Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 05-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Movi$tar
where to get the drift tyres that can make some sparks ?
whats the model n brand of it ?
Topcad makes these but I don't think got stock now. Winnnie at Swan Models do carry them once a while. Can check there.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Default EX-10 Helio setting

Hey EP RCBro,
New bird to this EX-10 TX. Anyone can kindly advise me how to set the servo to adjust the EPA of the turning. No matter how i set, still understeer. (E.g. only Using normal Sanwa servo- 103 on TA-05 at the moment and the other car TT01 Futaba - 9551 ) Can also advise me how to set Throttle Speed, Punch, Curve, Brake, high point and acceleration. And Steering Speed , Punch, Curve, Balance & travel. Diff on surface.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Tech Initiate

bro, i believe the operating manual is yr best friend now.
If not search for the softcopy online.

high end tx can onli fine tune yr setting, not set the car for u.
always bear that in mind, maybe u got to look into yr set-up bro
Old 05-31-2009, 08:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi pros and gurus, anyone noes which RC shop in SG can help me to fit my HPI T drift tyres onto my HPI XSA 02C rims? both r 26mm.

I tried putting it in boiling water for 1 min - no use

hairdryer also no use. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

fingers blistered like a bitch right now
Old 05-31-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sundeath
hi pros and gurus, anyone noes which RC shop in SG can help me to fit my HPI T drift tyres onto my HPI XSA 02C rims? both r 26mm.

put in boiling water till soft,then squeeze it in till the part that cant go in,then use a flat screwdriver to squeeze the rest in...
if it hardens again,put the whole rim with the tyre in it,then use screwdriver to do the job again...
Old 05-31-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sundeath

put in boiling water till soft,then squeeze it in till the part that cant go in,then use a flat screwdriver to squeeze the rest in...
if it hardens again,put the whole rim with the tyre in it,then use screwdriver to do the job again...
This happens very often with the HPI T-Drifts.

Originally Posted by Ivan Hng
Hey Bro sprig, I had the exact same problem as you when i started out R/C, and with the same tyres. I also used the same methods you used. Then i got fed up and boiled my Tyres in water for 5 mins each. Then you quickly take out the rims and fit them in.

Bear in mind i BOILED THE TYRES IN THE POT OF WATER. If the tyres have cooled down before you have set them into the rims, and they are stuck together, boil them both at the same time. The compound of the tyres will expand faster than the rims. After you have attached them in, put the tyre sets into tap water for a tight fit.

Please wear some kind of kitchen mitts, or you will have sore fingers after that.

If you still can't get them in, PM me. I will try to get them set for you.
Hope this helps.
This is my method. Works everytime.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ivan Hng
This happens very often with the HPI T-Drifts.

This is my method. Works everytime.

THAT MY MASTER IVAN
Old 05-31-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by andre lim
THAT MY MASTER IVAN
KNN you!
Old 06-02-2009, 04:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default E10 Tx & Rx

My friend has this e10 rtr set from Hpi, and when i try to drift his, i cannot drift by maintaining my speed and then just giving it a little more throttle when i need more speed. Instead, i have to constantly tap the throttle just to initiate a slide.

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

And, is it the TX & RX or the ESC that is causing this problem?

PS: I don't really think it's a problem, but i'm using a futaba t2phka tx and rx set with a teu101bk and it seems that i can drift by maintaining speed instead of tapping, and i am more used to that.

Please reply!1
Old 06-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HarryLeeWD
My friend has this e10 rtr set from Hpi, and when i try to drift his, i cannot drift by maintaining my speed and then just giving it a little more throttle when i need more speed. Instead, i have to constantly tap the throttle just to initiate a slide.

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

And, is it the TX & RX or the ESC that is causing this problem?

PS: I don't really think it's a problem, but i'm using a futaba t2phka tx and rx set with a teu101bk and it seems that i can drift by maintaining speed instead of tapping, and i am more used to that.

Please reply!1
Bro did you set the car in drift mode or race mode. If not wrong the car got 2 different set up right?
Old 06-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Normal spray paint on body shell

Has anyone tried to use normal spray paint, those found in hardware stores, to spray paint your body shell?

Will it melt the shell or anything disastrous will happen? Cos the Tamiya ones cost about $7-8 per bottle and you can spray max 1 coat only. The hardware stores only about $3-4 and can spray many coats!

Pls advise. Thanx!
Old 06-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Teva
Has anyone tried to use normal spray paint, those found in hardware stores, to spray paint your body shell?

Will it melt the shell or anything disastrous will happen? Cos the Tamiya ones cost about $7-8 per bottle and you can spray max 1 coat only. The hardware stores only about $3-4 and can spray many coats!

Pls advise. Thanx!
I have used the normal spray paints on my shells. If you are using the shells for EP, I don't see a problem. I have used them on 2 shells before. But the pros will stick to the hobby grade spray paints. As the hobby grade paints have a finer mist. So its up to you.

But i don't recommend using it for GP cars. should the nitro splash on the inside of the shell, the paint will start to melt and come off.

You can try using normal spray paints, but the desired effect may or may not come out.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Teva

Pls advise. Thanx!
normal spray breaks off easily bits by bits compare to tamiya spray which stickes well onto the shell...
Old 06-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

erm i got a noob question...hope u guys dont mind..whats are the turns for the engine/ ? e.g 23t 19t all those...
Old 06-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

normal spray breaks off easily bits by bits compare to tamiya spray which stickes well onto the shell...
Eh, this I disagree... I used Nippon Pylox on two of my shells. No chips no cracks. In fact, its still intact.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.