Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 09-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XiaoBenJ
Are there any track to play Eletric RC ??????
racecraft at queenstown club...
Old 09-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Need information on Sanwa MX-3FHSS

Hi All,

Anyone, who familiar with Sanwa MX-3FHSS controller?

My MX-3FHSS receiver seems to produce some flikering noise

when transmitting. Is that a normal condition?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ziz2008
Hi All,

Anyone, who familiar with Sanwa MX-3FHSS controller?

My MX-3FHSS receiver seems to produce some flikering noise

when transmitting. Is that a normal condition?
What do you mean by that? As in the servos/esc are not stable?
Old 09-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hi all,

had a qus, wat is the diffence between spool, ball diff, front/rear/center one way? if i am going for drifting, which one should i use?

thanks !
Old 09-12-2008, 12:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by stocker
What do you mean by that? As in the servos/esc are not stable?
even the servo was not connected there still flikering noise to the receiver.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ziz2008
even the servo was not connected there still flikering noise to the receiver.
Mine's quite OK. Maybe you wanna bring it back to the shop?
Old 09-15-2008, 07:05 AM
Tech Addict

hi people, would need some help here.

recently the rear differential of my ta05 is acting up. No matter how much I tighten/losen it, after a few runs the differential will just slip and the 2 wheels become able to turn independently of one another.

Please advise on possible remedies.. I've already reassembled the differential countless times but the same thing still happen.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default mabuchi/johnson 540 motor question

Hello to all,

Does anyone know if the stock motor is designed to run only 1 direction or both direction as in forward n reverse. Will there be a "decrease" in performance if the ESC is "reverse" via transmitter instead of reversing and re-soldering the wires to the motor. I hope I'm not confusing anyone.

Lastly, I'm still using a old Futaba 3PJ radio which is still in good condition. Is it still possible to be able to get another Futaba PCM receiver and module to extend the lifespan of the radio? Or can I use 3PK PCM receiver and module for the 3PJ transmitter?

Regards
joe
Old 09-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

NO matter which you reverse, the motor still ends up going forward, for the forward direction!
Old 09-17-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jchng
Hello to all,

Does anyone know if the stock motor is designed to run only 1 direction or both direction as in forward n reverse. Will there be a "decrease" in performance if the ESC is "reverse" via transmitter instead of reversing and re-soldering the wires to the motor. I hope I'm not confusing anyone.

Lastly, I'm still using a old Futaba 3PJ radio which is still in good condition. Is it still possible to be able to get another Futaba PCM receiver and module to extend the lifespan of the radio? Or can I use 3PK PCM receiver and module for the 3PJ transmitter?

Regards
joe
joseph,

howsitgoing brader?? Havent seen u in a long time daaah!!..i will try to answer to the best of my knowledge.

Mabuchi or Johnsons can run in any direction..( forward or reverse).Usually if i ever need to run any silver cans, i'll break it in, in the direction intended for it to be used in..coz i had an old mini ( m01) dat required the motor to be turning in the opposite direction ( to the normal ) for it to go forward.

As with reversing the direction via the TX instead of the soldering the proper terminals,..i have no answer for dat.but i'd do it the 'correct' way if i were u..to have the correct terminals soldered on the pos+ and neg- tabs to make it run in the direction u want.

I have a 3pk which uses a module from a 3pj..They are able to operate if u mix and match within the same frequency.

So, to directly answer u on this...it is a yes. U can use a 3pj module ( just make sure u are on the same frequency) with a PCM and a PPM (FM) receiver.

To add on further, wat u CANNOT do is to get a HRS receiver and use it with a 3pj ( pls correct me if i am wrong)..becoz the HRS mode is unavailable in a 3pj.

Hope dis helps
regards
Evil Ernie
Old 09-17-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

anywhere got sell cheap 3700mah bat?
Old 09-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evil Ernie
joseph,

howsitgoing brader?? Havent seen u in a long time daaah!!..i will try to answer to the best of my knowledge.

Mabuchi or Johnsons can run in any direction..( forward or reverse).Usually if i ever need to run any silver cans, i'll break it in, in the direction intended for it to be used in..coz i had an old mini ( m01) dat required the motor to be turning in the opposite direction ( to the normal ) for it to go forward.

As with reversing the direction via the TX instead of the soldering the proper terminals,..i have no answer for dat.but i'd do it the 'correct' way if i were u..to have the correct terminals soldered on the pos+ and neg- tabs to make it run in the direction u want.

I have a 3pk which uses a module from a 3pj..They are able to operate if u mix and match within the same frequency.

So, to directly answer u on this...it is a yes. U can use a 3pj module ( just make sure u are on the same frequency) with a PCM and a PPM (FM) receiver.

To add on further, wat u CANNOT do is to get a HRS receiver and use it with a 3pj ( pls correct me if i am wrong)..becoz the HRS mode is unavailable in a 3pj.

Hope dis helps
regards
Evil Ernie
Hiya Evil Ernie,

Thanks a million for your help and explanation. Sorry for disappearing for a long while. Busy fishing lah. Will be back to RC car soon as the fishing season will be over soon. BTW, my reason asking about the RX n module is that I had bought a F103RM so I thought of getting an additional RX for the car. However, I'm not sure if I'm able to buy the RX and Module for the outdated 3PJ.

I'm really glad that Tamiya release the F103RM. A very basic car kit that's is really cheap to maintain and run just like the MO-3 only speedier. I had a blast with it on a silver can.

Hope to see you n Alex on the track soon.

joseph
Old 09-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

May I know wat is included in the T15plus charger package? I know it does not include the power cable and connectors. Does it include the balancing board to connect to the balancing port to balance lipos?? Do i really need the balancing board or can i jus connect to the balancing port to balance lipos.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hitblitz
May I know wat is included in the T15plus charger package? I know it does not include the power cable and connectors. Does it include the balancing board to connect to the balancing port to balance lipos?? Do i really need the balancing board or can i jus connect to the balancing port to balance lipos.
Not too sure which is which but to the best of my knowledge and experience when buying the T15,they have the T15 dc only,T15 AC/DC and there is another one with the Lipo Balancer.Bought mine w/o the balancer as I dun need to charge Lipos but was told that the one w/o the balancer,you can purchase it separately and works better than the one originally with the balancer.More functions like charging 2 lipos at a time.Singapore hobby has both the newer versions,maybe you can check it out.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Nov
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Anyone has heard of lexan glue?
The kind used for pasting magazine cut-outs onto bodyshell...

Where can I get this glue in Singapore and estimated price? Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.