Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 03-31-2009, 02:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lamboza
I would like to know whats the diff between brush motors n brushless. It seems that price is way to different. And also suggest motors for [e10].
Lamboza...You have to do your own research first. Search the threads in here. There's are many threads to answer some of your queries. It's quite tedious answering what ppl have answered over and over.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adrictan
Lamboza...You have to do your own research first. Search the threads in here. There's are many threads to answer some of your queries. It's quite tedious answering what ppl have answered over and over.
Sry sry .. did some reseach on my own alr.. Thx
Old 03-31-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Clarification needed...

Hi gd morning bros,

recently a friend of mine bought a 3rd party hop-up, its a front 1 way alu shaft and it works quite well but some told me not to use 3rd party products and recommended Tamiya's front 1 way unit & rear ball diff gear. Pls advice very clueless which is better & whats the diff? and i understand the Tamiya's front 1 way unit & rear ball diff gear is more costly than the 3rd party hop-up.

Thnx lots & lots. Cheers!

Last edited by magoasti; 04-01-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by magoasti
Hi gd morning bros,

recently a friend of mine bought a 3rd party hop-up, its a front 1 way alu shaft and it works quite well but some told me not to use 3rd party products and recommended Tamiya's front 1 way unit & rear ball diff gear. Pls advice very clueless which is better & whats the diff? and i understand the Tamiya's front 1 way unit & rear ball diff gear is more costly than the 3rd party hop-up.

Tamiya's front 1 way unit & rear ball diff gear come wif original and acurate measurements ; somehw is expensive due to the brand too...

3rd party hop-up's measurements may not come wif correct and acurate measurements ; somehw may not fit for ur chassis and is cheaper than the original hopups...
Old 04-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedom
Tamiya's front 1 way unit & rear ball diff gear come wif original and acurate measurements ; somehw is expensive due to the brand too...

3rd party hop-up's measurements may not come wif correct and acurate measurements ; somehw may not fit for ur chassis and is cheaper than the original hopups...
Oooo...Thnx. But still wanna know about its performance, how it affects the user.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Drifting chassis

I'm getting excited see ppl drifting, may i know which is the best drifting chassis? or maybe i should say is all depends on the skill irregardless of chassis model?

belt driven better or shaft driven better? Need your input.

any drifter mind to share your experiance?

thankx
Old 04-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Nov
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GTBB
I'm getting excited see ppl drifting, may i know which is the best drifting chassis? or maybe i should say is all depends on the skill irregardless of chassis model?

belt driven better or shaft driven better? Need your input.

any drifter mind to share your experiance?

thankx
There's no best chassis, more of skill in driving and setting...The chassis choice will be important if you're the kind where you depend more on settings than pure driving skill...I'm the kind that depend on settings...

Chassis with more weight in the front (Like Pro-D, TA03F, TA05) makes it easier to swing around...But this doesn't mean other chassis cannot drift well...

Currently using a 416 for drifting cos I'm more of a hopup guy...So by getting the top end, I won't need to spend extra money to get hopups...

Shaft cars are more responsive on the throttle than belt cars...Personally I prefer a belt car for a smoother driving feel, particularly for motors faster than a 23T...
Old 04-03-2009, 03:47 AM
Tech Adept

yeah like wad nov is saying there's no best chassis, but only best tuner.
if u know how to tune, even basic car like E10 can perform to its best.
For me i prefer shaft driven car, i like the feeling of having power in my hand.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default Charging batts with T15

Hi bros got a very annoying qn to ask(1st time usin a T15), coz recently a friend of mine juz passed me his T15 b4 going overseas and didnt explain quite in detail.. Got a 2400 & 3700 NiMH, my qn is when charging should i charge at 3.0A(as according to the manual) or 2.4A for 2400 NiMH & 3.7A for NiMH? :confuse

Thnx alot..
Old 04-03-2009, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

Default Drifting enquiry..

Hi again Bros,

got another qn..hope u guys can shed some light...

Old 04-03-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi again Bros,

got another qn..hope u guys can shed some light...

I thought your question was answered earlier???
Old 04-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

Hi bros got a very annoying qn to ask(1st time usin a T15), coz recently a friend of mine juz passed me his T15 b4 going overseas and didnt explain quite in detail.. Got a 2400 & 3700 NiMH, my qn is when charging should i charge at 3.0A(as according to the manual) or 2.4A for 2400 NiMH & 3.7A for NiMH? :confuse

Thnx alot..
nah, u can charge up to 5A for ur batts if u wan.
Advantage of charging high A:
-u can charge ur batt faster.
-more punch u will get from ur batt.

Disadvantage of charging high A:
-batt will die faster.
For ur case i think u can set ur T15 charger 4 to 4.5A, no problem with tat.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Rza
Tech Adept

heloo.. im noob.. noob need help..

ok guys, im now using digital servos for my steering. ive got an extra tx and rx set for me to use. but the frequency is in AM.. its a sanwa blazer sth sth...

my servos are ko-propo ics-2363 or sth sth..
and futaba 9550

can i use that receiver in AM frequency with any of the two servo?

will it burn the RX or damage the servo in anyway?

please help. thank you..

noob i am, noob need help.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thnx alot..
Bro,
I'm using a T15 Tahmazo charger.
If u want to charge a 2400 / 3700 NIMH bat, set it to 2.4A / 3.7A
That's simple.

Thxs
Old 04-04-2009, 03:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Default about crystal

hi i have a qus..

i have a tx that can change up to 12 channel...
my tx n rx crystal is 09 27.175Mhz if i wanna buy a rx crystal for other car
with same channel 09 do i need to buy the same frequnecy 27.175MHz or
27.xxxMHz crystal ?? so i can just chance 1 of the 12 channel to play.

best regard
Noob

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.