place for drifters.. Its the IDEAL place based on your requirements.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:02 PM
v&v
Tech Rookie

I would prefer Autodrift @ Crawford Lane. They have entry level to high end kit from MST, eNroute, Yokomo etc. All different types of chassis will be on displayed and u can see it for yourself. They are very active in weekly drift meet on Sunday and competition too. Visit them tomorrow if u r free @ Blk 465 Crawford Lane approach Mr Sia or his lovely wife for advise, they are very friendly.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the advice. I did drop by and they are really quite something. Would be perfect if there is a indoor track! I'm torn between DIB & JXR.
Really blowing my budget here, just not sure how far I want to go right now. Even the receiver also stress. Motor also stress....go for 120A? What if I can't handle the power?
Old 08-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So far the drift meet in singapore are mostly indoor. Dun need so much power for drifting.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Noob getting a Nitro fuel rc car for drifting, any pro mind advise wat to look out for?
check a few shop..price is ard $500 not include fuel n started.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi all,
I'll be getting into EP 1/10, but dunno what does the rating means for x.xT for brushless motors available ranging from 2.5T - 21.5T. But i noticed the lower the turn the better the performance and rpm.
Does it mean a 5.5T motor is better than a 10.5T...?

Thank you.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi all,
I'll be getting into EP 1/10, but dunno what does the rating means for x.xT for brushless motors available ranging from 2.5T - 21.5T. But i noticed the lower the turn the better the performance and rpm.

Thank you.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RClover
Hi all,

Thank you.
hey buddy,
typically the lower the turn of the motor, the faster the car will be. for example a 5.5t motor will be a lot faster than say a 17.5t motor.

if this is your first car, i would recommend to start in stock class of 17.5t as it is not to fast to begin with but not to slow either. also it will be good to read up on how to tune your car to get maximum performance out of it.

after a while once you get more confident there is a modified class that runs approximately 4.5t motors.

what setup are you planning on getting?

oh and to answer your question, 5.5t motor isnt better than a 10.5t because it has better performance and RPM, it is just faster, hence the better specs.

-josh

Last edited by jztwin1; 08-30-2012 at 08:55 PM. Reason: -

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.