Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 04-29-2009, 11:11 PM
  #3106  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 25
Default

Originally Posted by Ivan Hng
No prob bro. Good to know that you managed to get the tyres in. I got help last time when i started. So i guess its only the right thing to do to pass it on.. LOL.. Happy drifting!
still very noob in drift..always cannt drift slowly and nicely
any suggest or tips from u?
I saw ppl drift with low speed and entering cover with beautifull drift curve. any modification to the car i need to do or this just purely skill?

so far what i had done is lock the rear diff gear.
sprig is offline  
Old 04-30-2009, 01:12 AM
  #3107  
Nov
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Nov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,038
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sprig
still very noob in drift..always cannt drift slowly and nicely
any suggest or tips from u?
I saw ppl drift with low speed and entering cover with beautifull drift curve. any modification to the car i need to do or this just purely skill?

so far what i had done is lock the rear diff gear.
If you think your car is too fast, you can try using lower grip tires or playing on less grippy surface...
Or else ask those people whom you saw...
Nov is offline  
Old 04-30-2009, 01:48 AM
  #3108  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Rohitx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North East, Singapore
Posts: 276
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sprig
still very noob in drift..always cannt drift slowly and nicely
any suggest or tips from u?
I saw ppl drift with low speed and entering cover with beautifull drift curve. any modification to the car i need to do or this just purely skill?

so far what i had done is lock the rear diff gear.
Try the PVC tires and see how u feel. Using tires which has strong grip will make ur car go fast. PVC is slippery hence u can have that smooth slow drift curve u mention. Hahah.
Rohitx is offline  
Old 04-30-2009, 02:35 AM
  #3109  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 25
Default

Originally Posted by Rohitx
Try the PVC tires and see how u feel. Using tires which has strong grip will make ur car go fast. PVC is slippery hence u can have that smooth slow drift curve u mention. Hahah.
so it reli my skill...not my chassic setup
now i using T-drift, the drift curve is big...need more training.....
i hear if i mod my front to 'one way front' i can entering corner easily and with lower speed..is that true? how much is this "one way front" hop up?
sprig is offline  
Old 04-30-2009, 06:39 AM
  #3110  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Rohitx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North East, Singapore
Posts: 276
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sprig
so it reli my skill...not my chassic setup
now i using T-drift, the drift curve is big...need more training.....
i hear if i mod my front to 'one way front' i can entering corner easily and with lower speed..is that true? how much is this "one way front" hop up?
Well personally i have not tried the front one way. I heard its good for drifting n if you have a front one-way and you hit the brakes, the rear wheels stop, but the front wheels keep spinning.
Not too sure how much would it cost but i know Orchard Plaza (Winnie) has it.
Rohitx is offline  
Old 04-30-2009, 06:25 PM
  #3111  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
lamboza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: woodlands
Posts: 58
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default newbie

Does any 1 has the problem of oversteer? the car kept spinning.. How to overcome it ? and also my car front left tires kept brushing against the shell causing the paint to fade.. any possible solutions ?

Cheers
lamboza is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 03:16 AM
  #3112  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
kaixxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MARS
Posts: 110
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lamboza
Does any 1 has the problem of oversteer? the car kept spinning.. How to overcome it ? and also my car front left tires kept brushing against the shell causing the paint to fade.. any possible solutions ?

Cheers
regarding ur oversteer problem, wad kit are u using?
is it when u throttle it spins straight away or it is just oversteer problem?
if it is just oversteer problem, maybe u can change ur rear spring to soft or adjust ur ride height.

as for ur front tyre keep bushing against ur shell, maybe u can use a curve scissor to cut away the part where it hits ur wheel. OR adjust ur shell by moving it higher.
kaixxxx is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 06:35 AM
  #3113  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
lamboza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: woodlands
Posts: 58
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kaixxxx
regarding ur oversteer problem, wad kit are u using?
is it when u throttle it spins straight away or it is just oversteer problem?
if it is just oversteer problem, maybe u can change ur rear spring to soft or adjust ur ride height.

as for ur front tyre keep bushing against ur shell, maybe u can use a curve scissor to cut away the part where it hits ur wheel. OR adjust ur shell by moving it higher.
the oversteer problem is solved however the tires are still brushing against the shell .. is not the side of the shellls but deeper inside..
[eg when turning right the top left tires will brush against the shell and cause a werid sound.. maybe is it the offset of the rims?
lamboza is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 06:41 AM
  #3114  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Rohitx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North East, Singapore
Posts: 276
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lamboza
the oversteer problem is solved however the tires are still brushing against the shell .. is not the side of the shellls but deeper inside..
[eg when turning right the top left tires will brush against the shell and cause a werid sound.. maybe is it the offset of the rims?
I would think its the wheel offset or the ride height problem here. Try using 0 offset rims or increase ur ride height in the body post.
Rohitx is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:13 AM
  #3115  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
lamboza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: woodlands
Posts: 58
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rohitx
I would think its the wheel offset or the ride height problem here. Try using 0 offset rims or increase ur ride height in the body post.
Increase the height not nice alr. the rims are 3mm offset.. my LHS didn't mention that i have to offset any stuff..
Currently using E10 and 26mm rims. with Maxconcept hard tyres.
lamboza is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 09:26 AM
  #3116  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Rohitx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North East, Singapore
Posts: 276
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lamboza
Increase the height not nice alr. the rims are 3mm offset.. my LHS didn't mention that i have to offset any stuff..
Currently using E10 and 26mm rims. with Maxconcept hard tyres.
LHS will give u suggestions but its upto u what u WANT in thd end. In this case, use 24mm rims then.
Rohitx is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 09:40 PM
  #3117  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10
Default Newbie

Hi people out there, i just bought a team magic model RTR G4 JR.It is my first car.Can anybody advise me on how should i take care of my car as well the pros and cons about it.Thanks!
maruthi is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 10:40 PM
  #3118  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 21
Default

hi,im interested in getting a t15 charger,this charger does not have a balancer right?

rather than getting a t15 and a balancer(T6B?) is it more worth to get the T15 plus?
ruein is offline  
Old 05-02-2009, 01:47 AM
  #3119  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
lamboza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: woodlands
Posts: 58
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hi , my friend have this lipo battery which is kind of bloated.. brand is Titanium velociti 5100 mah 28C .. if put on table and spin can reach up to 7 rounds.
shld he still keep this lipo? cos my lipo doesn't have this bloated case and won't spin.
lamboza is offline  
Old 05-02-2009, 02:53 AM
  #3120  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7
Default Signs of low batt?

hi wad are the signs of low batt? Mine is like car jerking. and why my 1500mah batt fully charged cant even play like for 2mins. using tamiya plug.
tiffanydunk is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.