Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 04-25-2009, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NicesDrift
Hi All, New Bird here izzit ok to buy 2nd R/C Car to start?? or i just go n buy new One? i more like to DRIFT Style Need alot of advices from Old bird here.....oops Btw any Bro wanna sell TT01 model with full set??? cos i seach alot of forum All Bro sayin TT01 is Good for beginner like mi so i duno wherether izzit
Bro,
Depends on how much you want to spend on this hobby....

Gd thing.....
-2nd hand Kit will be alot cheaper then brand new if you got a gd deal...

Bad thing....
-Wear and tear We cant see with our naked eyes
-If the kit got problem, you will not know where to start off with

just my view on 2nd kit....
But if the price is gd, go grab it.....
Old 04-25-2009, 03:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lamboza
Jus wondering y my neon light won't light up when i insert the 9v in.. however when i bought from the uncle. he tested and it lighted up.. Wad could be the possible reason ? Thx alot. Jus 2 connections..

What did the uncle use to test the lights with previously? Also a 9V? U sure u put the wires correctly to the battery? If in doubt, bring yr stup back to the shop and ask him to test for u again using the 9V.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adrictan
What did the uncle use to test the lights with previously? Also a 9V? U sure u put the wires correctly to the battery? If in doubt, bring yr stup back to the shop and ask him to test for u again using the 9V.
He did not use a battery to test. power came from a socket.. clips are red n black and it lights up .. but i was told the neon would light up with a 9v batt. Could this be fake ? cos i tried putting the wires in both ways and no light came .
Old 04-26-2009, 12:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sprig
Hi psychophant, thank for your suggest, i do try that also
but it seen not working. i think i will go home measure my rims again.
how much for those type t-drift +rims
Hey Bro sprig, I had the exact same problem as you when i started out R/C, and with the same tyres. I also used the same methods you used. Then i got fed up and boiled my Tyres in water for 5 mins each. Then you quickly take out the rims and fit them in.

Bear in mind i BOILED THE TYRES IN THE POT OF WATER. If the tyres have cooled down before you have set them into the rims, and they are stuck together, boil them both at the same time. The compound of the tyres will expand faster than the rims. After you have attached them in, put the tyre sets into tap water for a tight fit.

Please wear some kind of kitchen mitts, or you will have sore fingers after that.

If you still can't get them in, PM me. I will try to get them set for you.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Getting a drift car....

Hi all, i'm thinking of getting a drift car, but don't know what to get.. all i know is that i like the brand H.P.I ...

i would like to ask whats the difference between Sprint 2 drift, Sprint 2 Sport and Sprint 2 Drift sport RTR... Quite new to R/c car. Don't really know which to get and what to get after getting the car. Personally i like the Sprint 2 drift sport.. Anyway, please kindly give your precious advices and thanks for the guidance.

Thank you
Old 04-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mini_Inferno
Hi all, i'm thinking of getting a drift car, but don't know what to get.. all i know is that i like the brand H.P.I ...

i would like to ask whats the difference between Sprint 2 drift, Sprint 2 Sport and Sprint 2 Drift sport RTR... Quite new to R/c car. Don't really know which to get and what to get after getting the car. Personally i like the Sprint 2 drift sport.. Anyway, please kindly give your precious advices and thanks for the guidance.

Thank you

I don't have experience with the Sprint 2. But may I suggest another chassis, that is around the same price as a Sprint 2?

It's the TA-05, great drifter, and grip racer. Big bang for your buck.
Also has amazing potential if you hop it up.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mini_Inferno

Thank you
The difference should be the type of tyres packaged with it. The drift versions should come with drift tyres, and the sport version is with touring tyres.

The RTR would come fully assembled with basic electronics to make the car run, whereas the others I believe would be kit versions, whereby you have to build the car.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi, thanks for the reply... Will consider between these cars... Shops do sell factory painted shells right? Are they reamed? or we can ream it on our own according to what car we have.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all. Does anybody have an updated list of tracks in singapore for 1/10 ep touring?

Track fees/membership info would be appreciated too.

So far i only know of the following tracks:

RCRC@Bottletree ($70 monthly)
Turf city (no idea how much)
Old 04-28-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by grategenin
I don't have experience with the Sprint 2. But may I suggest another chassis, that is around the same price as a Sprint 2?

It's the TA-05, great drifter, and grip racer. Big bang for your buck.
Also has amazing potential if you hop it up.
there are pros and cons btween ta05 and sprint 2. the main advantage of sprint 2 is the weight balance, with different kind os battery you put in, L/R balance still ok, not like ta-05.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by salbacutetah
there are pros and cons btween ta05 and sprint 2. the main advantage of sprint 2 is the weight balance, with different kind os battery you put in, L/R balance still ok, not like ta-05.
hmm, then what should i start of with? TT01? actually i'm looking at something in the mid-range...
Old 04-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ivan Hng
Hey Bro sprig, I had the exact same problem as you when i started out R/C, and with the same tyres. I also used the same methods you used. Then i got fed up and boiled my Tyres in water for 5 mins each. Then you quickly take out the rims and fit them in.

Bear in mind i BOILED THE TYRES IN THE POT OF WATER. If the tyres have cooled down before you have set them into the rims, and they are stuck together, boil them both at the same time. The compound of the tyres will expand faster than the rims. After you have attached them in, put the tyre sets into tap water for a tight fit.

Please wear some kind of kitchen mitts, or you will have sore fingers after that.

If you still can't get them in, PM me. I will try to get them set for you.
Hope this helps.
Hi Bro Ivan,
Thank you very much for your advice...lastweekend finally i manage to put them together...yes it very hard for me at first..but with "never say die" spirit...finally i done it...i using the same method u suggest above which is hot water.. because from the instruction paper come together with T-drift tires it suggest that we should insert from front of rims...but i reverse it..i insert from back of rims....n i press the rim down follow the edge of tires.
this took me around few hour to complete 4 of them..
Old 04-29-2009, 02:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sprig
Hi Bro Ivan,
Thank you very much for your advice...lastweekend finally i manage to put them together...yes it very hard for me at first..but with "never say die" spirit...finally i done it...i using the same method u suggest above which is hot water.. because from the instruction paper come together with T-drift tires it suggest that we should insert from front of rims...but i reverse it..i insert from back of rims....n i press the rim down follow the edge of tires.
this took me around few hour to complete 4 of them..
No prob bro. Good to know that you managed to get the tyres in. I got help last time when i started. So i guess its only the right thing to do to pass it on.. LOL.. Happy drifting!
Old 04-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi,anyone know where can i get the rubber wheel for bump starter??
Old 04-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by koifish88
hi,anyone know where can i get the rubber wheel for bump starter??

Swan Model if I am not wrong.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.