Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 08-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by Silvialite
You may want to check if your RX is faulty. 2nd time I seen your housing break already.
When i fixing my car i blur blur go cut away some of the RX antenna... The people @ Taroda say it was ok so i did it lor... Turns out it wasn't. I soldering new wire soon. Thanks bro.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeeWD
When i fixing my car i blur blur go cut away some of the RX antenna... The people @ Taroda say it was ok so i did it lor... Turns out it wasn't. I soldering new wire soon. Thanks bro.
It'll be better to get a new RX. From what I know, the RX antenna needs to be of a certain length for optimum range. Any longer or shorter can affect range considerably. Soldering the new wire to extend the length may not help.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (67%+)

Originally Posted by rocketabyss
Lol..Dude...the only reason why my cyclone-S has parts breaking is because of a special someone we know who likes to play around ramming people. Thanks to his ramming he broke my front C-joints. Front dogbones snapped too probably because of all the wear and tear from those ramming incidents...Don't anyhow say that cyclone-s parts not good then break. Earlier my spur broke, not because it was the stock spur, but I took the spur from my old yokomo that matched gear ratios I wanted. Other than these, nothing else of my Cyclone-S has ever broke.

I had no breakages when no one was ramming me.
yo boss, im waiting for other parts to break too.. hehehe dun keel me whn i see you on fri hor.. but most importantly nth happens on 8 aug ecp
Old 08-05-2009, 01:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Hyper 7 tq some advice plz

hi guys have a few newbie questions about the Hyper 7 tq sport black. How do i split the diff to put oil in it? how do i put oil in the standard shocks? should i upgrade if im going to race or find a good setup with these shocks? im waiting for servo to break before i upgrade.

I have tuned the car myself after run in procedure. The cars low end is pretty quick and the top end is roughly one and a half turns in maybe a tiny bit more. when i do i high speed pass its giving a small amount of exhaust smoke. The glow plug coil is a greyish colour but it dosnt seem to have oil on it! too lean? when i go to kill the engine it revs for about 6 secs pretty high then dies. Also when i stop after a fast couple of runs it revs high for a little bit then slows to a normal idle? should i adjust the idle and LEN ? or is this normal..

im using 16% fuel should i run higher percentage.

thanks for reading so many long questions.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Default is anyone aware of a rc race at bishan active

there was a flyer circulated and it was mentioned that there is a rc race at bishan active on the 08 aug 2009 so curious to know details about the event if any is aware plz let me know the details as it is beside my house so might come down to have some fun together.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Adept

to all the pro out there,

I wish to know how is Ackerman position used in 1/10 touring car, how it affect the car.. i am using a cyclone S by the way.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ginapi
to all the pro out there,

I wish to know how is Ackerman position used in 1/10 touring car, how it affect the car.. i am using a cyclone S by the way.

http://www.rc-truckncar-tuning.com/ackerman.html
this might help.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Nitro racing 1/10 or 1/8 dvd....

hi,
anyone knows where can i buy dvd or vcd on nitro car 1/10 or 1/8 competion?
Old 08-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Nitro fuel: 30% or 20%?

hi guys,

since i'm a newbie, what is the difference for nitro fuel between 30% and 20%? how to know whether it is good for our cars?
Old 08-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default df-03 question

hi
how to compute the gear ratio for DF-03 and what would be your adviced for brushless combo for the car.

thanks
geri
Old 08-10-2009, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default MOPED Electronic Speed Control ESC V16R (Bravo) queries.

Answer found!

i LOVE YOU ALL! lol!

Last edited by HarryLeeWD; 08-10-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

Default tt01 noob here

hi now i am playing drifting on tt01d with lot of hop up n wan 2 go 4 brushless n don't know how many turn can tt01 handle
Old 08-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nameless
hi now i am playing drifting on tt01d with lot of hop up n wan 2 go 4 brushless n don't know how many turn can tt01 handle
Hi bro..(pros correct me if im wrong)the lowest recommended is 9T for a TT-01 any lower than that ur spur & pinion will wear out even faster, if luck is not on ur side ur alu shaft mite bent( a friend of mine went thru tis experience b4). Hope this info is useful enuf for u.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nameless
Hey... Glad to see another tt-01 drifter!

Honestly, stock tt-01 would get simply destroyed by high powered brushless systems like mamba and such...
But more subtle brushless combos like yeah racing 12t should do fine without any problems supposing that your tt-01 already has the sufficient hop ups to handle that amount of power... ie. alu shaft, etc.
But still, i would recommend for you to slowly accelerate when using a brushless, instead of using the crazy acceleration and killing your spur & pinion. Other than that, tt-01 with brushless should be ok.
Still, when in doubt, lubricate!
Old 08-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by donnod
hi guys,

since i'm a newbie, what is the difference for nitro fuel between 30% and 20%? how to know whether it is good for our cars?
hi bro most of us runs 25% nitro, did u went to pa track yesterday, most guys are there on sunday. im in retail sales, so dun get to go on weekends so often, more ever 2nd kid just arrived lagi no time liao

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.