Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 12-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harry5347
OK, noted. Tks enlighten
Xiexie
You're welcome.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default GS Racing Spring colour code

Hi I have a big bore shock for GS. Not sure what is the hardness for the springs.

Yellow
Red
Blue

What is the oil weight, diff oil and spring colour you use for turf city with a GS CL1a?
Old 12-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by somethree
Hi I have a big bore shock for GS. Not sure what is the hardness for the springs.

Yellow
Red
Blue

What is the oil weight, diff oil and spring colour you use for turf city with a GS CL1a?
The best person to ask is Ah Leng.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yellow
Red
Blue

You can ask the GS distributor below also.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/malaysia...-buggy-40.html
Old 01-02-2010, 06:09 AM
Tech Champion

Yellow
Red
Blue

Springs stiffness based on colour; normally it is:

White - Hard (Hardest)
Blue - Medium
Yellow - Medium Soft
Red - Soft (Softest)

As for shock oil; 40/45 front and 30/35 rear should be good as it's rather bumpy at Turf.

Diff oil; Front 7000, Central 10000, Rear 3000 should be good.
That will give you good turning-in for tight track.

It all depends on your driving style, and most importantly, your hand...

Last edited by roychan69; 01-02-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Default need help with break in nitro engine

hi guys, izit normal for an engine during break in to revs up suddenly? my engine does that for the first half tank den back to normal idling.....izit my setting or izit always like that...is that normal? if its not, what do i need to do exactly?
Old 01-15-2010, 02:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by donnod
hi guys, izit normal for an engine during break in to revs up suddenly? my engine does that for the first half tank den back to normal idling.....izit my setting or izit always like that...is that normal? if its not, what do i need to do exactly?
No, it should not be as what you mentioned.

It's either it's set too rich (factory setting) that you could hardly make your truck move or at all. It will not rev high for the first half tank and back to normal idling.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Having problem bind DX3R & SR3001

Hi guys, having problem to bind DX3R with SR3001.
This SR3001 is DSM, do not have bind plug, it's using press button type, im suspecting DX3R can only bind with DSM2. Anyone can confirm this?
Tks
Old 01-16-2010, 01:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harry5347
Hi guys, having problem to bind DX3R with SR3001.
This SR3001 is DSM, do not have bind plug, it's using press button type, im suspecting DX3R can only bind with DSM2. Anyone can confirm this?
Tks
Not true. I ever bind a DSM receiver to a DX3R
Old 01-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by roychan69
No, it should not be as what you mentioned.

It's either it's set too rich (factory setting) that you could hardly make your truck move or at all. It will not rev high for the first half tank and back to normal idling.
thnks bro...so as ur saying,its ok if i adjust my high speed needle or idle setting for the first time break in?wat i mean is if my engine revs up high, i adjust the hsn..and if the idle is high, i adjust the idle needle..izit so?
Old 01-17-2010, 03:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default HPI Cyclone D4 WCE buggy ESC / Motor / Battery recommendations

Hi hi. Just bought a new buggy. New to modern electronics. Used to play with CAT (electric) and Hobao (nitro) buggy and running on KoPropo EX5 during my secondary school days 19 years back.

Cannot find any pointers online for these areas. Very confusing. Can anyone point me in the correct directions? Just wish to run my buggy at the Bottle Tree track. I am currently into planes and wish to venture back to buggy again.

Thank you very much in advance.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by donnod
thnks bro...so as ur saying,its ok if i adjust my high speed needle or idle setting for the first time break in?wat i mean is if my engine revs up high, i adjust the hsn..and if the idle is high, i adjust the idle needle..izit so?
If the revs is so high that it'll engage the clutch and moves, adjust the IDLE SCREW - Clockwise to tune High, Anti Clockwise to tune Low.

You can lean (a little) to your LSN, in order to get it going without stalling due to load up (nitro fuel load up).

Don't adjust the HSN yet till you've ran at least 6 - 8 tanks.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Newbie in dire need of help

Hey guys, ive been reading this HUGE forum, and i really really like it. As i am writting in this thread.

I luckily found a Tamiya TT-01E converted to TT-01D with a castle brushless motor 4.6kv and Castle ESC, also with a futaba Remote and reciver 2.4ghz.

I am EXTREMLY new to this industry, ad LOVE it so far.

The reason why i wanted this chassi from the research that I did, is because I just wanna drift

The Electric rc car was bought used, and did not really come with alot of manuals

How could i get manuals, and more detailed information about what i have and how to operate it.

I accidently changed somehting on the remote, and now i have no steering.

I think i Shorted the Servo because it lights up green, beeps. and then turns off. Before it didnt turn off the ESC, but now it shuts that off as well.

HELP!
Old 01-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dredrift
Hey guys, ive been reading this HUGE forum, and i really really like it. As i am writting in this thread.

I luckily found a Tamiya TT-01E converted to TT-01D with a castle brushless motor 4.6kv and Castle ESC, also with a futaba Remote and reciver 2.4ghz.

I am EXTREMLY new to this industry, ad LOVE it so far.

The reason why i wanted this chassi from the research that I did, is because I just wanna drift

The Electric rc car was bought used, and did not really come with alot of manuals

How could i get manuals, and more detailed information about what i have and how to operate it.

I accidently changed somehting on the remote, and now i have no steering.

I think i Shorted the Servo because it lights up green, beeps. and then turns off. Before it didnt turn off the ESC, but now it shuts that off as well.

HELP!
Jie Ming (Stanley) can help you:

Stargek Private Limited
178 Paya Lebar Rd
Unit #01-03
Singapore 409030
Tel : +65 6746 2168 Facsimile : +65 6746 4678
Email : [email protected]
Operating Hours : 10.00am - 6.00pm(Mon - Sat)
10.00am - 3.00pm(Sun) except public holidays.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Squeaky steering servo - old bandit

I've a 10-year old Traxxas Bandit I bought off of craigslist. The steering servo made some god-awful noise when steering, an "eek" or squeak sound. I replaced it with the other servo from the car, same part number, that was available when I replaced the mechanical speed control with a new XL-5 ESC.

The other servo also "eeks." The Traxxas part is 2018. I don't think this servo type has ball bearings...?

Is this thing just going to be noisy, or should I consider the servo nearly dead and in need of an upgrade? It seems to work fairly well, just noisy...

Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.