Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 08-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Recommend a steering servo for my 1/10 hyperTT

Hello all, newbie here with a RTR hyperTT 1/10. Had a crash and the steering servo internal plastic is KO.
Can someone recommend me what to buy for replacement? Pro vs Con?

Thanks.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrxmacorona
Hi can any direct me where to get a replacement receiver for fs gt3b in singapore. As i nid to get my controller set up asap. Thank you so much. Noob in rc.. Lol
Refer below link...
http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...0&idx=1&gid=21

Originally Posted by cantride
Hello all, newbie here with a RTR hyperTT 1/10. Had a crash and the steering servo internal plastic is KO.
Can someone recommend me what to buy for replacement? Pro vs ConThanks.
(Is it stripe servo gear ur talking about) Best to change back to the original plastic part cause it will be dirt cheap...unless you want to upgrade your servo to better ones...
Old 09-14-2011, 02:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 1:18 diecast RC conversion

hi guys,
I'm trying to do a 1:18 diecast RC conversion, does anyone knows any tutorial or any place to get the parts for it. my car of choice would be either the enzo fxx or the slr.
thanks!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi friends,

I am wondering if there is any shops in the West that sells 4mm bullet connectors?

If you could SMS me at 90235668 would be grateful.

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alleyboy
Hi friends,

I am wondering if there is any shops in the West that sells 4mm bullet connectors?

If you could SMS me at 90235668 would be grateful.

Thanks!
You can try heli-guru. But call before you go.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:34 AM
ys
Tech Initiate

Default LONG QUESTION!

Hi guys.. I'm planning to start on R/C(1/10 EP on-road), used to play very basic stuff about 10 years back so alot of things have changed so I've got a huge list of advice needed from experienced players here.
This may be a little too many questions and tiring to answer, sorry!

Car Kit
I've looked through online and realised there is a HUGE list of different car kits around from different brands. I'm planning to play Touring and wants to get something that i can race with. As i know myself, i can't be settled with a very basic kit so I'm looking for a more advance kit, but of course not a most expensive kit. Some of the questions i have in mind are,

Which brand are the more common ones in sg? (Where parts are easily available as i don't wanna get stucked and can't play when things spoil and I can't get replacements)
Which brand to go to if i wanna join races? (I've heard that there are some cars that doesn't have races available)
What are the differences in different kits from DIFFERENT brands even though there of the same genre? (eg. Xray T3'11/'12 vs T.O.P Photon vs Tamiya TRF417 vs Serpent S411 vs Kyosho TF-6 vs Hot Bodies TCX etc.)
What are the differences in different kits from SAME brands? (eg. Xray T3'11/'12 vs T3R, Tamiya TRF417 vs TA06 Pro)
Why most kits look very simple(or clean) while TA06 looks so complicated?

Radios
What are the brands that are commonly used in sg? (Other than Futaba, Sanwa/Airtronics & KO Propo?)
What are the differences in these 3 brands?
Which one should i go for?
What are the differences in different controller from SAME brands? (eg. Futaba 4PKS vs 4PL, Sanwa M11X vs MT-4 vs MX-3X)

ESC & Motor
Common and mostly recommended brands?(I've seen many people talking about Tekin, LRP, Castle.)
Which type to go for?(Brushless or Brushed)
Brushless usually comes in systems whereby they pair the ESC and Motor up, does it means i cant change the motor?
Are Brushless race-able in sg?
What is Sensored/Sensorless ESC or Motor?
How many turns(motor) is good for beginner racing?

Batteries
What are the differences in Ni-Mh, Li-Po and Li-Fe?
Whats the most common type used currently?
Any differences between different brands? (As i see sometimes prices varies alot)
Are there like race packs and practice packs?
Differences betweeen soft case and hard case?
Plug connectors recommended?
Where to get shop for good batteries?
Why some Li-Pos has got this small extra wire that looks like its connected to the receiver?
How many packs would i need?

Charger
What are the differences? (I've seen like almost everyone is using different chargers)
Do power supplies make any difference?

Servo
What is the difference between digital and analog servos?
What is a Brushless servo?

I know I've got this one huge list of questions and may be a little difficult to answer but i really don't know where to go to. There are too many different models for different things in the market I need to narrow down the list so i can do more detail research on the different products.
Once again why i didn't want to get the most basic stuff and start learning from there is because i know after awhile i will be tempted to get upgraded and i would have wasted my money on the basic stuffs.
However I don't wanna buy the most expensive stuff for everything is because i will look very stupid having all the best things and yet i don't know how to use them.
So please help me by giving me recommendations on the various stuffs that is not so sophisticated that after 3-4 years of playing i still can't make the full use of the products but yet i don't regret buying them as their too basic and i want to upgrade.

I'm looking at the budget of around $1500-$2000 excluding batteries. (Is it too little or too much?)

Thanks!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Right gearing combination for e10 hpi chasis

Hi can i ask what is the right combination of pinion and spur gearing set iam using 9t motor for drifting setup thanks!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Default noob

hi im thinking of buying a drift rc any recommendations? which shop should i go to with cheaper price?=)
Old 10-24-2011, 02:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi there.. i'm totally new to RC drifting.. Got myself a TT01e, wondering what are the hop-up/add-on for better drifting for this mode.. currently i only change the stock shaft to an aluminium shaft..

regards
Old 10-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi before I start I wanted to sorry for the stupid questions but as many before me I'm completely new to the rc cars. I have recently bought myself a yokomo 1/10 scale drift package and have opted to upgrade to a Ezrun Hobbywing 9t brushless motor package. I've installed the motor and ESC but I cannot for the life of me get it to engage. Is there something that I could miss which is really simple??
Old 10-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scott_87
Hi before I start I wanted to sorry for the stupid questions but as many before me I'm completely new to the rc cars. I have recently bought myself a yokomo 1/10 scale drift package and have opted to upgrade to a Ezrun Hobbywing 9t brushless motor package. I've installed the motor and ESC but I cannot for the life of me get it to engage. Is there something that I could miss which is really simple??
There should be instructions on how to initiate the ESC.
Maybe this??

http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/manual/HW-13-V2.pdf
Old 10-29-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

where to got nice track to play touring in singapore ?
Old 10-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by noslesg
where to got nice track to play touring in singapore ?
Bro, Bottle Tree Park, by race craft infinity.
A nice place for touring.

Racecraft Infinity Pte Ltd.
81 Lorong Chencharu Singapore 769198
Old 10-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dchapter
Hi there.. i'm totally new to RC drifting.. Got myself a TT01e, wondering what are the hop-up/add-on for better drifting for this mode.. currently i only change the stock shaft to an aluminium shaft..

regards
Hi, recommend you to get TRF dampers and recommend medium springs on the front and hard springs on the rear. Front-one way unit is highly recommended for drifting and ball bearings. Actually Yeah Racing do produce very good hop up parts for TT-01E for better performance and we are the authorized distributor for Yeah Racing, can give better price
Old 10-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Smile

Originally Posted by slimslim
hi im thinking of buying a drift rc any recommendations? which shop should i go to with cheaper price?=)
What brand are you looking at? Different shop carry different brand.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.