Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 11-05-2009, 01:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alantan_74
Tks.. Think i will get that as long is gt e power to turn e sterring..
Even a 14kg steering servo will turn (when the car is moving, not dead still...)
As long as the your MT could turn while driving, it's good enough.

Perhaps you could tighten up your servo saver if your MT has one; by doing that even a 9kg servo will do.

Even if your car doesn't have a servo saver bell crank; you can get a bigger servo saver that fit on your servo pinion. Note: different brands servo uses different servo saver for install-at-servo type...
Old 11-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by donnod
its on road......by the way i found this website on how to break in engine,it says {NEW SCHOOL METHOD}, it teaches u how to break in the new way...it seems that this method goes agaisnt the old skool method..bro plz check this site.....from ur experienced, does this werk?

i will try to check it out .

i cant list down the add here as i'm new to this forum.....u can go to yahoo search engine and type how to break in rc engine and u look for NEW SCHOOL METHOD......
usually i run abt 10 tanks of fuel for the breaking in process
very rich and lean out after the breakin.

nope, actually 800 budget is only for the kit itself....by the way i bought serpent 733 and rb touring junior 9...not still 'reckiiing' on the electronics and tx and rx.bro,can advise me wat type of tx and rx and also electronics is worth buying....
currently wat car are u using? by the way where is pa track? izit the one at east coast?

733 heard its good kit , so u buy from uncle sam la, i running xray nt1 both 08 and 09 kit , also bought from sam . i using futaba 4pk tx and futaba rx for a year and ko pro servos ,and so far so good , no complain yet.
Pa track is just beside the rear entrance of outward bound singapore at east coast. pretty far to get the.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi to everyone

Wonder why the thr servo will move a bit whenever i turn the ster servo?
I have change the thr and receiver and it still the same.Any bros here can help?

Tkss..
Old 11-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi to everyone

I have change the thr and receiver and it still the same.Any bros here can help?

Tkss..
when u said the steering moved 'abit', did u move the steering on your transmitter by 'abit' as well? or was it at max left/right?

by the way, alan, will appreciate it if you can check your spelling before you post. my brain almost exploded trying to figure out your post.

cheers!
Old 11-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Hi to everyone

Tkss..
Originally Posted by psychophant
when u said the steering moved 'abit', did u move the steering on your transmitter by 'abit' as well? or was it at max left/right?

by the way, alan, will appreciate it if you can check your spelling before you post. my brain almost exploded trying to figure out your post.

cheers!
If you're using a Digital Servo for your Steering ONLY; and your Throttle Servo is an Analog type; this twitching might occur if your setting for your radio is set to Digital Mode.

Swap the Servos - Steering to Throttle and Throttle to Steering.
After the problem been identified; you can get a Digital Servo for your Throttle if you want, or leave it.

Hahaha...
Old 11-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by roychan69
If you're using a Digital Servo for your Steering ONLY; and your Throttle Servo is an Analog type; this twitching might occur if your setting for your radio is set to Digital Mode.

Swap the Servos - Steering to Throttle and Throttle to Steering.
After the problem been identified; you can get a Digital Servo for your Throttle if you want, or leave it.

Hahaha...
The steering i using towerpro 995 and throttle using those normal type of servo(plastic gear) .The throttle will move move a bit when i turn the transmitter to the max left or right. I using a Sanwa M8.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

The steering i using towerpro 995 and throttle using those normal type of servo(plastic gear) .The throttle will move move a bit when i turn the transmitter to the max left or right. I using a Sanwa M8.
Try swapping them. M8 is a very old model radio, don't think you have or able to set it to digital though.

Your stock plastic servo might not be strong enough for the steering; but it's only for trying to see if the twitching still persist.

If all fails, get another servo for your throttle servo.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Try swapping them. M8 is a very old model radio, don't think you have or able to set it to digital though.

Your stock plastic servo might not be strong enough for the steering; but it's only for trying to see if the twitching still persist.

If all fails, get another servo for your throttle servo.

i have try abt 3 normal servo on the throttle but it still the same.Later i try to swap again and see how.. TKS
Old 11-09-2009, 01:26 AM
Tech Champion

i have try abt 3 normal servo on the throttle but it still the same.Later i try to swap again and see how.. TKS
No problem.

If you tried your other 3 'normal servos' that was stock from your other cars and the twitching is still there; perhaps you should loan a better quality one from your friend to test it out.

It should not be your radio problem though.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ben_xraynt1
i will try to check it out .

usually i run abt 10 tanks of fuel for the breaking in process
very rich and lean out after the breakin.

733 heard its good kit , so u buy from uncle sam la, i running xray nt1 both 08 and 09 kit , also bought from sam . i using futaba 4pk tx and futaba rx for a year and ko pro servos ,and so far so good , no complain yet.
Pa track is just beside the rear entrance of outward bound singapore at east coast. pretty far to get the.
so how much does it cost you for futaba 4pk tx and futaba rx and ko pro servos? any suitable place wheere i can break my engine in?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:05 AM
Tech Champion

so how much does it cost you for futaba 4pk tx and futaba rx and ko pro servos? any suitable place wheere i can break my engine in?
My 4PK was the first officially import unit, that time more than a year ago was $680.00 ('ordered' price, another 3 units was sold at $720.00)
Additional R604 Receiver was selling at $205.00

* You can also use the cheaper R603, which is for the 3PK FASST, but it's C1 instead of C2 (i.e. response/resolution/3 Channel instead of 4...)

Swan now selling the 4PK at $650.00, and the R604 cost less than $180.00 (check with Winnie, not nice for me to post here...)

KO Propo servos cost as much as the Futaba BLS, if you intend to get Futaba Radio, get their servos as well.

You can break-in your engine anywhere as long as it's not too near to a residential/hospital area... A big empty car park will be good.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi to everyone

Tkss..
Its either both your servo is faulty or interference in you transmition system. Try to use a 2.4G. If that still can't solve the problem, change both servos.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Universal Drive shafts

To all the bros out there, I got a bit of a problem right now. Help and advise needed.

I keep on twisting and snapping my drive shafts. Is there any way I can custom my drive shaft with something much more durable? eg spring steel

The one I am using now is from HPI and its made of aluminium. Every time I twist one, the damage to my pocket is about $30 bucks.

Or does anyone one know where can I get a replacement which is of the same or similar dimensions? (Pics and dimensions below)

All comments and advice are welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ivan Hng
To all the bros out there, I got a bit of a problem right now. Help and advise needed.

I keep on twisting and snapping my drive shafts. Is there any way I can custom my drive shaft with something much more durable? eg spring steel

The one I am using now is from HPI and its made of aluminium. Every time I twist one, the damage to my pocket is about $30 bucks.

Or does anyone one know where can I get a replacement which is of the same or similar dimensions? (Pics and dimensions below)

All comments and advice are welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ivan... That's not U-Shaft, it's Dog Bone...
Drive Shaft right...??? You can get the steel U-Drive Shaft or Dog Bone from Tai Sing.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ivan... That's not U-Shaft, it's Dog Bone...
Drive Shaft right...??? You can get the steel U-Drive Shaft or Dog Bone from Tai Sing.
Its actually a U-shaft. I disassembled the rest and only pictured the twisted part. And I'm quite sure Taising doesn't have it... Spent one hour there to check before...

STEEL UNIVERSAL CENTER DRIVE SET (ASSEMBLED)
http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/pa.../87609_01m.jpg

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.