Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 04-15-2009, 07:59 PM
  #3061  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
wenjie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 351
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Nov
Most touring cars have harder front springs than the rear...

But for drifting, most people prefer softer front springs to allow more weight transfer to the front during off-throttle hence easier to swing the car around...

Stock springs, silver in color? That should be considered as soft...
How come touring is hard front soft rear?Sorry.newbie in touring
wenjie is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 08:09 PM
  #3062  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
wenjie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 351
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

This is one of my Mini 4WD.Do you think it can fit ABC shells?
Attached Thumbnails Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!-dsc00238.jpg   Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!-dsc00239.jpg  
wenjie is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 08:52 PM
  #3063  
Nov
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Nov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,038
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wenjie
How come touring is hard front soft rear?Sorry.newbie in touring
Higher speed in touring, there's more momentum than drifting...More weight will be thrown forward and might oversteer in a corner...

Also, if I'm not wrong...responsiveness decreases with softer springs...Making the car abit slower thru some corners...

Therefore, harder springs in front...Most pro-kit manuals would recommend harder springs front as default setup...

As for your mini, I'm not sure what car it is...Maybe some other bros can help you with it...
Nov is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 09:13 PM
  #3064  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
wenjie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 351
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Its an Xpress Mini.Discontinued though.
wenjie is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 09:34 PM
  #3065  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
magoasti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 106
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking Infos..infos...infos

Hi bros, does anyone here knows any good websites for research & info gathering in RC parts & hop ups? Thnks a million..
magoasti is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 04:44 AM
  #3066  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 97
Default

Would balancing my weight, give me the same ride height all around?

I use friction shocks
grategenin is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 05:24 AM
  #3067  
Tech Adept
 
nameless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: bedok
Posts: 188
Default

Originally Posted by magoasti
Hi bros, does anyone here knows any good websites for research & info gathering in RC parts & hop ups? Thnks a million..
rcmart.com
nameless is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 01:00 PM
  #3068  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 97
Default

Originally Posted by nameless
rcmart.com
asiatees.com
grategenin is offline  
Old 04-18-2009, 04:09 AM
  #3069  
Tech Rookie
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 15
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Can the Futaba S9551 servo be used with lipo batts?

Rcmart says "Ni-cd use only".. But i've read that some people are using the servo with lipos. So does anyone know which one is true?
WhOoPe3 is offline  
Old 04-18-2009, 08:29 AM
  #3070  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
Silvialite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Woodlands
Posts: 857
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by WhOoPe3
Can the Futaba S9551 servo be used with lipo batts?

Rcmart says "Ni-cd use only".. But i've read that some people are using the servo with lipos. So does anyone know which one is true?
Using the 9551 on my EP car with lipo currently. No problems. The battery type doesn't matter, it's the voltage.
Silvialite is offline  
Old 04-18-2009, 01:28 PM
  #3071  
Tech Rookie
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 15
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Silvialite
Using the 9551 on my EP car with lipo currently. No problems. The battery type doesn't matter, it's the voltage.
Ok thanks!
WhOoPe3 is offline  
Old 04-18-2009, 09:51 PM
  #3072  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
lamboza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: woodlands
Posts: 58
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Newbie

Hi guys,
was wondering how do we check to see if the ESC is able to support up to how many T of motor ? And also advice for the motor T from which brand . Lastly how to know when to change the brush in the brushed motors? any visible signs ?
Thx alot.


Cheers

3PM-FS 75Mhz
E10- 350z
lamboza is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 04:35 AM
  #3073  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 97
Default

Originally Posted by lamboza
Hi guys,
was wondering how do we check to see if the ESC is able to support up to how many T of motor ? And also advice for the motor T from which brand . Lastly how to know when to change the brush in the brushed motors? any visible signs ?
Thx alot.


Cheers

3PM-FS 75Mhz
E10- 350z

Look in your manual or read the description. And when your motor starts losing power fast, not preforming normally.
grategenin is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 08:49 PM
  #3074  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 32
Default Receiver to be use

hi there,

Are there any mini receivers on market I can use for both Digital and Anologue servos.

Presently I hv 2 Futaba digital and 2 stock Xray NT18 anologue servos (my guess they both are Hitec ones). Trying to use one MX-3 transmittor for both cars.

thanks
great_scott is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 08:52 PM
  #3075  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
Silvialite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Woodlands
Posts: 857
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by great_scott
hi there,

Are there any mini receivers on market I can use for both Digital and Anologue servos.

Presently I hv 2 Futaba digital and 2 stock Xray NT18 anologue servos (my guess they both are Hitec ones). Trying to use one MX-3 transmittor for both cars.

thanks
IMHO, it should not be a problem to use any receivers with both digital and analog servos. The MX-3 receiver can take both digital and analog servos.

Just my $0.02. Kindly correct me if I'm mistaken.
Silvialite is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.